• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Q & A with Mike Arnold

heavyiron

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike Arnold, anabolic researcher and consultant, is a prolific writer on the real-world use of performance enhancing compounds. Actively involved in the bodybuilding community for over 20 years, he continues to expand his knowledge on the application of anabolics in both theory & practice, while helping athletes achieve their physique and performance goals.

Please ask your questions here.

Hello good sir. I have a thread in supplements, but I saw this and thought I would ask you directly. I've gotten a lot of positive responses, and that has led me to a few new questions.

I am wanting to start a cycle that allows me to continue my fat loss, and increases my muscle growth. My diet is fairly clean, and my workout routine is evolving as needed. I am now leaning towards the Epi-Andro stack in the store section to start, and then moving into Halo Extreme when I am ready to cycle again after that. Lastly, hopefully M-Sten after the Halo. I know the Andro stack is considered "liver safe" so I am not to worried there. The other two are where my PCT concerns are. Right now I routinely take Milk Thistle, Chelated Zinc, Epimedium, D3, K2, Chelated Magnesium, B 100 complex, Palm Oil, Turmeric, NAC, Creatine, a quality protein powder, and a liquid multi-vitamin w/o iron. I know some of that overlaps ingredients in the E-blocker, Ultra Male, and Advanced cycle Support. Besides getting some Nolva, for the Halo/M-Sten cycles, do you think there is anything else I should consider? Thank you for your time...

I forgot to add, besides Nolva I was looking into getting some Taurine as well...

First of all, NONE of the IML steroidal products require the use of Nolva, as none of them aromatize, nor do they seem to be prone to causing estrogen rebound.

I am no sure what your question is regarding your cycle, as I don't see any question posted. You write that you want to start off with Epi-andro, then move to Halo, and finally finish with M-sten, but there is no question within that part of your post.

As far as your PCT goes, traditional SERM/AI therapy is superior, but when running short 4 weeks cycles (as you likely will be), using an OTC AI and Ultramale will suffice. I used to use only an AI (Gaspari's Nolvadex XT--this was long before IML was selling AI's) after running 4 week cycles and I recovered just fine every single time, so I know OTC AI's are capable of causing an acceptable recovery, especially when combined with other pro-recovery compounds, such as those included in UltraMale.

I am glad to see you using the Advanced Cycle Support product, as I believe all steroid users should be taking stepos to protect their long-term health. Advanced Cyucle Support is a comprehensive, effective product for the protection of multiple bodily systems. I use it every day.

Sorry, I thought I got my post from the other thread to copy over. I am doing this on my phone, and things dont always post, or they double post...

Basically I asked what product/stack I should use since this will be my first cycle ever. That led to people suggesting the epi-andro, then maybe halo extreme after that. I am prone to having an excessive amount of estrogen so I also asked if I should take the e-blocker now/on cycle/during pct. As for the Nolva, it was suggested for the halo and m-sten cycles. It sounds like they're not needed at all from what you said..

Thank you for your time...

Sorry, I thought I got my post from the other thread to copy over. I am doing this on my phone, and things dont always post, or they double post...

Basically I asked what product/stack I should use since this will be my first cycle ever. That led to people suggesting the epi-andro, then maybe halo extreme after that. I am prone to having an excessive amount of estrogen so I also asked if I should take the e-blocker now/on cycle/during pct. As for the Nolva, it was suggested for the halo and m-sten cycles. It sounds like they're not needed at all from what you said..

Thank you for your time...

My stance on what is appropriate for a 1st cycle differs from much of the BB'ing community. I will be writing an article on this soon, but for now I will just say that any of the IML products are fine. However, I do strongly suggest you familiarize yourself with any compound you are considering running. As long as you are comfortable with the drug's side effect profile, then go ahead and use it if that is what you want to do. Halo is the most mild of the products, with little to no ouitwardly percievable side effects (but also mild gains), with Epi-andro in 2nd and M-Sten in 3rd. However, most will tell you that none of these products produce any outwardly bothersome side effects. Evem M-Sten is a very comfortable compound for most people.

