• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Docdoom's EpiAndro log for IML!

docdoom77

Registered
Reaction score
I'm posting this log here and here: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/online-journals/189819-docdooms-epiandro-log-iml.html#post3174458

I just got two free bottles of EpiAndro from IML so I could run this log. There will be random vlogs inserted and at the end I'll do a review on youtube, which I'll post here.

I'm currently at 188 pounds (5'11"). I'll also be reposting my workout log entries from this log http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/online-journals/167826-starting-log-getting-shape.html

I've been training for nearly a 2 years. I started out at nearly 250 lbs of fat with very little muscle. I've worked hard to drop fat and gain muscle, but I never did flatten out my belly. Over the last 6 to 9 months, there have been some ups and downs. I've been leaner than I am now, but I'm carrying more muscle. My goal is to get back on track and try to flatten out this belly. To that end I've cleaned up my diet (which had slowly eroded to a healthy, but non-productive for advanced weight loss state). I eat between 1800 and 2100 calories per day (the higher counts on training days). I get about 200 grams of protein per day and I keep my carbs below 100 grams (~30 grams of fiber); the rest comes from fats. I'll post a sample day later in the log. I just measured my waist (at the belly button for ease of reference later) and it's at 36 inches.

Here are a few quick pics (I'll add some more later today, when I can get my gf to hold the camera)

1zdqhoi.jpg

2zf4rpj.jpg

I'm definitely looking softer and rounder than I was 6 months ago and I hope the EpiAndro will help me on my way to lean out.

Here is a short Vlog intro:

Triceps today. I'm going to try lying dumbbell extensions for less strain on my shoulders. Also, I just started my EpiAndro cycle yesterday. Obviously, it hasn't worked it's way into my system yet, but I'll keep you apprised.

Skull Crushers 35 lbs x13,
@ 30 x12, x12, x10 Nice. Same overall reps, but more weight on the first set.

Lying DB extensions (vertical grip) 30 lbs (2x 15 lbs) x14, x11, x8 Eh. I don't like these. I'll do some more research and see what I come up with. My damn shoulder is limiting my options, I may have to go back to close grip bench. We'll see

Bench Dips (25 lbs weight in lap) x21, x19 Tried to get a good stretch and take it slow, but it still hurts my shoulders.. but not badly. I'm gonna stick with these for awhile.

Pretty good. I'm gonna do a single set of low-resistance cable push downs to finish off. I'll be back for biceps in a bit.

I forgot to say, I'll be taking 3 caps a day which should give me a 6 week cycle.

Here are the pics of my back and leg:

2m500ma.jpg

29ntd7p.jpg

2n1xkp4.jpg

On a typical day, my meals look like this (you'll notice a high frequency of "snack-size" meals; I'm hypoglycemic and need constant nutrients):

5am Half a Scoop of Whey isolate (15g protein)

5:30am one egg; half a cup egg whites; whole grain tortilla (these are pretty great: 100 calories 7g fiber, 8g protein) with a little taco sauce.

6:30 Half a scoop of whey isolate (workout days only)

8:00am half an ounce of almonds and half an ounce of roasted edameme beans

10:00am just over half a cup of greek yogurt with a 1/3 cup of berries and some stevia

Noon: Salad - Spring mix, a pinch of cheddar, a teaspoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar with a can of albacore tuna (or some leftover chicken breast; or canned chicken)

3pm: 1 to 1.5 cups of Broccoli or Green Beans and half a cup of cottage cheese

4:15pm: 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (I like Krema) and a few sticks of celery

5:45pm: 6-8 ounces chicken breast (or some fish; or a 50/50 mix of ground beef/turkey) and veggies (broccoli or green beans or asparagus)

6:30pm: 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter and 1/2 teaspoon of Polander fiber jelly (this is dessert)

8pm: half a cup of cottage cheese

and that's about typical; except Saturdays when I eat pretty much what I want, but make sure to get plenty of protein.

Good luck bro!

Triceps today. I'm going to try lying dumbbell extensions for less strain on my shoulders. Also, I just started my EpiAndro cycle yesterday. Obviously, it hasn't worked it's way into my system yet, but I'll keep you apprised.

Skull Crushers 35 lbs x13,
@ 30 x12, x12, x10 Nice. Same overall reps, but more weight on the first set.

