• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Oats

RatedR

Registered
Reaction score
Have been eating plain oats during my diet and getting sick of the taste. Any of you guys good healthy recipe for oats to go with my eggwhites in the am? Greatly appreciated.

Cinnamon, stevia, and almonds

Tbl spoon of honey and the above.

I like to mix oatmeal, egg whites, cottage cheese, cinnamon and vanilla blend it into a batter and make pancakes..if I want extra carbs or fats throw in a banana and some natural peanut butter.

I like to mix oatmeal, egg whites, cottage cheese, cinnamon and vanilla blend it into a batter and make pancakes..if I want extra carbs or fats throw in a banana and some natural peanut butter.

I'm going to try this one! I was on a low everything diet last yea:r calories/carbs/sugars and used a recipe for a pancake that was ground flax seed allowed to moisten in egg with a little stevia. After the diet, I started adding oats for better texture and flavor. I like the idea of adding cottage cheese and hitting the blender to make a batter.

Hey R - If you can afford the fats (I'm struggling to add enough), I've been cooking 1/4 cup oats with 1/4 c low-fat milk in the microwave. It's cooked but rather dry. I mix it up by adding peanut butter. A teaspoon will flavor it up. A tablespoon will really put some punch in it. Sweeten it up a bit with stevia and it's almost like a peanut butter no-bake cookie (flavor) I use that as a carb and fat booster to my very low carb and fat-free a.m. protein drink. You could multiply the recipe for what your oat consumption is.

If you can afford the fruit sugars, I cook my oats on the dry side, sweeten with stevia (or a touch of brown sugar when I'm not being good), then just add a small serving of frozen blueberries or frozen cherries. The heat from the oats defrosts the frozen fruit and it's rather nice. I also like adding chopped apple for an interesting flavor and texture. Cinnamon and nutmeg do wonders, as well.

I've also mixed vanilla and cookies/cream flavored protein powder in with cooked oats for a nice change. Added peanut butter to these, at times, as well.

Oats
1-2 TBSP PB
Half scoop protein powder

Can use silk or water for mixing it. I eat my oats raw.

I most definitely agree with bodyarchitect. Those pancakes I saw from karaleigh83 channel on YouTube. They just rock. I fix em for the whole family. Everybody loves them they're that good. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, I do 1/3 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp baking powder. I use my bullet that purees it fine into a batter. I can't find any walden farms syrup around here so I use sugar free mrs buttersworth. The macros are around 300 cals, 27.7 g protein, 44.9 g carbs, 5.7 g fat. Highly recommend. These
make two decent size pancakes. They're generally too much for my wife and kids to eat. They're thin but man they're filling. They'll make one a piece. Hope it helps.

I actually just eat regular raisin and spice oatmeal and add a little bit of cinnamon to it.

I'd highly recommend the pancake method too!!! It's a great way to get those eggs in without feeling like you're eating eggs.. A take from bodyarchitects post, I've been combining 1/3 C. oats, one whole egg (I need the added fats and cholesterol), 2 egg whites, 1/2 C. low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese, 1/8 t. baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, stevia, and usually a T. of ground flax seed and a t. of flax oil or an appropriate amount of olive oil to get those omega's in. I haven't even been using sugar-free syrup. Just cook them a little extra well and munch on them while they're warm.

Vicious mentioned eating his oats raw. To accompany my low-carb, fat-free protein drink I've been using 1/4 C. raw oats, 1 T. chunky peanut butter, and stevia -- smash it all together and it's in the neighborhood of peanut butter granola. And fast! I had to leave without notice this morning. Usually I have protein bars on hand but this morning it was a 30g. protein drink and a cup of oats/peanut butter/stevia on the go. Ready in 2 minutes.. Thanks, guys, for the great ideas!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oats... this is my jam!
You will need:
1 cup of oats
1 1/2 cups of water
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
1 tbsp. of all-natural peanut butter
1 banana (optional)
1 packet of stevia (optional)

Back