None of these compounds aromatize, so an AI/SERM is not needed when on-cycle, but PCT is another story. AI's and SERM's will help re-start the HPTA, making them great additions to any PCT program. When comparing IML's steroids to steroids in general, none of them are considered to be outwardly harsh compounds. There are many steroids with a much more severe side effect profile than these drugs. Steroids like trenbolone and even testosterone are much worse in the side effects department. Look at testosterone--you have to worry about excess estrogen, which can produce gyno, water retention, increassed blood pressure, an cause you to more eaisly accumulate bodyfat, among other side effects. Androgenically, when using testosterone at average dosages, many guys have to contend with hair loss, acne, and oily skin. When dealing with a drug like Trenbolone, although estrogenic side effects might be absent, the overall side effect profile is even worse.

M-Sten lacks the majority of these side effects when used at average dosages. Androgenic side effects are rarely a problem and estrogenic side effects are non-existent. While the androgenic rating of M-sten may be similar to testosterone, M-Sten can be effectively utilized at much lower dosages (140-280 mg/week vs. 500+/week), which means less androgenic side effects. M-sten, when used at 20-30 mg/day, provides excellent gains in hard, dry muscle tissue with a comparatively mild side effect profile.

If you want to gain as much muscle & strength as possible, Super DMZ 3.0 (which contains M-Sten) is where it's at, but M-Sten solo is the next best choice. If mass & strength is your primary goal (it will keep you hard & dry, as well) and you would rather use a single compound product first, then I think you would really like M-sten. Epi-andro will not build much mass, but is mainly a hardener, so if your goal is to make measurable improvements to your physique, this is not the product for you. Epi-andro is more of a finishing product, which will guve you that dry, crisp look after you've already lowered your BF% down into the single digits. It can still be used at higher bodyfat percentages, as there are other benefits associated with the product, but the fact remains that it is not an ideal product for those attempting to build the physique.

Little side-question Mike, sort of on topic sort of not... so I plan on starting up SDMZ 2.0 (still have some bottles stashed) for a solid bulk, probably run it 6 weeks on top of a test/eq base, then break from orals and just run test/eq for a bit, and was thinking about topping off with tbol... but it's tough to find non-bullshit experienced responses, I've heard everything across the board from "just like dbol but dry" to "I didn't gain shit off it"... so was wondering if you had any direct experience with that drug in particular... plan is basically to bulk on 2.0 and sort of harden up/trim the frame with tbol... weight 177ish, 5'10 plenty of lifting experience (albeit on and off) just getting my sexy back...

Aesthetics and maybe some lean size being the desired goal with the tbol, was wondering if you had any sensible input. Thanks,

-biggie

I think its totaly unecessary. With T-bol being a relatively mild anabolic, it will not provide much of an effect when used alongside steroids like dimethazine, methylstenbolone, and testosterone, which you will be using. If you want to stay hard & dry, use an AI with your cycle. Neither Dimethazine or Methsylstenbolone will cause water retention...and Dimethazine will actually dry you out a bit, so as long as you control your estrogen levels, you should be able to make lean, hard gains rather quickly.

If this is the wrong forum for the question please let me know and I'll repost in the IMZ forum, am really looking forward to your experienced input if you have any to offer. For what it's worth, I plan on getting some adv. cycle support to run through the entire thing, just planning ahead, and maybe tossing in some Ultra Male towards the tail end of PCT if I feel I need it. I appreciate you taking the time, and am well aware of the relative side effect profiles of everything except the tbol, have ran every other substance in the past.

Thanks Mike

You can ask anything you want in this forum--it is an open Q & A.

T-bol has one of the most mild side effect profiles of all AAS. It was specifically created to help avoid androgenic side effects. Its androgenic component is almost non-existent (weaker than Anavar) and it does not aromatize, nor does it have progestagenic effects. There is little to worry about with this steroid.

Hey Mike,

I've always wanted to know if pulse methods actually work?
I've read around many forums and have seen a lot of disagreement about pulsing.

Thanks for clearing it up Biggie. I've been curious because I've read about people pulsing but for every pulse log, I believe almost all logs weren't finished.

Much appreciated Mike, I guess the logical lines I was thinking along is that I like the effects of halo, it being mild and pretty safe, gains are lean and easy to regulate, albeit not as dynamic as with msten or dymeth/msten combo... and since tbol is allegedly the parent hormone of hdrol, I figured it would be cleaner to source to use that to trim up maybe lean out a little after bulking with the sdmz. Having never actually used tbol tho, I didn't know how different it was from the effects of halo, so if you could provide a brief comparison for personal understanding I'd appreciate it. Again, thanks for taking the time, info is much appreciated

T-bol and Halo extreme are very similar in effects, but they are not the same steroid. I don't have a preference for one or the other, but personally, I would use Halo extreme before using T-bol because at least I know that Halo is 3rd party lab tested for putity & potency. In other wods, I know I am getting what I pay for. With T-bol, a lot of it is fake and the quality control of most UGL's is poor.