Lying DB extensions (vertical grip) 30 lbs (2x 15 lbs) x14, x11, x8 Eh. I don't like these. I'll do some more research and see what I come up with. My damn shoulder is limiting my options, I may have to go back to close grip bench. We'll see

Bench Dips (25 lbs weight in lap) x21, x19 Tried to get a good stretch and take it slow, but it still hurts my shoulders.. but not badly. I'm gonna stick with these for awhile.

Pretty good. I'm gonna do a single set of low-resistance cable push downs to finish off. I'll be back for biceps in a bit.

Quad day. I have a massive headache. I have no reason to believe it's related to the epiandro; I'm just prone to migraines and tension headaches. We'll keep an eye on it though.

Squats 145 lbs, x14

@135 lbs x12
@130 lbs x10
@120 lbs x9 Three more overall reps!

Sissy Squats x13, x11 Two more.

Leg extensions @ 75 lbs x16, x14

Still too early for the EpiAndro to be working, but I had great energy today, despite a splitting headache.

I'm also sweating more which is probably due to the pipperine. No sides as of yet. I know others have reported noticeable warmth after taking the Epiandro, but I haven't noticed that yet (I've taken a few supps with pipperine before, though, so I may just be used to it).

the triceps workout got double posted. Sorry for the confusion

Also, biceps, which came right after triceps got lost. Here it is:

Time for some biceps!

Chin ups x12, x8 Went very slow, cuz I couldn't stop swinging. So less reps, but good TuT

ez curls 50 lbs x14 5 up one
@45lbs x10 same
@40 lbs x10

Standing DB curls 40 lbs (2x 20) x13, x10, x9 Stopped alternating. I don't think it's a good idea to take the load off the muscle like that.

Standing hammer curls 40 lbs (2x 20) x10, x9 No alternating here either.

Pretty good. I'm gonna do some farmer's walks then be done for today.

I didn't feel anything yet, but I'm on day 2, so I don't expect to. I did sweat like a pig though and I don't usually sweat that much when working small body parts, so that could be the epiandro.

Hams and Calves

Stiff Legged Dead Lifts 175 lbs x15, x15, x14, x11 5 more lbs, same reps

Leg curls 50 lbs x13, x10 much better

Seated Calf raises 200 lbs x41, x24, x20 up 10 lbs only down one rep

Standing Single leg calf raise 50lbs x18 each, x14 up one

Very nice. I had great energy today and sweat like a pig. It was a good one, but I doubt there's enough EpiAndro in my system to account for it. Maybe just a good day. No sides yet, except perhaps some very vivid dreams; not really nightmares, but not good either. Can't be sure if that has anything to do with the cycle; also, I've been very tired right before bed (which is great, no struggling to get to sleep).

Good shit bro!!! Keep it up!!

On the sweating.. that may be the epi already. Early in the cycle I was literally SOAKED at the gym, probably the whole first week, sweating like a fucking pig! It was nuts.

Back Day!

Deadlifts 180 lbs x13, x12, x10 up 10 pounds same reps!

Shrugs 180 lbs x17, x15 Going to alternate front and behind on these each week.

Pull ups x11, x8, x6 up one

Yates rows 90 lbs x15
@ 85 x14, x13 up 5 lbs same reps!

Finished with a set of bodyweight rows with the lowered angled pullup bar.

A great workout! I had really good energy this morning. I could have kept going and going. I think the Epiandro is starting to make itself felt in my system; my strength was up a little, despite staying on diet.

No major sides. I have still been getting incredibly tired about an hour before bed time. Sometimes I can't keep my eyes open. I also continue to have vivid, sometimes disturbing dreams, but I think that's just because I'm getting nice, deep sleep. More a benefit than a side. Of course that means I'm still dead asleep when the alarm goes off, so it takes a minute to wake up, but I'm fine once I haul myself out of bed and walk around.

Thanks Tony!

chest day!

pushups x42 (+3 on knees)

BB Bench Press 115 lbs x14
@105 x10
@100 lbs x8
@90 lbs x9 better than the last time I did this workout

Incline bench 85 lbs x8 (accidentally set the incline higher than usual.. too much shoulder)
@80lbs x11 Kinda sucky, but that previous set screwed me up. stupid of me.

