• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

First Prohormone Run: Halo Extreme Log

zzguy2

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I decided that it would be a good idea to log this cycle. I benefited from reading other logs, so I want to help others down the line.

About me:
26 years old
5'9"
180.2 home scale, 181.0 gym scale
11-12% body fat

This is my first use of any hormonal supplement.

This is the plan:

Cycle:
Halo Extreme: 50/75/75/75/75/75
*first week, 2 caps daily, 1 morning and 1 evening

IML Advanced Cycle Support: 2 caps daily, 1 morning and 1 evening
Taurine: 1 gram--1000 mg caps, 1 morning and 1 evening
(I may increase the taurine dosage. I saw one log where someone took 5 grams per day, but most information I've seen says that 1-3 grams per day is a good dose...so we'll see)
Himalaya Liver Care: 4 caps daily, 2 morning and 2 evening

PCT:
Nolva 20/20/10/10
IML Advanced Cycle Support: 2 caps daily
IML Ultra Male: 1 cap daily
IML E-Control RX: 3 caps daily

First dose was Sunday, March 2. I guess that it would be best to make a new post for each day so that it's organized better...so to be continued

Day 1

I took the caps as directed. It was a rest day, so no workout. Nothing to report.

Day 2

Day 2 was the first workout day. I felt almost the same, except I had a general feeling of well-being. I was in a very good mood all day. I'm not generally in a bad mood, but I did feel "uplifted." It was hard to describe.

I got a few more reps on certain exercises, but that happened last week as well for this particular training day, so probably not Halo-induced.

However, along with the feeling of well-being, I felt energized and focused not only during the workout but afterwards as well. I work at night, and usually I feel a bit tired, but I felt like I could concentrate a lot more easily.

Summary: Not much difference physically, but I did feel "uplifted," had a bit more energy, and was able to focus mentally a bit better than normal. I've heard of hormonal supplements doing this, so maybe it's kicking in, or maybe it's me...we'll see.

Following along, man. Go ahead and take your support supps (ACS, Liver Care) 3-4 hrs separate from your Halo doses. The supports supps can be taken all at once. There's theory that liver care supps (or at least milk thistle) can affect the absorption of PH's. It's not hard-science, but why risk not getting the most out of your cycle.

i would dump the liv-52...with the ACS in there imo you really don't need it..save ya some money at least...

Day 3:

Another off day. Nothing new to report. I still felt a bit more focused than usual.

However, I should add that even yesterday (day 2), I felt like maybe I had lost a bit of weight, perhaps water. I lost a little over 30+ pounds last summer and maintained since then, so I like to think that I have a good sense of whether or not I'm gaining or lose fat. It's hard to know for sure, but I feel a bit tighter around my stomach...not sure if it's all in my head, though.

I'm eating at maintenance for the first week, and then planning on slightly increasing calories next week...we'll see how it goes.

Following along, man. Go ahead and take your support supps (ACS, Liver Care) 3-4 hrs separate from your Halo doses. The supports supps can be taken all at once. There's theory that liver care supps (or at least milk thistle) can affect the absorption of PH's. It's not hard-science, but why risk not getting the most out of your cycle.

I remember reading about that. I'll space out the Halo XT and support supplement dosings to see if that makes a difference. Thank you for the suggestion!

i would dump the liv-52...with the ACS in there imo you really don't need it..save ya some money at least...

I already had the Liv52 on hand, and it expires this summer, so I thought why not use, lol. I've heard that it has benefits even when you are not cycling. Thank you for the input, though, I appreciate it!

BTW: Sorry for the multiple replies. I wanted to quote you and ebfitness, but I couldn't figure out how to quote both of you in the same reply...

BTW: Sorry for the multiple replies. I wanted to quote you and ebfitness, but I couldn't figure out how to quote both of you in the same reply...
Just hit "multi-quote" for the first quote, "reply with quote" for the second. :)

Day 4:

Gym Scale: 182.6 (181.0 start)

A training day. Perhaps it was placebo, but I did feel like I had more endurance than usual. I managed to get a rep or two more on most sets or increase the weight.

