• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Phil Heath considered retiring from competitive bodybuilding

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Phil Heath considered retiring from competitive bodybuilding

In a recent interview with Muscular Development’s Ron Harris, 7X Mr. Olympia Phil Heath revealed many interesting facts about his time away from the competition stage.

Phil Heath will be fighting for his eighth Mr. Olympia title this December after taking a year off.

After losing to Shawn Rhoden in 2018, Phil Heath had to have major surgery immediately after the competition.

Due to his surgery, Phil was forced to take six months off from training.

After living the life as a ‘civilian’ for six months, Phil Heath confirmed during the interview that he actually considered retiring from the sport of bodybuilding as a competitor.

The comment of retirement shocked Ron Harris.

In 2019, Phil Heath did not even attend the Mr. Olympia. He preferred to experience watching the event from home.

After having the time to reflect on his life and what opportunities he has, Phil Heath decided that he will go for his eighth Mr. Olympia title.

Phil stated that he would not have made a return if he did not believe that he can win the title back.

In regards to all the criticism about his mid-section, Phil answered his critics “(Coach Hany Rambod and I) both know what everybody is going to be looking at, and it’s f–king hilarious” Heath said, referring to his midsection. “I think it’s hilarious and I say this to everyone watching the show, whether they are a judge, fan, or whatever. When you put that much emphasis on that one thing, I pray that everybody keeps the same energy on every other body part on every other athlete. That’s all I ask, because I think that’s fair.

“I feel like I’m obviously going to be in great condition,” Heath continued. “Everything is going to be where I need it to be. Otherwise I would have never came back. That just doesn’t make sense. I’m a pretty smart dude, if I still had injuries…I think a lot of people fail to realize that I had an injury. They’re just like ‘Oh he was bloated.’ It’s like, I was actually injured.”

https://youtu.be/r9Up5P5cwfc

Back