• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

New to IML

Shiv

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks for what seems to be a great site with some intelligent folks! A bit about myself: 36, 6' 230 and been lifting for the past 15 years. Made some great gains over the years, haven't tried the PH route, but have tried the "other" stuff. Lots to read but so far the osta seems like a pretty solid start. Looking to get my strength back up with lean bulk. Gonna read up some some more of this stuff. Any tips or advice it appreciated. Also, had a quick question regarding lipid control, any thoughts on statins for better control? Thanks all, great site and excited for a good run!

Hey! Welcome to the boards. Always nice to see new faces coming here. I don't know about statin, but I just wanted to pop in and say hello and welcome.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I take fenofibrate 145 MG once a day. It agrees with my system the best. It's pretty much a trial-and-error. If you don't like the one you're on (because of sides or bloodwork), have him switch it up until you find one you like.

Welcome, Shiv! No experience with statins, but plenty with Osta....you'll love it! :D

Welcome, Shiv! No experience with statins, but plenty with Osta....you'll love it! :D

Sounds great man! Glad to see another virginia beach native here. FW Cox '94!!

Welcome to IML!

I would seriously change my diet and training before using statins.

I am sorry, I asked it the wrong way. What I meant was as a way to better control lipids while on cycle. Or, are the "all-inclusive" items like Advanced Cycle Support the way to go?

Unless u already had a screwed up lipid profile that ur trying to address that hasn't been solved with correct nutrition I would say its safe to say that u don't need the statin. Then again I'm not a doctor. It's common for people on ph/ds cycles to have elevated lipid profiles. Elevated is not the same as bad, keep it within range and ur golden

I am sorry, I asked it the wrong way. What I meant was as a way to better control lipids while on cycle. Or, are the "all-inclusive" items like Advanced Cycle Support the way to go?

Omega 3 fish oils, Fiber and plant sterols are natural ways to improve your LDL to HDL ratio. Most guys need about 20-25 grams of fiber daily to reduce LDL. Obviously you need to avoid all bad fats in your diet and only use healthy fats. Just 3-4 sessions of cardio weekly is also very helpful. Here is what I use every day;

Advanced Cycle Support
Cholestoff
Fiberous veggies most meals and fiber sups right before bed
2 grams of Omega 3 fish oil. (must be omega 3 from fish)

I have had my lipids checked after eating clean for a week and using these sups and my LDL was 65.

Thanks for all the tips guys, all very good advice! Now I have to make a decision and pull the trigger. Bouncing between Halo Extreme stack or Osta RX.

Halo :) lol. Halo! Halo! . And then osta starting week 7 .. do halo for 6 weeks. 75mg is its sweet spot

Lol I was just reading a thread mentioning that!! So many good options. Cyano looks great for leaning out.

Lol I was just reading a thread mentioning that!! So many good options. Cyano looks great for leaning out.
Indeed it is, it's also simply excellent for strength!

After reading some of the threads, I think I will start with the cyano. I will lay out the cycle and see what you guys think. Excited to get the order in!

After reading some of the threads, I think I will start with the cyano. I will lay out the cycle and see what you guys think. Excited to get the order in!
Cyanostane's my fav!

Back