As I've stated in previous posts, I felt very "sharp" mentally. During my workout I felt very focused...perhaps being able to focus better gave me a bit more endurance, I'm not sure. However, even outside of the gym, I felt focused and driven. I am really liking this part of the cycle. I feel so productive. :D

I was up a little bit in weight according to the scale at the gym. I ate normally (I follow pretty strict macros, so I am always tracking my diet), and I know that weight can fluctuate from day-to-date...but it was interesting nonetheless.

Also, as with yesterday, I did feel a little bit hungrier than normal. Nothing major, though.

Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Day 5:

Another training day. As I reported yesterday, my endurance was up...it's getting hard to say that it's all placebo, so the Halo Extreme is starting to kick in, I think. I did 1-3 more reps on almost every exercise (except alternating dumbbell bicep curls, no idea why that one was still hard, lol).

I was VERY hungry post-workout. After finishing my normal post-workout meal, I was still hungry, so I added an extra 50 calories to my daily diet (100 grams of clementine oranges...so I'm assuming 50 calories of pretty much per carbohydrates). That helped.

--Also, even though I did my first leg day of the week yesterday, and I increased the weights used, I don't feel as much soreness as usual.

--Another comment that I wanted to make was that I don't "feel" an exercise as early in the set as before I started. It's hard to explain, but I don't feel the "pump" setting in as quickly. Maybe it's me...

I did, however, want to mention one thing:

My libido is the same (if not higher) than normal. However, sometimes I feel a numb / tingly feeling in my testicles. It is not painful, just an odd sensation. I've read that sometimes people report odd an odd sensation in their testicles while on a cycle, so perhaps this is what I am experiencing.

Tomorrow is an off day. So far, I am definitely liking the Halo Extreme. Thanks, IML!

Day 5:

Another training day. As I reported yesterday, my endurance was up...it's getting hard to say that it's all placebo, so the Halo Extreme is starting to kick in, I think. I did 1-3 more reps on almost every exercise (except alternating dumbbell bicep curls, no idea why that one was still hard, lol).

I was VERY hungry post-workout. After finishing my normal post-workout meal, I was still hungry, so I added an extra 50 calories to my daily diet (100 grams of clementine oranges...so I'm assuming 50 calories of pretty much per carbohydrates). That helped.

--Also, even though I did my first leg day of the week yesterday, and I increased the weights used, I don't feel as much soreness as usual.

--Another comment that I wanted to make was that I don't "feel" an exercise as early in the set as before I started. It's hard to explain, but I don't feel the "pump" setting in as quickly. Maybe it's me...

I did, however, want to mention one thing:

My libido is the same (if not higher) than normal. However, sometimes I feel a numb / tingly feeling in my testicles. It is not painful, just an odd sensation. I've read that sometimes people report odd an odd sensation in their testicles while on a cycle, so perhaps this is what I am experiencing.

Tomorrow is an off day. So far, I am definitely liking the Halo Extreme. Thanks, IML!
Perfectly normal; it's kicking in. :cool:

Perfectly normal; it's kicking in. :cool:

Haha, ok, good to know!

in for the ride

Thanks!

BTW: Once I increase the dose to 75 mg, what would be a good dosing protocol? I've heard of people taking 1 pill, 3 times per day, or 2 pills in the morning, and then 1 pill in the evening. I leaning towards 2 pills in the morning pre-workout, and then 1 later in the evening. Any input?

Haha, ok, good to know!

Thanks!

BTW: Once I increase the dose to 75 mg, what would be a good dosing protocol? I've heard of people taking 1 pill, 3 times per day, or 2 pills in the morning, and then 1 pill in the evening. I leaning towards 2 pills in the morning pre-workout, and then 1 later in the evening. Any input?
Yeah, two morning, 1 evening is good...makes it easier to take your Advanced Cycle Support 3-4 hrs separate from the PH.

Day 6:

Home bathroom scale weight: 183.2 / 183.4--not an "official" weigh-in, but it's up 3 pounds from the start of the week. I did increase my calories yesterday a bit, so some of it is probably muscle glycogen and water...but it's interesting to see that the scale has continuously gone up since the start.

Today was an off day. I was still more focused than usual, but I was a bit tired...maybe because it's Friday.

I increased my calories from carbohydrates by 50 for today, an off day (more sweet potato than usual). I was hungrier than usual (as has been the norm these past few days), so I listened to my body and gave it a bit more.

