• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

PFE on fire with PYRO RX Log

PFEPerformance

Registered
Reaction score
Pyro-300x273.jpg

Ok - here we go - lil back story

I am just coming away from my first run at WP Comp - competed last Saturday 10/20. Prior to this I competed a few years in Figure - was simply NOT my fit. I enjoy lifting heavy and pushing hard and competing with more size and tightness - Figure held me back from this. I will say after this last weekend and having an absolute blast - I have found my fit!!!!

Current goal - is to keep my energy UP, keep the BF DOWN, and in turn with the energy - keep my training hardcore and heavy for the next couple weeks here in prep for my next comp Nov 17. For those competitors out there - this phase after a comp can be brutal and critical to avoid the ole "re bound" pig out non sense ............... So, I had my gluttenous carb load Saturday evening after comp and most of Sunday - starting Monday I was back on the horse and diet clean and TIGHT!

BF @ 5.5% @ show

Started with 1 tab yesterday and I didn't notice a whole lot of anything - BUT, I was still pretty tired and on the hungover (carb load hangover) side of things..... Also, I am a bit of a stim junkie so I'm probably a bit more tolerant to the effects than some would be (my prep for 10/20 show was Cellucore Super HD along with a shot of 5H energy on tough training days! LOL - yes you read that right!).

Today - up at 4:45AM - took one tab on empty with my Chained Out prior to Cardio - about ten min in I warmed up nicely and endurance hung strong and good throughout.

Plan is to take a second tab at lunch time and see where that takes me.

So- November 17 - here we come!! Stay tuned!
~Lorrie ~ Mediocrity is NOT an option! ~

You look amazing in your AVI, nice work!! Careful with that post-contest rebond like you said...what show are you doing on 11/17? Best of luck with your prep and keep us posted.

You look amazing in your AVI, nice work!! Careful with that post-contest rebond like you said...what show are you doing on 11/17? Best of luck with your prep and keep us posted.

Thank you ! Yep - the ole "re-bound" Monster has bit me before, but, got my FOCUS in check hardcore and rockin on in to the next show. Going to West Virginia for the WV State and Mid Atlantic Grand Prix Championships.

Update for today:
Did notice so far today I'm a bit more alert going into lunch hour - I have a desk job that at times leaves me quite SLEEPY - haven't had that today.... have been focussed and even energy, no jitters or feeling mega stimmed..... this is sort of critical for me as well at this point in the game with back to back comps and the diet begins to take it toll on you mental clarity...LOL

Yesterday PM dose (w/food) didn't seem to have much of an effect - BUT - I was alert and had even energy remainder of day and on in to gym time...SO - coming from a Stim junkie - I'd say this is more of an "even steady" effect on me vs the jacked up feeling I've gotten from other supps.

Lil puffy yesterday PM - BUT - side effects from my after show carbing up and coming down from that - so, all that being said - I think all is still right on track.

This morning - as above - took on empty with my CO before Cardio - woke up a smidge froggy and feeling slightly congested (PRAYING not getting a cold right now! NO!!).... same as yesterday - once up and moving, about 10 min in to Cardio warmup - got a really good AWAKE feeling and actually nailed 10 rounds of HIIT....which I usually begin to fizzle on in the AM around #7-8..... didn't happen this morning and if time would have allowed - "felt" like I could have done a few more....so that is NEW.

Today second dose, gonna follow a tip and take without food maybe an hour before lunch and see how goes..........

Yeah, I was surprised to find how many people take stims WITH food. I'd def go with the empty stomach approach. I like knowing that if it gets me too shaky (rarely), I can always eat something to balance me out. Have fun!

Yeah, I was surprised to find how many people take stims WITH food. I'd def go with the empty stomach approach. I like knowing that if it gets me too shaky (rarely), I can always eat something to balance me out. Have fun!

This! I'm eating 8 meals a day right now. If I do that every 2 hours that leaves 8 hours left for sleep. Not much time in there to take Pyro on an empty stomach. I definitely took it with food a couple times already and didn't get much out of it. Took it today on an empty stomach before my pre-workout meal and had GREAT results.

OK - day three and I've got a freakin head cold...@)$*@#)$*#$)*#$ !! BAD TIMING! Hit Back and delts hard and heavy last night - FANTASTIC workout and sustained energy entirely throughout! This part stokes me BIG time just coming off a show and heading in to a second - this was one of my fears with being depleted and being able to sustain between - although this stupid cold is rearing its ugly head.

Tonight is off night for training - so pushing extra H2o today, gonna try to crash extra early for some extra rest and HOPE this darn thing clears soon.

