• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

critique friends routine he wants to start with sdmz please

mastershake

Registered
Reaction score
i gave a bottle of sdmz to a really good friend since he just cant afford it (has 5 kids and just got his hours cut back) and this is what he wants to run for a weekly routine please critique this as much as possible no hard feelings or anything like that. i have always been one to go a bit heavier and a few less reps he likes high reps a bit lighter weight but he has not seen the gains he wanted in the past i want to help him as much as possible. he wants to add some weight but also wants to lean up during the cycle so please go to town on what you think this is what he emailed me and he is open to changes by all means:

Monday: Chest
2 sets of warm up on Flat bench barbell

4 sets of reps Flat bench barbell
4 sets of incline dumbell supersetted with incline dumbell flys
4 sets dips super setted with cable crossovers

Tues: Arms
superset a bi and tri exercise each time.

4 sets straight barbell curl
4 sets of rope cable press downs
4 sets preacher curl
4 sets of nose breakers with cambered bar
4 sets of seated dumbell curl
4 sets of dumbell kickback

Wed : Legs

4 sets of squats
4 sets of Leg press : super set with calf raises on leg press
4 sets of stiff leg dead
4 sets of leg extensions

Thursday: Back
4 sets of pull down machine
4 sets of cable rows
4 sets of alt. dumbell row
2 sets of straight bar bent over row

Fri: Shoulders

4 sets of dumbell over head press
4 sets of front raises
4 sets of high pulls
4 sets of alt. cable side raises
4 sets of shrugs : superset with high rep light weight High Pulls

off SAT and SUN : cardio and abs thrown in when possible

im not sure of what the recc norm is i was always originally trained by a old school guy and its always worked for me and this is a bit different than i would run (unless im totally wrong)

thanks!!

Monday chest, Tue arms? Hes working his triceps alot already on monday, training them again the next day is too much IMO, hes doing dips and heavy compound movements like bench press. His triceps wont be recovered the next day, I would change this for sure. I personally think back and biceps is great together, why not have chest tri or shoulder tri day? heavy compound movements are really going to push your triceps as well as chest/shoulders.
I've only been lifting three years but this is my opinion

then again chest, back then arms is too much, you are already using your arms a hell of alot when doing chest and back exercises. A third day would be over training them. I dont do arm days as I think its easier to add them into workouts rather than focus on them. Adding triceps into a chest workout is much more effective for me than training them on there own.

grouping muscle groups together is very effective for me. back/biceps - pulling motions, chest/tri pushing, shoulders/tricep , chest shoulder and tricep is also effective for me etc

Honestly bro this is what my outline is set up like and it works great perfect time so nothing is to worn to work through the week

Monday- chest/shoulders
Tues -Legs
Wednesday-Back
Thursday-Core-abs-obliques
Friday-Arms

Gives you spacing between your upper body so your not lifting back to back same muscles the next day.
And definitely agree with biggie on adding deadlifts Super important to do them.

GL bro

Last edited:
thank you all for the input all has been relayed to him and im trying to get him to sign up here to get even more advice...

Back