• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dymatize sold to Post Foods for $380 Million

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dymatize sold to Post Foods for $380 Million
by Anthony Roberts on Dec 9, 2013

Post Foods, who you probably just know as “Post”, have recently purchased Dymatize for $380MM. According to Post, Dymatize had net sales of $146 million and adjusted EBITDA of $23 million, for the nine months ended September 30, 2013. Dymatize makes…uhh…I have no idea. I don’t use it and I don’t know anybody who uses it. I’ve always looked at them similarly to Optimum Nutrition, i.e. a commodity (whey, aminos, etc…) firm with little innovation of interesting products. Post makes some vaguely healthy breakfast cereals like Grape Nuts (which contain neither grapes nor nuts) and Raisin Bran (which contains both raisins and bran) plus some shredded wheat based stuff. They also make Fruity Pebbles Xtreme (it’s pretty xtreme for a breakfast cereal featuring cartoon characters that nobody under 30 can identify).

maybe they will have a elite fruity pebbles..25g of bad protein and 100g of pure sugar...talk about getting swoll-up!!

Grape Nut Isolate for the silver sneakers crew. Get your fiber on.

Ok, enough Grape-nut bashing, lol. I have been eating them every morning for the last 6 weeks(im on a bulking cycle) because they are healthy and help me easily reach my consumption goals for my 1st meal of the day. One cup is equal to 16g protein, 88g carbs and with milk it's something like 520 cals. Those tasty little nuggets are nice and compact so that leaves plenty of room for 4 slices of turkey bacon, 4 eggs, 3 slices of daves killer bread topped with peanut butter and an apple. This is a good way to start the day when you need to take in 4500+ cals ed. VIVA LA GRAPE-NUTS!!!!

Ok, enough Grape-nut bashing, lol. I have been eating them every morning for the last 6 weeks(im on a bulking cycle) because they are healthy and help me easily reach my consumption goals for my 1st meal of the day. One cup is equal to 16g protein, 88g carbs and with milk it's something like 520 cals. Those tasty little nuggets are nice and compact so that leaves plenty of room for 4 slices of turkey bacon, 4 eggs, 3 slices of daves killer bread topped with peanut butter and an apple. This is a good way to start the day when you need to take in 4500+ cals ed. VIVA LA GRAPE-NUTS!!!!

Grape nuts are great, I always have them when I stay over at your grandmas house. Wait, what? I take that joke back.

I like the Flakes better than the nuggets... but regardless... this whole deal with POST is extremely.... odd.

I've noticed they've changed some of the ingredients in their elite XT since reading this. Wonder if its at all related to the change in ownership.

Back