• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

DHT blocking shampoo

RoadstarPete

Registered
Reaction score
I cannot find n2 shampoo anywhere. I am looking at getting some nizoral but heard it can be harsh on the scalp. Anyone have input on this?

I went to my doc and got a prescription for ketoconazole 2% shampoo for my scalp. This is just the generic name for Nizoral. You can buy Nizoral OTC though in the 1% strength and no, neither are harsh on the scalp. I have a dry scalp naturally and dry skin in general, and it actually improves my scalp. Just lather it in your hair and rub into your scalp in circular motions for about 1-2 minutes, then wash your body, etc, and rinse it out as the very last thing you do when you get out of the shower. The longer it stays on, the better. 1mg finasteride will help a lot as well, these 2 make a great combo.

I looked at that exact listing a while back. I saw some negative reviews that said it was a watered down version and it was garbage. I also saw plenty of great reviews as well. Kinda made me steer clear of it but since you have it now please let me know what you think. Its ingredients are very similar to the n2 shampoo which was great.

^^Stay away from Dutasteride (and finasteride as well, tho few people seem to report positive effects; I wouldn't risk it)... google "Sexual disfunction dutasteride," just good lookin out, DHT is more important than you may know... tho blocking it at the scalp (with shampoos and such) seems fairly safe.

I use 1mg finasteride daily and it does work, and my wife definitely does not complain lol, it's only 1mg. It's the 5mg dose that hurts the libido and lowers dht way too much. finasteride is almost only in the scalp/hair follicles. one is for the prostate and the other is for the scalp/hair. 1mg finasteride daily will yield results and no side effects.

Sorry to revamp an old thread, but I feel I have some valuable input. Nizoral OTC 1% is not really harsh at all. In fact I think its best anti dandruff shampoo on the market. I'm sure you know this, but its been shown to regrow hair(I think in rats). If you do have problems it only requires twice a week from what I read. I use two of the big three myself. Nizoral and Minoxidil. I use Kirlands brand because its the cheapest. I avoid the pills because of some of the crazy side affects reported, plus I get results from just two. I started with just Nizoral and then added Minoxidil. Between the two you should be able to at least fight the hairloss that you have. I've also read that Nizoral is a good anti inflammatory and helps the folocules get blood.

Adreno,
do you use both of these at the same time? And does/do they work?

Spiro has been used since I began the forums in the mid to late 1990's and many people have said it works.

I use Nizoral 2%. You can buy it for very cheap on ebay, $10-15 bucks a bottle. It ships in less then 2 weeks usually from Thailand. You can get it from Canadian pharmacies but its usually double the price and same t/a.

When you apply it, let it sit on for about 5 minutes prior to rinsing.

Also, Nizoral 2% works at eliminating acne. Apply it to moist skin where you have body acne and let it sit for 10minutes. Rinse. Repeat 1-2x daily. It works wonders..this is an old bodybuilding trick as well. The only downside to this is alot of people, myself included saw increases in hair growth at the applied area. So if you have acne on your chest, and use this method, it is very possible you will see increased chest hair growth.

Nizoral is GTG, no sides.

Back