AM - repeat of yesterday - 1 tab on empty with my CO - 10 rounds of HIIT with ZERO issue and again - felt like I had some energy to spare less the head being clogged up!

Yesterday PM and today took second tab on "E" and noticed a bit of a warming effect and an even greater alertness - so, THANKS again for the tip! I feel like I'm eating 24/7 these days and hadn't occured to me to space the second dose away from food a bit.

Have noticed an increase in alertness (boring desk job!!) and focus - which is key as well this far into a second prep round!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL:cool:

Just mentioned this on Rx, but for the people that dont know...DMAA=decongestant! Helps me with my stupid allergies.

This stuff is better and better the more empty my stomach is for sure. I thought I was going to melt away while I was on the stair climber yesterday ;)

OK - Tuesday Oct 30 Update -

As expected was coming on - MEGA bug set in Friday night and much of Saturday which glued me to the couch..... Slept off and on most of Saturday.... in hindsight, definitely had a bug, but also just may have needed some additional rest and down time that I didn't allow coming off of last comp. 10/20.... ?? Sort of a difficult balance right now allowing myself adequate rest with another comp on 11/17 I'm prepping for ..... fears of keeping the BF down and finding the RIGHT balance to keep training up without losing any muscle right now............. finding the right nutrtional balance...etc...etc...

Anyway - Got up Sunday feeling a smidge foggy but after moving around a bit and a hot shower opened my head up felt pretty darn good -

Have kept the regimine of 1 tab on empty AM (although I missed Saturday) and 1 PM about an hour before lunch.....

Sunday workout turned into an awesome day - Strength was up, endurance was awesome, and focus was fantastic - hit Chest heavy via Low Incline DB presses, Mid Incline, followed by 4 sets of 12 deep dips for a good burnout....

Followed that with some pretty intense legs - this is my area I need to bring up in the offseason and trying out/researching best methods for growth - Hams and Glutes are pretty good - Quads - (#&$)#$ !! I can get good definition and seperation - BUT, I have long legs and it seems my quads just won't pack on much..... sooooooo..... starting to leave my prior training of the heavy weight 10-12rr X 4 sets of whatever.... and gear more towards a dropping the weight down a bit and hitting a higher rr and increase the volume.... see where it takes me.... really need to get this plan squared away and solid for offseason growth - but, in test of that -

Hit Leg Exts X 4 X 25
Hacks X 4 X 25
Wtd Bench step ups X 4 X 15 (was hoping for 20-25rr - but I was toast and a hobbling mess for a few after that)...LOL Considering I'm dieted down and had been sick - not quite the high end for volume - but, pretty pleased with what I did get in and got some DOMS rocking yesterday and today..... Thanks to friend on diff forum for your input on this and giving me some great input! Learning all I can for offseason and coming back BBB for 2013 Comp season!!!

Also - have dropped my HIIT down to steady state for 30min in AM - last week HIIT sessions were an effort to counter my mega weekend carb glutony post show - now, just need to keep numbers steady and RETAIN muscle mass.... till next show.

All that being said - what I'm noticing is retaining the tightness of comp, BF check is this Saturday - so stay tuned on that...., my focus and energy are very even and mood is good.... As I stated earlier - I'm not noting any real stim effect personally but a more even steady energy level, clear focus and alertness, and solid endurance. THUMBS UP to that at this stage of round two in prep!!!

DMAA - ? Never tried - got a good brand or company you prefer??

"DMAA - ? Never tried - got a good brand or company you prefer??"

You're on it, haha! 1,3-dimethylamylamine = DMAA

pyro-facts-300x216.jpg

"DMAA - ? Never tried - got a good brand or company you prefer??"

You're on it, haha! 1,3-dimethylamylamine = DMAA

pyro-facts-300x216.jpg

LMAO! Well alrighty then!! I've been SCHOOLED!! LOL Thanks for clearing that up! Who knows - maybe helped me cruise on through the cold I had? Still "slight" hanging on - but definitely on it's way out and mega-mega better!!

LMAO! Well alrighty then!! I've been SCHOOLED!! LOL Thanks for clearing that up! Who knows - maybe helped me cruise on through the cold I had? Still "slight" hanging on - but definitely on it's way out and mega-mega better!!

:D

Friday update:

Check in tomorrow with my team coach - so, this will nail in some facts that will dictate my next two weeks going into next competition.... general impression at this point is my numbers have nut fluxed much (which is the goal.... coming off of one show and rolling into a second - MAINTAIN!)...have been a bit flat this week...but, that will pop with some carb manipulation as we roll into to peak week here soon...so no worries there.