By the way, although Halo has been labelded as a PH, it is technically active in its original state, making it an active steroid just like T-bol. There are many steroids which are also PH's. Any steroid that converts into ANY another active hormone is technically a PH. This includes testosterone. A small portion of Halo converts into T-bol, but the majority of its effects are derived from the original compound itself.

Lastly, gains retention with all steroids is basically the same. When I say gains, I am referring solely to lean muscle fiber acquisition...not bodyweight increases because bodyweight increases can be deceptive. Some steroids cause more or less intrasmuscular water retention than others. This intramuscular water looks just like muscle tissue because it is inside the muscle...not under the skin like sub-q water. So, steroids which cause a lot of IM water retention will cause the user to quickly blow-up when on, but will also cause the user to deflate just as quickly when he goes go off. This is the result of IM water levels rising and then returning back to normal. Some steroids which cause a lot of IM water retention cause little to no sub-q water retention, so the individual might still look lean & dry whe on, even though he is carrying lots of IM water. When people stop using these kind of steroids and shrink up, they think they are quickly losing their hard-earned gains, but they are not...at least not intially.

On the other hand, a steroid like Primo causes very little IM water retention, so when the user goes off, he naturally maintains more of his bodyweight. However, whether one is using Anadrol or Primo, genuine muscle fiber will be maintained or lost at the same rate once the user goes off.

Hey Mike,

I've always wanted to know if pulse methods actually work?
I've read around many forums and have seen a lot of disagreement about pulsing.

I don't know why there is so much disagreement. This stuff isn't rocket science. Steroids start building muscle the first day you take them...not 1 week later, 2 weeks later, or 4 weeks later. Pulse cycles can be effective, but only if using very potent steroids, including potent orals. Otherwise, you won't put on enough muscle to notice anything before going off of them. In addition, pulse cycles are more effective for guys who are not yet very advanced...because it is easier form them to gain muscle tissue quickly compared to more advanced guys.

For example, many novice to moderately developed guys can put on anywhere between 10-20+ pounds in just 3-4 weeks with steroids such as SD, M1T, Dimethazine, and Methylstenbolone...and end up keeping a substantial portion of their gains upon discontinuation. The first time I used SD I added about 15 lbs of lean, hard mass and kept 12 lbs of it. It was a 30 day cycle at 30 mg/day. It completely chnaged my body within that short time...more so that my first 8 week testosterone cycle at 500 mg/week.

When using the drugs mentioned above at the proper dosages, even 2 week cycles can add 10 lbs or more in many cases. Even if someone adds 5 lbs of lean tissue in 2 weeks and keeps 3 of it, that is pretty damn good for just 2 weeks. I know many guys who have run full length cycles and ended up keeping about that much after all is said and done. Now, I am not saying a 2 week run of these drugs is more effective than running potent, multi-compound, full length cycles, but they can still be effective. In know many people who have had success running orals 2 weeks on/2 weeks off...or even 1 week on/ 1 week off. Obviously, gains will be increased by running injectables along with them the entire time, but I have seen less advanced guys add 20-30 lbs of lean mass over several months using only these orals in a pulsing fashion. It is a constant up and down process--like taking 2 steps forward, one step back, but they are still moving forward.

If someone is consistently gaining new muscle each cycle, regardless of whether they are running full length or pulsing cycles, how can anyone say they aren't effective? They can't. For guys who are only going to use legal products, which means no injectables, I don't think it matters much whether you run 1, 2, 3, or 4 weeks cycles of these products. The amount of muscle you gain is determined more by your total on-time over a given period of time. For example, if one guy does 1 week pulsing cycles of one week on/1 week off...and another guy does 30 day cycles, but only once every 3 months, the 1 week pulsing cycles will provide greater growth potential over a year period simply because the user will be exposing his body to the anabolic effects of the drugs for 6 months vs. only 4 months.

