• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Pre-making meals for the week

mBrane

Registered
Reaction score
You see it a million times and vow to start doing it yourself, but how in the world can you leave chicken in the fridge for 5 days?!

Are folks freezing or vacuum-sealing some of the food or just practicing poor food handling?

Thoughts?

- mBrane

I don't pre make anything because it will taste like shit by the end of the week for two reasons, one because its been sitting around for a week and two cuz I've been eating the same shit all week!! I just make my lunch for the next day the night before, that's it. My wife makes dinner at night and I make breakfast for myself before work.

Sounds like a better approach!

- mBrane

I freeze everything except for Tilapia and eggs b/c they both taste like ass when unfrozen and reheated. Chicken, beef, tuna, veggies, rice, potatoes......make in bulk, eat one meal for lunch, leave a couple in the fridge for the next day and the rest goes in the freezer.

Sounds like a better approach!

- mBrane

Hey man I'm not knocking it I'm sure there is something to be said for pre making meals but I know I won't stick to it. I am not that disciplined.

i'm with Chez..by 2 or 3 things start looking and tasting different..

I used to do the whole chicken, rice, and broccoli cooked in bulk at once and reheated or eaten cold through out the week....and I always HATED it! I've become a master at cooking any meal in 10 mins, so now I make everything fresh...much better.

The only thing I pre-cook is about 3 days worth of brown rice. It takes about 50 minutes to cook and I eat anywhere from 3-4 cups a day. I use my gas grill to cook my chicken and/or steak, sauté up some veggies and nuke up the rice. My meals are ready in 10-15 minutes tops. If I need a meal to travel I use all the same ingredients but I cut the meat up and sauté the veggies with a small amount of stir fry sauce and nuke it up when i need to eat. instant stir fry on the go! Fresh is always best.

Fully cooked chicken if kept refrigerated is just fine being eaten at the 5 day mark. I wouldn't go any longer then that though.

Last edited:
man up guys

I cook all my stuff a full 7 days in advance.

chicken, beef, rice, potatoes, the works..

sometimes I eat the chicken up to 10-12 day after its cooked, and this is in the fridge, not the freezer
stuff stays good for way longer than we think it does.

once a week I slave away for a couple hours and that's it.

man up guys

I cook all my stuff a full 7 days in advance.

chicken, beef, rice, potatoes, the works..

sometimes I eat the chicken up to 10-12 day after its cooked, and this is in the fridge, not the freezer
stuff stays good for way longer than we think it does.

once a week I slave away for a couple hours and that's it.

Hmmm, and you had all those stomach issues... JK man, whatever works for you.

I precook all my lunches (Just plain chicken breast pieces and pasta, gets reheated at work with some BBQ sauce and I throw it down), but breakfast and dinner are done on the fly. Breakfast has been a grilled chicken sandwich for the past 6 weeks now, still not bored of it yet! Dinner is either chicken or steak, occasionally pork with some sort of veggie.

lol ya, my infamous stomach issues.. I haven't touched a hormone since july and haven't had a stomach issues since then either.

what a shitty problem huh? hard methyls = puke everything.

what's the deal with these forums? if I try typing quickly then all my words blend together and I spell everything incorrectly, see below
whats he dea with these forums?if I try tyigquickly tn all mywods lendtogether and I spl everythingin corecclt,y, see beow

^
I typed the first one super slow, the second at regular typing speed.
explain

Thats a funny thing to say. What does manning up have to do with the fact that we all like fresh food better than 12 day old food? Seems like a no brainer that fresh food tastes better.

^^^this

If your trying to bodybuild, food becomes less about taste and more of your job. I do mine on Sunday for the week. Breakfast, lunch, and 2:30 snack. Same thing everyday. Not eating for fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I enjoy eating too much to put up with week old food. I already put up with a job two young kids a two hour commute and no alcohol I'll be damned if I'm gonna eat stale tasting shit.

My shit tastes good.

agreed.
last time I dieted I had the same food every day for like 6 weeks straight, adjust, another 4-6 straight

for me, it boils down to being able to eat it. Taste is a non issue.

if I'm REALLY in need of taste, Tokyo joe's brown rice, steak, and sugar free teriyaki sauce.. but that's usually emergency only, if I mess up and I'm missing a meal

I wake up at 3. Off the the gym at 4:30. Work 6-4:30. Home to 3 monsters, dinner then bed at 8:30. Not a lot of time for extra cooking.

I'm about to man up and eat the steaks my wife just grilled...well 30 min after she grilled them...its tough but I have to do it:)

Chez, I like your style! Thats how I eat too, most of the time. I grill at least once if not twice a day. Damn those pics make me hungry!

Thanks Pete. Yeah this is how the cooking gets done at casa del la Chez.

I wake early enough to make breakfast (usually some combo of meat, eggs, cheese and bread), grab some fresh fruit and drink down a protein shake. Lunch is either leftover dinner from night before or Kali Muscles Hyphy Food ,( albacore, ramen noodles, corn chips in a wrap). I keep supplies at work ( we have a fridge and a griddle) so I can make stuff on the fly. I am fortunate enough to have my wife stay home so dinner is usually ready when I get home. I guess I am spoiled when it comes to food. I admire the pre packers for their discipline but its not my thing. As we always say here on these boards, its whatever works for you.

Nice Chez...

I made my meals for the week last night... including ground beef, chicken, ~10 cups of rice, steamed broccoli and asparagus... portioned my protein powders and oats... Wife thinks I am crazy... I think I am dedicated.. .LOL

For the record, I think it is extremely wise, that way no meals can be forgotten... Once I started doing this, I never had an excuse for NOT having them available...

Thats good stuff Deako. Like I said I admire this way of thinking, it just doesnt work for me. As long as we are all getting most of our nutrients from food and backing up whatever is lacking with supplements, I think we are all on the right track.

Very true... I am not saying that one HAS to follow this, but me personally, find it difficult if I DONT do this... LOL

I wake up at 3. Off the the gym at 4:30. Work 6-4:30. Home to 3 monsters, dinner then bed at 8:30. Not a lot of time for extra cooking.

Okay so it can be done lol. I was going to the gym 4:45 every morning for about a year and recently I have been feeling WAY too tired to wake up.. Alright that serves as motivation, I'm not alone. Plus I don't have 3 monsters

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back