• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Advice on first time user

getbig2013

Registered
Reaction score
I am cutting at about 1700 calories. If i decided to run my halo stack would i lose all the gains i made after the cycle was over due too the low cals or would it stay on since im getting all my macros. Kind of trying to do a recomp.

I am cutting at about 1700 calories. If i decided to run my halo stack would i lose all the gains i made after the cycle was over due too the low cals or would it stay on since im getting all my macros. Kind of trying to do a recomp.
It depends on what you're caloric needs are. If you need 2700 calories to maintain you weight, and you're currently consuming only 1700, then even on a cycle, you will NOT build any muscle mass. You have to have an adequate number of calories, ie > your caloric basal requirement to build muscle. To lose fat you need to eat at baseline or lower.

Recomps are VERY slow, they do not happen quickly as it is very difficult to gain muscle whilst burning fat.

Halo may help you keep what muscle you already have while cutting, but not gain any new muscle. What are your maintenance cals?

I weight 202 and am 5'10. I looked it up and I need 3200cals too maintain my weight. I just started lifting again for the past 3 months after two years of nothing and even being on a drastic cut my noobie gains are still showing.

For example bench press max went up 70 lbs since I started lifting again.

I weight 202 and am 5'10. I looked it up and I need 3200cals too maintain my weight. I just started lifting again for the past 3 months after two years of nothing and even being on a drastic cut my noobie gains are still showing.

For example bench press max went up 70 lbs since I started lifting again.
Nice! Granted, fat loss will reveal the underlying muscle, and there is muscle memory to consider. But either way, sounds like you're doing great. Just something to consider: I usually have clients cut 500 cals from maintenance, while running an anabolic...plenty of fat loss and nice muscle revealed...but whatever works for you!

Back