• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Training On Cycle And During PCT

Tuna

Registered
Reaction score
How should one train during a cycle and during PCT for optimal gains?

How should one train during a cycle and during PCT for optimal gains?

That question is almost impossible to answer. Depends what cycle your doing? What your goals are? How long you have been training? How your body responds to training?

Everyone is different but hopefully by the time you decide to do a cycle you have enough experience to know what is best for you. I have tried all kinds of training techniques over the years and found through trial and error what works best for me.

In general my recovery is a little better during cycle so I can go a little harder with more volume and still recover. Personally I do not like to have a deload right after cycle. So I plan my training out so that does not happen.

That question is almost impossible to answer. Depends what cycle your doing? What your goals are? How long you have been training? How your body responds to training?

Everyone is different but hopefully by the time you decide to do a cycle you have enough experience to know what is best for you. I have tried all kinds of training techniques over the years and found through trial and error what works best for me.

In general my recovery is a little better during cycle so I can go a little harder with more volume and still recover. Personally I do not like to have a deload right after cycle. So I plan my training out so that does not happen.

I apologize, I left the question somewhat open so as to encourage various opinions. I know see that it would have been better to have a specific training goal(s).

I personally am looking to increase size and strength, but I find that I either push myself too hard during my cycle, or I don't feel like i'm pushing myself enough... I have also read somewhere that ON cycle should consist of high volume and sets should NOT be taken to failure, and that PCT should be HIT (few sets, all taken to failure) so I was curious to see others opinions on how to train ON cycle and during PCT.

-Thanks for your well-written reply; I appreciate it :)

I know what your talking about. I ran a 4 week cycle of sdmz last November. I went way to hard on my workouts the first two weeks. I had to cut back on them the third week to get back on track with recovery. I think it is all just trial and error figuring out how much your body can handle. But I like to err on the side of doing to much versus doing to little. My last cycle was 6 weeks on Halo at 3 a day. I think I hit my training spot on for that one.

I am 49 years old been lifting since I was 18 but only year round for the last 8 years. I am currently two weeks into a 6 week cycle of epi andro stacking it with epi tren the last four weeks of cycle. Today is my first day of the epi tren.

Hit it hard and keep making progress.

Back