Obviously, everyone will eventually get to the point, once they reach a certain size, where they will no longer be able to continue making gains doing the typical 50% on/ 50% off cycling format. This usually occurs when the individual is pretty big and beyond their natural limit. But, for all the guys who have not yet surpassed their natural limit, they can continue gaining muscle with any cycling format.

Big ups to you Mr. Arnold, I've always wanted to know what your view was upon pulsing. If I may ask what pulsing method would be great for training with wendlers 531.
Mondays- squat
Tuesdays- bench
wednesday- off
thursday- deadlift
friday- military press
sat & sun- off

would I be able to take msten on my workout days for two weeks then take a break for two weeks then repeat? If you have any inputs I would greatly appreciate it.

Big ups to you Mr. Arnold, I've always wanted to know what your view was upon pulsing. If I may ask what pulsing method would be great for training with wendlers 531.
Mondays- squat
Tuesdays- bench
wednesday- off
thursday- deadlift
friday- military press
sat & sun- off

would I be able to take msten on my workout days for two weeks then take a break for two weeks then repeat? If you have any inputs I would greatly appreciate it.

It's really up to you. It does not matter what type of workout your doing. The more often you use them, the better they work...it is really that simple. I recommend taking at least an equal amount of time off, though. In other words, a 50:50 ratio. So, whether it is 1 week on/1 week off...or 2 weeks on/ 2 week off...or 3 weeks on/ 3 weeks off....they are all a 50:50 ratio. That is the maximum...and even then, I recommend using advanced cycle support when running them that frequently.

It's really up to you. It does not matter what type of workout your doing. The more often you use them, the better they work...it is really that simple. I recommend taking at least an equal amount of time off, though. In other words, a 50:50 ratio. So, whether it is 1 week on/1 week off...or 2 weeks on/ 2 week off...or 3 weeks on/ 3 weeks off....they are all a 50:50 ratio. That is the maximum...and even then, I recommend using advanced cycle support when running them that frequently.

so one could possibly run a 2 weeks ed and 2 weeks off with no (serm) and get away with using e-control, advanced cycle support, and ultra male for pct (time off)

What does this do to the testicular axis in the long run tho? Serious question... there's a difference between doing just a recreational cycle (or a couple), and delegating the rest of your life to HRT/TRT, my question is where is the fine line?

This is where the recommendation for doing a complete cycle comes from. I feel like if we just pulse orals like there's no tomorrow, the perpetual stress/strain on the HPTA is bound to catch up with us sooner or later; am I wrong?

I don't think its any worse than normal length cycles...and may even be better for the HPTA. After a short pulse, the degree of suppression we experience is reduced compared to normal length cycles, simply because the body is not exposed to the suppressive influence of AAS for very long. When immediately followed by an equal length PCT, the body recovers quickly. Now, obviously this would not work very well with esterfied injectables compounds, aside from maybe acetate based steroids, as it would take too long for the eteroids to exit the system before PCT would begin. But...when using orals, such as Super DMZ 3.0, etc, they can easily be used for 1-2 weeks, immediately followed by a 1-2 week PCT.

I have found the HPTA recovers at least just as easily with this system...and probably more so. This is partially the result of the HPTA never becoming fully suppressed, as well as a greater amount of time spent using PCT drugs relative to one's on-time. For example, when running a 12 week cycle, most will follow it up with a 30-35 day PCT. This is roughly a 3:1 ratio of on time to off-time, but when running 2 week pulse cycles, followed by an equal length PCT, it is a 1:1 ratio of on-time to off-time, not to mention the HPTA never become severely suppressed, due to the short amount of on-time.

so one could possibly run a 2 weeks ed and 2 weeks off with no (serm) and get away with using e-control, advanced cycle support, and ultra male for pct (time off)

You could do that, but why no serm? You can legally buy serms, such as Clomid and Nolva, from Superior Hardcore Peptides.

