• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Phil Heath Officially Not Competing at 2019 Olympia

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Phil Heath Officially Not Competing at 2019 Olympia

Phil Heath Gives His Official Decision About Competing at 2019 Mr. Olympia.

Phil Heath Will NOT Compete at 2019 Mr. Olympia
The biggest unanswered question heading into the 2019 Mr. Olympia, was whether or not multiple-time Olympia winner Phil Heath will be competing at this year’s event. However, a week away from the big show, that question has been answered.

Initially, it was a no-brainer that Heath would be taking this year off of competition. His seven-year streak of winning the Olympia was broken last year by Shawn Rhoden. Subsequently, Heath announced that he would take this year off. However, news then broke that Rhoden would be unable to compete this year. Following that, people began speculating as to whether or not Phil will make a surprise appearance…

Those speculations began blossoming more as the event approached. This was a result of Phil Heath’s social media activity, which showed him in the gym, looking massive, and like he was preparing for competition. Additionally, Heath had not officially stated that he would not be competing at the Olympia.

However, that all changed with a week left before the big show. In an interview with Muscular Development, Phil Heath has officially announced that he will not be competing at 2019, Mr. Olympia. The full interview will come out in October. However, this quote from Heath was shared, via a video on MD’s YouTube channel:

“I am thankful to finally announce that I am not competing at this year’s 2019 Mr. Olympia contest.

As many people have known me throughout my career to compete at the sports biggest event, I will be sitting this one out. as I continue to work on other projects, inside and outside of bodybuilding.

I haven’t stopped training, as bodybuilding is something I extremely enjoy doing, but at this point in time, I have chosen to bypass this year’s event.”

That seems to answer any lingering questions about his intent to compete.

Nevertheless, even if Phil Heath is out of the 2019 Mr. Olympia, the event will be exciting anyway. Athletes like William Bonac and Brandon Curry have been showing how motivated they are. Although it is still disappointing that Heath will not be making a surprise appearance.

https://youtu.be/nJ7InUrBtRY

Back