• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

full body vs split

seanie1987

Registered
Reaction score
hey guys age old question body part routines vs full body, would like to hear peoples opinions, questions and results etc...
workout routine sets reps strength vs hypertrophy.

I myself have done both with good results, i usually do a split super set routine that looks like this:

Chest and back: 3 exercises 5 sets trying for 12 reps
Arms,legs, abs: same as above going slightly higher in the rep range
off
shoulders and back
legs,arms abs
Day two focus on arms more than legs where as day 5 focus is legs more than arms
This is done for 6 weeks and then i shift to 5 weeks heavy lift pyramid sets working from a 12 rep warm up set up to a 3 to 5 rep max and going to absolute failure on final set ( spotter)
After this i then drop the training to every other day full body 3 weeks hypertrophy 3 weeks heavy not going to failure keep one or two in the tank
this really recharges the batteries while getting your body used to alot of work, its hard to keep stricked on full body but when your back to split routines endurance is great and its a very good way to kick off a cycle and get big and strong, anyway this is what i like to do, whats everyone else up to, and how do you feel your body reacts to the training you do or have tried, full body or split.

hey guys age old question body part routines vs full body, would like to hear peoples opinions, questions and results etc...
workout routine sets reps strength vs hypertrophy.

I myself have done both with good results, i usually do a split super set routine that looks like this:

Chest and back: 3 exercises 5 sets trying for 12 reps
Arms,legs, abs: same as above going slightly higher in the rep range
off
shoulders and back
legs,arms abs
Day two focus on arms more than legs where as day 5 focus is legs more than arms
This is done for 6 weeks and then i shift to 5 weeks heavy lift pyramid sets working from a 12 rep warm up set up to a 3 to 5 rep max and going to absolute failure on final set ( spotter)
After this i then drop the training to every other day full body 3 weeks hypertrophy 3 weeks heavy not going to failure keep one or two in the tank
this really recharges the batteries while getting your body used to alot of work, its hard to keep stricked on full body but when your back to split routines endurance is great and its a very good way to kick off a cycle and get big and strong, anyway this is what i like to do, whats everyone else up to, and how do you feel your body reacts to the training you do or have tried, full body or split.

I feel both ways are good. Doing something is always more beneficial than doing nothing. I have done both and in my experience full body is great for all around being in shape but I like working individual muscles when I really want to grow. Full body is hard to really focus on certain muscles because u will burn out other muscles in the process. I like a good ole fashion 6 day routine but I also listen to my body and when it needs a break, I give it one. I personally like to go high reps/low weights for about a week and then switch to low rep/high weight. I keep my body guessing that way and sometimes I even do it in the same workout. I also like to do my warm up on the treadmill or eliptical and then hit weights and then go back to cardio. Everyone is going to experience different results with different routines. What works with some doesn't work for all. There really isn't a blue print for it. People try to make it like that but in the end u just gotta experiment and listen to ur body. Ur body will tell u everything u need to know but sometimes u gotta push ur body past its limits even if doesn't want too. Just my opinion.

Back