You could do that, but why no serm? You can legally buy serms, such as Clomid and Nolva, from Superior Hardcore Peptides.

would a low dose of torem say 60,60 or 60,30 for the 2 weeks off be sufficient?
would adding 4andro for my 2 week pulse cycle be a waste?

im currently running msten and 4andro(which i got from my msten stack)

week 1-2

msten- 20,20
4andro- 2 with msten
advanced cycle support 2x before bed

week 3-4
torem 60,30
ultra male 1x
econtrol 3x

week 5-6

msten- 20,20
4andro- 2 with msten

week 7-8
torem 60,30
ultra male 1x
econtrol 3x

would a low dose of torem say 60,60 or 60,30 for the 2 weeks off be sufficient?
Should be fine. You could always improve results by adding an AI to that, such as e-control.

would adding 4andro for my 2 week pulse cycle be a waste?
4-AD is a good product for maintaining/restoring normal T levels when under the suppressive influence of other AAS.

im currently running msten and 4andro(which i got from my msten stack)

week 1-2

msten- 20,20
4andro- 2 with msten

week 3-4
torem 60,30
ultra male 1x
econtrol 3x

week 5-6

msten- 20,20
4andro- 2 with msten

week 7-8
torem 60,30
ultra male 1x
econtrol 3x
You could run this type of pulse long-term if you wanted to, but as with anyone who taks steroids long-term, I recommend getting regular check-ups rom your doctor--at least a few times a year.

Thank you for knowledge.
Sorry if I asked a great number of questions.

Just wanted to thank you for all the help you have been Mike , I always read your stuff, I just used your discount code for some Halo Extreme, I love it , I think it's very underrated .

Just wanted to thank you for all the help you have been Mike , I always read your stuff, I just used your discount code for some Halo Extreme, I love it , I think it's very underrated .

No problem. Thanks.

Hi Mike,

I have a couple quick questions about decadrol. I'm a strength athlete and only use legal products and am interested decadrol since it isn't methylated. How long can it be run and do you have any idea what affects it has on a blood panel (specifically lipids)?

I'm planning on running some msten and would really like to maximize my retention of mass and strength from it. How would you combine msten and decadrol to accomplish this? I was thinking of running the msten at 20mg for 6 weeks and the decadrol for 6-8 weeks at 100mg (not sure if this would be sufficient) but starting the decadrol on week three of the msten. Is this a good idea? I have lots of experience with prohormones, but I'd be open to any suggestions or input about a better cycle.

If strength is your #1 goal, then Super DMZ 3.0 is going to be the best product available.

As far as mass retention goes, that is more dependent on what you do AFTER your cycle. Osta RX at 1 cap daily (7.5 mg), starting 15 days into PCT (run the standard 30 day PCT) will signifucantly help reduce gains loss will having only minimal impact on recovery. In addition, if you are willing to use legal grey-market products, compounds such as IGF-1 will also make a significant difference. The advantage of IGF-1 is that it has no impact on the HPTA at all, so it can be run throughout your entire PCT without negatively affecting recovery. Superior Hardcore Peptides sells IGF-1 that has been 3rd party lab tested for purity & potency.

While Decadrol can help amplify gains when added to M-sten, it won't do much to help maintain gains after the cycle is over. Nw, if you want to continue running Decadrol after the M-sten has ended, then it will certainly help maintain gains. Decadrol can be run indefinitely, as it is non-toxic. How long you run it is a personal decision, which can be influenced by numerous factors.

Mike, thanks for the reply! My plan is to run weeks 1-6 of msten at 2 caps ed and weeks 3-8 of decadrol.

I am very familiar with the compounds in super dmz 3.0, however, I would like to run msten longer at a lower dose to make more permanent gains. I was concerned about the mass retention because you can only be so strong with a certain amount of muscle mass. And hopefully the mass I gain on this run, will serve as base down the road for future strength gain. Again, thanks so much for the reply.

Hey Mike, I read your write up on longer cycles where one month you would switch between Methylated and the next month would be Non-meth products. Would you recommend this to a bodybuilder or would you prefer 4-8 week cycles with time off between. Also could you lay out a cycle you would prefer? Thanks Mike!

Hey Mike, I read your write up on longer cycles where one month you would switch between Methylated and the next month would be Non-meth products. Would you recommend this to a bodybuilder or would you prefer 4-8 week cycles with time off between. Also could you lay out a cycle you would prefer? Thanks Mike!

Sorry about the slow reply--I looked in this thread a couple days ago, but must have missed it.

Anyway, the longer you stay on, the more you will gain...to a point. Some time off every now and then is good, but in general, you will gain more by staying on, say, 80% of the time vs. 50% of the time. So, alternating methyls with non-methyls would be ideal in terms of muscle gain. You don't have to deal with gains loss every other months, and you save on PCT drugs.