Maybe it's just me, but today I felt like my traps and rear delts may be slightly larger. My shoulders felt a bit different in my shirt today, like my shoulders were slightly bigger.

On a random note: I was watching a movie on my computer today when the screen went black because I hadn't moved the mouse in a long time. I was resting my arms on my head, so my biceps were slightly flexed; they looked slightly better than I remember them looking. Once again, maybe it's just me...

Day 6:

Home bathroom scale weight: 183.2 / 183.4--not an "official" weigh-in, but it's up 3 pounds from the start of the week. I did increase my calories yesterday a bit, so some of it is probably muscle glycogen and water...but it's interesting to see that the scale has continuously gone up since the start.

Today was an off day. I was still more focused than usual, but I was a bit tired...maybe because it's Friday.

I increased my calories from carbohydrates by 50 for today, an off day (more sweet potato than usual). I was hungrier than usual (as has been the norm these past few days), so I listened to my body and gave it a bit more.

Maybe it's just me, but today I felt like my traps and rear delts may be slightly larger. My shoulders felt a bit different in my shirt today, like my shoulders were slightly bigger.

On a random note: I was watching a movie on my computer today when the screen went black because I hadn't moved the mouse in a long time. I was resting my arms on my head, so my biceps were slightly flexed; they looked slightly better than I remember them looking. Once again, maybe it's just me...
My traps, shoulders, and forearms are always the first places I see a difference...usually within the first week. You're on the right track!

Day 7 (end of week 1)

Home scale: 182.4; Gym scale: 182.4

It's the end of the first week. My weight fluctuated up and down a bit, but overall, it's up.

Today was a training day, and I got 1-3 more reps this workout.

Tomorrow I am increasing the dosage to 75 mg.
I will also increase the taurine dosage to 3 grams per day (I've already been doing this for 2 days in preparation for the increase in Halo Extreme, but tomorrow I "oficially" increase my taurine dosage, lol.[

Aside from how my shirt feels, I looked in the mirror at the gym today, and it seemed like my traps and delts looked a bit bigger, but who knows...

I'm excited to see what the coming weeks / higher dosages bring.

My traps, shoulders, and forearms are always the first places I see a difference...usually within the first week. You're on the right track!

Thanks for bringing that up. I've noticed a difference in my forearms as well.

Day 8 (first day of Week 2):

As planned, today was my first day of 75 mg of Halo Extreme. I took 2 pills before my morning workout, and then 2 pills later with dinner. I will also be taking 3 grams of taurine from now until the end of the cycle, just in case.

Today was my first leg day #2 while on cycle. The increase in endurance was VERY noticeable on Squats, Leg Press, etc...basically every exercise. I increased the weight used on all exercises.

However, while I was working later on during the evening, I became extremely tired. It may have been because I had been sitting for a long time, and because I was getting frustrated with work, lol, but I had to really fight to keep my eyes open. This happens from time to time during work, so I don't think that it was a symptom of shutdown. After that moment of work passed, I was able to focus on the task at hand with good concentration, so it must have been a passing thing.

I still maintained the +50 carb calories on training days that I started last week.

Let's see what this week brings. I have some cardio / rest days planned, but then I should be hitting the weights again on Wednesday.

Day 8 (first day of Week 2):

As planned, today was my first day of 75 mg of Halo Extreme. I took 2 pills before my morning workout, and then 2 pills later with dinner. I will also be taking 3 grams of taurine from now until the end of the cycle, just in case.

Today was my first leg day #2 while on cycle. The increase in endurance was VERY noticeable on Squats, Leg Press, etc...basically every exercise. I increased the weight used on all exercises.

However, while I was working later on during the evening, I became extremely tired. It may have been because I had been sitting for a long time, and because I was getting frustrated with work, lol, but I had to really fight to keep my eyes open. This happens from time to time during work, so I don't think that it was a symptom of shutdown. After that moment of work passed, I was able to focus on the task at hand with good concentration, so it must have been a passing thing.

I still maintained the +50 carb calories on training days that I started last week.

Let's see what this week brings. I have some cardio / rest days planned, but then I should be hitting the weights again on Wednesday.
Do you mean two morn and ONE with dinner?

Do you mean two morn and ONE with dinner?