Training last night was FANTASTIC -
Endurance, Strength, Focus all above average at this stage of the game....so and although still a bit stuffy from "whatever" is hanging on to me - ENERGY is GREAT!

Hit Back, Delts, and Quads last night - all of which said "Good Morning" to me this morning...LOL....so - JOB DONE!!

Cardio is SS now @ 30min AM Fasted - still doing 2 tabs p/d - 1 AM on empty with my CO and off to cardio.....PM is an hour prior to lunch..... Do not get the "jacked up" feeling that I have with some of my Stim bad habbits - but, this is moreso the "awake" and clear/energized all day feeling - carries me right into PM training which is HUGE for me right now - so very happy with that !!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND ALL!! Check in tomorrow - will update results!

TWO WEEKS TO GO TO WV!!!

Check in was Saturday as I had mentioned - BF sitting at 6% post show and two weeks out from WV Comp.... I'm a HAPPY CAMPER with that! We brought the carbs up a smidge due to me being a little flat....gonna fill me up a bit and re-check this coming Saturday so we know what we are doing for Peak Weak - Lordy - that's NEXT week already!! LOL Here we go again!! Woot--Woot! I'm either mega dialing myself in or a glutten for punishment.....or just flat our CRAZY.... Probably a bit of all!

I'm feeling completely 100% - cold is gone.... still a bit amazed how great my strength and endurance has held out this prep! I can count on one hand the number of days that something was just off and strength and/or endurance fizzled - I have kept ALL strength this prep - normally I begin to dip at about 2 weeks out and mentally AND physically it becomes a struggle - NOT this time what so ever!! Fortunately - I have mega OCD with documenting everything - so, I KNOW exactly what we did this round!!!!

We have been discussing my 2013 plans and we'll see how this WV show goes - but, it has been reccomended that I shoot for Nationals .... "gulp"....LOL I was absolutely starting to lay out my offseason plan and thoughts of what direction I was going with things - this was not on my radar and now has been strongly suggested.............. stay tuned ........ get WV under my lifting belt (lol)... I will give it some SERIOUS consideraton.

I'm sticking to my 1 AM and 1 pre-Lunch tab --- slight change to cardio - we are ramping up slightly again and going to hit 5 days - AM will remain SS and we are throwing in 3 days of PM HIIT for 20min just to keep things nice and tight pre- peak week.....

Thats where we are for today - all right on target - no major issues or adjustments to make -just rinse and repeat and come in STRONG and TIGHT!

Have an AWESOME week ~ will report back here in a couple!!

I just ordered some Pyron cant wait to see how it works

I just ordered some Pyron cant wait to see how it works

I'm a bit of a stim junkie - so, not real "sensitive" - I have found, which you can see in my journal - this is a more even all day AWAKE/ALERT effect - has been ALL GOOD for me and helping me get through a second round of prep very solid and capable of getting the job done in the gym! ZERO crashing that sometimes comes with the heavy Stims.

Good Luck!!

Lorrie

Friday 11/9 - EIGHT days to go!!

Not much to update - good week all around. Training and nutrition spot on....ZERO issues outside of for the FIRST time strength dipped "slightly" last night during delts..... BUT, nothing earth shattering and considering I'm nose deep in round 2 show prep - sure this is nothing to get concerned about. Next Friday this time will be on road to WV.

Still a smidge flat, but check in again tomorrow for final check and peak week plan - so, thinking a few more carbs might be necessary than last peak week?

Energy is still running smooth and even - day starts at 4AM - ends around 10PM - so KUDOS X 10 for what Pyro has allowed me to maintain with energy, endurance, work, training, etc..etc...

Believe BF will be same as last week or at least VERY close...so again, got that extra I was hoping for when I started and "maintaining" up to next show. Granted, all components of diet and training have to be considered - but, cravings and "severe" hunger have been held at bay as well with this supp!

HUGE THUMBS UP!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend ~ PEAK WEEK STRAIGHT AHEAD AND READY TO ROCK ONE MORE TIME!!!

I'm a bit of a stim junkie - so, not real "sensitive" - I have found, which you can see in my journal - this is a more even all day AWAKE/ALERT effect - has been ALL GOOD for me and helping me get through a second round of prep very solid and capable of getting the job done in the gym! ZERO crashing that sometimes comes with the heavy Stims.

Good Luck!!

Lorrie

I think that is the way that hordenine works synergistically with caffeine. I like DMAA because unlike caffeine, I can quit it cold turkey with no headache/fatigue.

Back