DB bench press 90 lbs (2x 45) x16, x11
@ 80lbs x12 those improved

DB pullovers 30 lbs x15, x14 5 more lbs and one more rep.

Except for the screw up in the middle that went well. Mostly improved and I got a great pump!

There is a 10 minute break between these two workouts

Standing BB Military Press 70 lbs x15
@ 65 x12
@ 60 lbs x11, x9 maybe slightly worse, but very close. That means improvement in the grand scheme though. Last week I did dumbbells for chest, this week I did barbells, and barbell bench pre-exhausts my front delts. So staying this close to last week is a good thing.

DB lateral raises 50 lbs (2x 25 lbs) x15, x14, x13 very nice.

Lying Reverse Flies 60 lbs (2x 30) x16, x14, x13 up one.

A good workout overall.

So, still no major sides. Still very tired at night, but the dreams are settling down a little. I had great energy today and I got an amazing pump after both workouts. I feel stronger. Considering that chest is by far my weakest body part and I've been struggling with strength loss on that body part since I cleaned up my diet, the improvements I saw were a welcome change that I can only attribute to the EpiAndro starting to do its job. This is day 8, so I'm not surprised to see some strength increase. Also, for the past two days I have looked and felt leaner. I'll take some pics later this week. I'm not sure if it's dramatic enough for you to see on camera, but I can definitely tell the difference.

Good stuff! I also experienced the extra sweating/body heat early in the cycle. Then again, I'm pretty much hot and pissed off year-round, so what do I know? :rolleyes: Keep up the good work, man!

Nice log.......keep at it...

Good stuff! I also experienced the extra sweating/body heat early in the cycle. Then again, I'm pretty much hot and pissed off year-round, so what do I know? :rolleyes: Keep up the good work, man!
LOL! Thanks

Skull Crushers 35 lbs x15
@ 30 x13, x12, x10 three more overall reps!

Bench Dips (25 lbs weight in lap) x22, x20, x15 That was killer on the wrists, but it felt great on my triceps

Dumbbell kickbacks 25 lbs x18
@ 30 lbs x15, x12

another great workout. General improvement on all exercises. I think I may stick with this routine for a while. I'll be back in a bit for biceps.

Took a 10 minute break between body parts.

Time for some biceps!

Chin ups x13, x9 took it very slow again but got two reps back!

ez curls 50 lbs x14
@45lbs x11
@40 lbs x11 two more reps overall!

Standing DB curls 40 lbs (2x 20) x14, x11, x10 up 3 reps, one on each set!

Standing hammer curls 40 lbs (2x 20) x12, x10 Up 3 reps!

A very good workout. Strength was good and energy was through the roof, letting me force out those extra reps. Gonna do some farmers walks and a few wrist curls then hit the shower.

So, this is day 9 and the Epiandro is definitely making itself felt. Strength was good, but it was the energy that really made the difference. I just felt like I could force out reps, where normally I wouldn't. Improvements in reps across the board. No new sides at all. Still very tired at night, but dreams are becoming less and less bothersome and it's getting easier to wake up in the morning. I've also noticed a slight increase in libido.

That's about it for today. I'll post some pics later this week.

Looks like its gonna be a solid log from your detail so far. I'm in for the ride. As for shoulder pain, I have a labral tear in my left shoulder and thus have to modify any kind of delt, pec and tricep routine around it. Makes it hard to get a good power movement in for triceps but I find the dumbell extensions on the decline puts less tension on my shoulder joint.

one dumbell in two hands? Two dumbells? I may want to try it and see how it works for me. Thanks!

Quad day. I have a massive headache. I have no reason to believe it's related to the epiandro; I'm just prone to migraines and tension headaches. We'll keep an eye on it though.

Squats 150 lbs, x14

@140 lbs x12
@130 lbs x10
@120 lbs x10 added 5 lbs to the first two sets, one more overall rep!

Sissy Squats x14, x12 Two more.

Leg extensions @ 80 lbs x15, x15 5 more lbs same reps

A really good workout. The EpiAndro gives me the energy and aggression I need to force out more reps. I just get a better workout, since it started kicking in. My quads are toast!

No update on sides; everything is the same.