You can set this plan up however you want. Generally speaking, when it comes to methyls I recommend a 50:50 on/off ratio, so you could run methyls 4 weeks on/4 weeks off...or 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off...or 6 weeks on/ 6 weeks off, etc. After you determine what pattern you want to follow, you need to select your methylated compound(s).

Super DMZ 3.0 is going to provide the best mass gains, so if that is your goal, it would be an ideal product for your methyl cycles. There is no need to constantly switch your methyls, either. After you find one you like, you can stick with it as long as you want. Your body isn't going to "adapt" to it when you are off 50% of the time. M-Sten would be the 2nd stongest compound. You can easily run 30-40 mg of this stuff per day, which is 3-4 caps. For less advanced guys, 2-3 caps will suffice. The Epitren is alos very good. You may like it as much as the M-sten or even more--you have to try it in order to know. It includes both a methyl (Epistane) a non-methyl (trenabol)...and because Epistane is more mild in terms of toxicity compared to most methyls, many people can use up to 5 caps daily (50 mg Epistane) without any issues, although technically, I cann't recommend that as an employee of IML. That will also provide a decent dose of trenabol, as well. Personally, I get better gains from M-sten than Epitren when compared on a cap per cap basis, but some people like Epitren better.

So, after you select your methyl, you need to select your non-methyls. The best IML non-methyls would be Decadrol and Ostarine. Decadrol is a pretty decent drug for being non-methylated and at higher doses can mimic milder methyl drugs. The recommended dose is 3 caps daily (75 mg), but you could easily use up to 6 caps daily (150 mg). Osta-RX at the recommended dose is fine (3 caps/day). Better gains would likely be achieved with a higher dose, but that can start to get expensive because Osta is one of the more expensive to produce products.

Some guys will tell you to use 4-AD with it as well, but it is not mandatory. It is primarily used for normalizing T levels, which will help keep side effects associated with testosterone deficiency at bay. However, it won't contribute much to your gains. So, use at your own discretion.

I do recommend Advanced Cycle Support, especially when using methyls. Other than that, everthing else is secondary and will only increase gains very slightly when you are already using the drugs mentioned here. For instance, IML makes another non-methyl called 1-AD, which will convert to 1-testosterone, but not at a very high rate, so it isn't going to make a substantial difference when you are already using a high dose of Decadrol and Ostarine. Decadrol is an active steroid with a very high oral absoprtion rate, so even though it is non-methylated, it still works well. If gaining muscle is the #1 goal, then I would advise using a higher dose of Decadrol, rather than use a lower dose of Decadrol with 1-AD, simply becuase Decadrol is stronger.

So, your cycle could potentially look something like this...

Days 1-30: Super DMZ 3.0 @ 2 caps/day (1 cap in AM/ 1 cap in PM)
Days 1-30: Advanced Cycle Support @ 2 caps/day (take both caps at once)
Days 31-60: Decadrol @ 6 caps/day (3 caps in AM/ 3 caps in PM)
Days 31-60: Osta-RX @ 3 caps/dat (take all 3 caps at once)

Last edited:
Sorry about the slow reply--I looked in this thread a couple days ago, but must have missed it.

Anyway, the longer you stay on, the more you will gain...to a point. Some time off every now and then is good, but in general, you will gain more by staying on, say, 80% of the time vs. 50% of the time. So, alternating methyls with non-methyls would be ideal in terms of muscle gain. You don't have to deal with gains loss every other months, and you save on PCT drugs.

You can set this plan up however you want. Generally speaking, I recommend a 50:50 on/off ratio, so you could run methyls 4 weeks on/4 weeks off...or 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off...or 6 weeks on/ 6 weeks off, etc. After you determine what pattern you want to follow, you need to select your compounds.

Super DMZ 3.0 is going to provide the best mass gains, so if that is your goal, it would be an ideal product for your methyl cycles. There is no need to constantly switch your methyls, either. After you find one you like, you can stick with it as long as you want. Your body isn't going to "adapt" to it taking breaks from it 50% of the time. M-Sten would be the 2nd stongest compound. You can easily run 30-40 mg of this stuff per day, which is 3-4 caps. For less advanced guys, 2-3 caps will suffice. The Epitren is alos very good. You may like it as much as the M-sten or even more--you have to try it in order to know. It includes both a methyl (Epistane) a non-methyl (trenabol)...and becauise Epistane is more mild in terms of toxicity compared to most methyls, you can use up to 5 caps daily (50 mg Epistane) without any issues. That will alos provide a decent dose of trenabol, as well. Personally, I get better gains from M-sten than Epitren when compared on a cap per cap basis, but some people like Epitren better.

