• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Chicken Legs

Teknik

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of chicken legs? I've progressed pretty well from say, my hips to my knees. I actually had a couple pairs of jeans get tight on me recently. But from the knees down I've got nothing going on.

I work out at home so I'm a bit limited with what I can do. I am however, pretty crafty and can build some shit and weld. I was kicking around the idea of building a seated calf raise machine, but i may be selling my house pretty soon and I don't want to build it then have to move it. I'm holding a bar on my shoulders right now for squats, and that doesn't seem very optimal.

Any thoughts?

Are you doing anything specific for calves now? I've found giving a nice 1 second pause at the end of the muscle contraction, whatever exercise you're doing, helps with the calves a lot. Maybe go for higher reps as well. They're such an isolated muscle you're really going to need to work them with some decent volume to get any visible growth out of them.

I'm doing standing calf raises with squat bar. By "on your shoulders" i mean that I just basically walk into my squat rack and hold the bar like I normally would for squats. I feel like if i stand on a board or something so that I can drop down further I become unstable.

I forgot that jumping rope used to kill my legs. I used to be really good at it from warming up before my muay thai classes.

Try walking around on your tippy toes as much as possible. You will feel your calves burn. Also, if you have steps in your house stand with your toes on the lower step and do body weight calf raises. Do as many as you can almost everyday. If you have to do hundreds of them to get fatigued, hold dumbbells while doing it. You can also do donkey calf raises with your girlfriend/wife on your back.

I have chicken legs, and a lot of it is genetics. A buddy of mine does male physique and no matter how hard he trains, he just can't get his calves to budge. However I have found that insanely high reps do help. Try training calves twice a week and doing sets of 25-50 reps. Really get the burn going. I feel your pain bro.....

If you have limited equipment with limited resistance, I'd try out the DC calf training protocol. 1 set of 12-20 reps with a 5 second negetive and a 10-15 second pause at the bottom of the stretch.

Well,According to me that running and swimming is the best work for keep fitness
of the body and leg fitness so i like this work for fitness of the legs and reduce
for the extra body fat....

Same problem,but within the last 8 years I'm finally happy with my quads,hams an calves don't think I will ever be,but there ok....genetics is the key for legs ....my best advice from experience,squat an deadlift every week ,alternate front squats an back squats week to week ,do hacks presses weekly,all reps for heavy weight an kill it!...an throw in weighted wall chairs in after ever leg workout

I use a steep incline on my treadmill on my cardio days to get a good burn to my calves.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Fitness training is the solution for a number of problems. It is a solution for obesity, health problems, proper training techniques, body building and a number of other issues. For me swimming and some stretching workouts are best, they give me strenght and flexibility. [/FONT]

Try this for awhile.
Work up to two heavy sets of 6 on squats
Then do 2-3 sets of high bar close stance pause squats. I'm talking super deep ass to grass squats.
Then 50 reps straight leg press.
Finish with calves 2 x failure with a good weight

Back