I weighed myself; I've gone up a pound. So I measured my waist and it's 1/2 inch smaller! That's awesome.

awesome log, keep it up buddy!

Hams and Calves

Stiff Legged Dead Lifts 180 lbs x15, x15, x14, x12 5 more lbs, one more rep. Grip was becoming an issue.

Leg curls 50 lbs x15, x11 three more reps!

Seated Calf raises 200 lbs x44, x25, x21 up 5 reps

Another great workout; improvement on every exercise.

Diet is still on point, but I keep getting stronger. I just don't see this kind of progress on a calorie deficit. The EpiAndro is kicking in strong. Still no sides to speak of. I'm even less groggy and night and in the mornings.

Hams and Calves

Stiff Legged Dead Lifts 180 lbs x15, x15, x14, x12 5 more lbs, one more rep. Grip was becoming an issue.

Leg curls 50 lbs x15, x11 three more reps!

Seated Calf raises 200 lbs x44, x25, x21 up 5 reps

Another great workout; improvement on every exercise.

Diet is still on point, but I keep getting stronger. I just don't see this kind of progress on a calorie deficit. The EpiAndro is kicking in strong. Still no sides to speak of. I'm even less groggy and night and in the mornings.
Sounds like it's in full effect now!

one dumbell in two hands? Two dumbells? I may want to try it and see how it works for me.

You could do either. I prefer to do both arms together. And you may have to play with the positioning of your elbows to find that sweat spot where it won't bother you. I position mine slightly closer to my waist and give a little more of a pressing element to the movement.

Back Day!

Deadlifts 185 lbs x13, x12, x10 up 5 pounds same reps!

behind the back Shrugs 185 lbs x16, x13 not bad

Pull ups x12, x8, x7 up two

Yates rows 95 lbs x15
@ 90 x14, x13 up 5 lbs same reps!

Finished with a set of bodyweight rows with the lowered angled pullup bar.

Another awesome workout.

As we can see, I continue to improve thanks to the EpiAndro. Still no sides and the dreams are all but gone. Still get very tired at night, but, like I said, that makes it easier to get to sleep.

I flubbed on diet a little last night, though not too badly. I do seem to get stronger cravings on a PH cycle. I managed to not eat any of the delicious breakfasts they had at work today (including biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sausage, and all manner of delicious pastries).

I took a pic this morning, I'll upload it when I can get it off my phone and on to my computer.

@nsp... I'll give it a try this weekend, though my bench only declines to about 30 degrees, so it may not work.

No spotter, so it's a dumbbell day again.

pushups x42 (+3 on knees)

DB Bench Press 110 lbs x15
@100 x13
@90, x12, x11 Brought the weight up on the first set, lost a few reps... it kinda evened out. eh

Incline DB bench 80 lbs x16, x13, x11 up two

DB pullovers 30 lbs x17, x15, x14 alot more reps. Gonna gave to bring the weight up next week

Finished off with 15 slow pushups.

It started off "meh" but picked up and ended up being a very good workout. Sweating a lot and I have great pump in my chest. I'll be back in a bit for shoulders.

Took a 10 minute break between body parts.

Standing BB Military Press 70 lbs x14
@ 65 x12
@ 60 lbs x12, x10 One more overall rep

DB lateral raises 30 lbs (2x 15 lbs) x13, x11, x10 after some solid research and really checking out my form, I've been doing these pretty fucking badly. I'm starting over with a much lower weight and much better and stricter form.

Wide grip bent over bb rows 50 lbs x20
@60 x17
@70 x14 I'm trying these cuz my rear delts are lagging. I wanted something more 'solid.' Still playing with the weight. I think 75lbs for the first set next week.

Hard to measure, since I overhauled two out of three exercises, but energy was great and my shoulders are TIRED!

So, the numbers weren't spectacular, but I still showed a general trend toward improvement. Energy was great and I got a good pump. I felt good. If this is a 'bad' workout on Epiandro, then the shit works! Still no more sides to report and the sleeping and dreaming continue to normalize.

So here is the pic. Dunno how apparent it is, but I've definitely shrunk a bit in my midsection and my chest looks a little heavier and more defined. Things are going great!

w2evlg.jpg

Good work, man; you definitely look leaner!

Back