Yes, thank you for catching that.

FOR ANYONE PLANNING ON RUNNING THIS: What I wrote yesterday was an error. 75 mg=3 pills...so I took 2 in the morning, 1 with dinner.

Yes, thank you for catching that.

FOR ANYONE PLANNING ON RUNNING THIS: What I wrote yesterday was an error. 75 mg=3 pills...so I took 2 in the morning, 1 with dinner.
:cool:

Day 9

Gym scale: 183.3

Today was a cardio and abs day, so nothing really dramatic to report. However, my weighted ab exercises felt easier.

I was somewhat tired in the afternoon, but still very mentally focused.

I increased my cardio day calories by 50 more calories from carbs.

Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Day 10

An off day, so not much too report.

I increased my calories from carbohydrates by another 50, so now I am eating 100 calories from carbohydrates on off days more than when I started the cycle...and I'm still a bit hungry, lol.

Tomorrow (if the snow lets up), will be a training day. I'm ready to kill it.

Day 10

An off day, so not much too report.

I increased my calories from carbohydrates by another 50, so now I am eating 100 calories from carbohydrates on off days more than when I started the cycle...and I'm still a bit hungry, lol.

Tomorrow (if the snow lets up), will be a training day. I'm ready to kill it.
Stupid snow...this winter has sucked.

Day 11

Gym scale: 185.1

I wanted to weigh myself today because it was the same day in my workout split as the first time I weighed myself using the gym scale. On the 2nd day of the cycle, the gym scale put me at 181.0, if I'm not mistaken...and today 185.1...so 4 pounds in one week. I know that some of that is muscle glycogen and water, but I was happen nonetheless.

Today was a training day. This was the second time that I had this training day since starting the cycle, and there is a definite improvement.

I also wanted to point out that I am not experiencing any sort of aggression or anger. Today I had to wait 15-20 minutes to start my workout because some people were sitting on the benches in front of the big dumbbells while they curled 20 lb dumbbells...nothing irritates me more than people using light weights while sitting on benches in front of the heavy weights. However, I think that I actually felt a bit calmer than I would have felt normally.

Also, I increased my training day calories by 50 calories from carbs...so now on training days I am 100 calories from carbs over where I started.

Tomorrow is an off day.

Stupid snow...this winter has sucked.

I know, tell me about it. I'll be glad when it gets warm and stays warm.

Day 12

Home scale: 184.6

Today was an off day. I maintained the same calorie intake as my previous off day.

I feel like my pecs, lats, and forearms have all gotten bigger. The shirt that I wear at night is starting to fit me like it did before I went on a cut--only this time, my waist is staying the same size, and everything else is getting bigger.

It may just be me, but I feel like my quads are a bit bigger, too.

Also, I wanted to add that thus far, I have not noticed any acne or hair loss...no negative physical side effects of any kind.

Tomorrow is a training day. I am ready to smash it.

Day 12

Home scale: 184.6

Today was an off day. I maintained the same calorie intake as my previous off day.

I feel like my pecs, lats, and forearms have all gotten bigger. The shirt that I wear at night is starting to fit me like it did before I went on a cut--only this time, my waist is staying the same size, and everything else is getting bigger.

It may just be me, but I feel like my quads are a bit bigger, too.

Also, I wanted to add that thus far, I have not noticed any acne or hair loss...no negative physical side effects of any kind.

Tomorrow is a training day. I am ready to smash it.
Good stuff, man!

Day 13:

Gym Scale: 184.6

Today's workout was unbelievable. I was significantly stronger than last week. For instance:

Before the cycle, I had been doing dumbbell split squats with 70 lb dumbbells for 3 sets of 8. Today:

75 lbs, 8 reps
80 lbs, 8 reps
85 lbs, 8 reps

On top of that, I felt like I recovered much quicker between sets than usual. I was stronger on ALL of my exercises.

Last week a former competitive bodybuilder that I know said that I was looking a little more vascular, and today my friend (whom I hadn't seen in about a week) saw me and immediately commented that I was looking for vascular.

After my workout, I was ravenous. I increased my carbohydrates by 50 calories, and I increased my protein intake by 20 grams.

Like I said, I felt like a machine today.

Tomorrow is another training day, so I'm sure that it will be amazing.

Back