So, after you select your methyl, you need to select your non-methyls. The best IML non-methyls would be Decadrol and Ostarine. Decadrol is a pretty decent drug for being non-methylated and at higher doses can mimic milder methyl drugs. The recommended dose is 3 caps daily (75 mg), but you could easily use up to 6 caps daily (150 mg). Osta-RX at the recommended dose is fine (3 caps/day). Better gains would likely be achieved with a higher dose, but that can start to get expensive because Osta is one of the more expensive to produce products.

Some guys will tell you to use 4-AD with it as well, but it is not mandatory. It is primarily used for normalizing T levels, which will help keep side effects associated with testosterone deficiency at bay. However, it won't contribute much to your gains. So, use at your own discretion.

I do recommend Advanced Cycle Support, especially when using methyls. Other than that, everthing else is secondary and will only increase gains very slightly when you are already using the drugs mentioned here. For instance, IML makes another non-methyl called 1-AD, which will convert to 1-testosterone, but not at a very high rate, so it isn't going to make a substantial difference when you are already using a high dose of Decadrol and Ostarine. Decadrol is an active steroid with a very high oral absoprtion rate, so even though it is non-methylated, it still works well. If gaining muscle is the #1 goal, then I would advise using a higher dose of Decadrol, rather than use a lower dose of Decadrol with 1-AD, simply becuase Decadrol is stronger.

So, your cycle could potentially look something like this...

Days 1-30: Super DMZ 3.0 @ 2 caps/day (1 cap in AM/ 1 cap in PM)
Days 1-30: Advanced Cycle Support @ 2 caps/day (take both caps at once)
Days 31-60: Decadrol @ 6 caps/day (3 caps in AM/ 3 caps in PM)
Days 31-60: Osta-RX @ 3 caps/dat (take all 3 caps at once)

Thanks for the detailed information Mike!

Mike,
First I want to say thanks for your thoroughness as I have read this thread and all but one of the questions I've been having are now answered.

A little background before I get into it..
I am now almost 21 years old. When I was 18, after 2 years of consistent weight training, nutrition, and study, I made the decision to try a SDMZ 2.0 stack. I was 175lbs at the time and naturally strong and rather muscular. I blew up and my strength went through the roof, as I grew to a solid/clean 195lbs. After two months of careful and hard work I successfully kept most of my gains and almost all of my strength, ending at 192lbs. Unfortunately, I gave up on all that I had gained and accomplished. After two years of horrible nutrition and an extremely toxic lifestyle, I dropped down to a very malnourished 145lbs.

Now, after two months of a great diet and 7 total weeks of exercise (3 weeks being introductory exercises to get my body/mind back into motion, and these last 4 weeks being consistent weight training), I am back to a very lean 160lbs. I have been seeing results like I am a beginner, and size and strength seem to increase every day. I am seeing 1-2 lbs every 4-5 days, and noticeable size increases. Thank God for muscle memory.

I am back in the fitness industry again and feel shitty about what I've let myself lose, to say the least. I want to be back to that 195 ASAP. Herein lies my question.

Is it better to try to gain as much back as possible before doing a SDMZ cycle, and without the boost? Or will it not effect me other than increasing the rate at which i return to my prime 195?
I know I can do it without a cycle, and I also know it might take a few months. But If I can just get back to 195 faster, why not? I have two viewpoints. One part of me wants to believe because my body has been there at 195lbs, using a cycle to get me back there will only reiterate to my bodies physiology that 195 is where I need to be. The other part says I might actually limit myself and make my bodies potential less if I used a cycle to get up there.

The answer might also apply to those who worry taking such a strong cycle at a young age will halt their bodies potential. I am a believer it only increases your bodies potential as it changes ones physiology. Studies actually show this, as I understand you probably know. (Pointed More towards readers)

Anyways, I appreciate your time and expertise. I look forward to hearing your response, and enjoy learning from your answers.

Back