• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Halo Extreme at 17

xmattcoolx

Registered
Reaction score
Halo Extreme is one of the mildest/safest prohormones out. However, prohormones are frowned upon for minors. I'm 17, have been lifting for 2-3 years, have tried several types of workouts such as bulking, circuits, and crossfit. I weigh 180, but I want to get to around 195-200 by August for a position change in football (Switching from cb to inside linebacker) I'm one of the strongest on the team, I put on weight a little above average, and I could get to 185-190 without PHs but I have hit a plateau on my lifts and Im eating around 4,000 cal a day while doing 2-3 workouts a day (Weight lifting class 10:30-11:15, After school football WO 3-4, and after that is my college football workout at 6-7) I want to gain the weight quick without getting fat and slower because most people get slower with gaining weight. So if I took 1 Halo Extreme capsule a day (Female safe dose) for 4-6 Weeks would it be safe? It makes sense to take a lighter dose at a slightly younger age. I know all about PCTs and SERMs, I have taken protein, mass gainers, creatine, fish oil, multi, D-Aspartic Acid, and X- Factor, and the Original Jack3d formula so I have taken my doses of supps and I went from 135 lbs to 180 lbs since last June to now. So opinions or suggestions?

Your natural hormones are likely very good at this time. I would not use anything that could shut you down. I know you don't want to hear this but you are too young. Hire a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. It will be money well spent and you can always use PH's down the road brother.

I have no actual experience yet, so what do I know, but DO NOT run it at 17. Give it another couple years at least.

What are your lifts right now? Photos of current physique? No PH can overcome poor training or diet.

290 bench
340 Squat
375 DL
210 Power Clean
Weigh 180 5'9

I have been lifting solid and intense, I just really never get fatigued or sore anymore. I always either up the weight 5 lbs each exercise each week or I had 2 reps or add a set, but I have hit a plateau on a workout that everyone else is skyrocketting on which is frustrating.

Thank you, and I'm fine with hearing that I should not take them yet. I just have hit a plateau for the last month-2 months and cant seem to break it, even though I upped my calories to 4000 a day. Around 200g protein. Ill probably keep working through it, and hold off on the risk of PHs for now.

Have you ever done a creatine load? And I don't mean taking the 5 grams pre and post workout. At 180 lbs you could load with 30-35 grams A DAY for 10 days and maintain at 15-20 for another 4-5 weeks. You could actually maintain longer. I just like to come off again because of the strength gains I get from loading. Bet sure to drink A METRIC SHITTON of water if you're doing football drills AND lifting. Eat plenty of carbs too.

As someone who used to be a strength & conditioning coach for pro athletes I think I know what your problem is. You're young, have a super high metabolism and on top of that you're burning thousands of calories a day lifting AND doing football drills. Honestly I'd say you're easily burning over 4,000 cals a day if your offseason football program is anything like mine was. Of course we can't all play football in Texas! But you're way ahead of me. I never got over 155 senior year and didn't know anywhere near as much as you about diet and supps. You're already ahead of the curve.

You say you eat 4,000 a day. But what is your exact macro nutrient breakdown: grams protein, grams carbs, and grams of fat? I don't think it'd be insane to say your carbs need to be at least 600+ grams of low glycemic index carbs. You will be eating and shitting alot. The other thing I'd recommend that your probably aren't doing is eating junk food right before bed to slow your metabolism the fuck down. 2 or 3 big macs a night. And no, I'm not kidding. When you tell me more about your complete diet I can make you a full plan and I'm sure others here will have other good advice to input as well.

Side note: as a former strength&conditioning coach I have to say that speed kills. You should never stop doing your speed and conditioning work. Lifting is more fun, but your speed, conditioning, and agility is what's going to win games. Being a strong OLB or DB can't hurt you, but stronger does not always equal better in football, especially outside the trenches. NEVER forgo your speed/agility/conditioning so you can gain more weight. Are you trying to play at the next level? Have any offers yet?

The andro series are some of the mildest safest products out, not halo extreme. That said I wouldn't recommend those either. Ostarine could be an option, but it's not the best option as it can be mildly suppressive just like prohormones/steroids.

I agree with barbarians last statement.. I do cardiovascular activity year round whilst cutting or bulking. Also as barbarian stated, I used to eat some mad fast food back in highschool... for the calories, and in turn the energy. After practice a few times per week over the summer, or after school I would go to burger king and get a king sized fry, chocolate shake and a triple whopper with cheese. I was a little heavier than you in hs, playing guard and all, but at 6'1 220lbs I was one of the strongest in the nation, let alone my state - with a press over 400lbs at 18yo and a squat near 600. Doing all the strength and conditioning, you hardly need to worry of gaining any fat or losing any speed... my 40 time only decreased as I went up to 280lbs in college.

In addition to the fast food, I'd recommend

Creatine 10g
Beta Alanine 6g
Citrulline Malate 10g
Caffeine 300mg
Water 2 gallons+

Look at your training too. Swap up some exercises, pin point your weak spots and train to improve those. Use some band/chain work, etc.

Hammer in the calories and you will get strong. I've never had a problem gaining strength. Only problems I have naturally are gaining too much fat while bulking or getting below ~8% when cutting.

290 bench
340 Squat
375 DL
210 Power Clean
Weigh 180 5'9

I have been lifting solid and intense, I just really never get fatigued or sore anymore. I always either up the weight 5 lbs each exercise each week or I had 2 reps or add a set, but I have hit a plateau on a workout that everyone else is skyrocketting on which is frustrating.

Forgive me if someones already said it, but you are fucking jacked for a 17 year old.

Have you ever done a creatine load? And I don't mean taking the 5 grams pre and post workout. At 180 lbs you could load with 30-35 grams A DAY for 10 days and maintain at 15-20 for another 4-5 weeks. You could actually maintain longer. I just like to come off again because of the strength gains I get from loading. Bet sure to drink A METRIC SHITTON of water if you're doing football drills AND lifting. Eat plenty of carbs too.

As someone who used to be a strength & conditioning coach for pro athletes I think I know what your problem is. You're young, have a super high metabolism and on top of that you're burning thousands of calories a day lifting AND doing football drills. Honestly I'd say you're easily burning over 4,000 cals a day if your offseason football program is anything like mine was. Of course we can't all play football in Texas! But you're way ahead of me. I never got over 155 senior year and didn't know anywhere near as much as you about diet and supps. You're already ahead of the curve.

You say you eat 4,000 a day. But what is your exact macro nutrient breakdown: grams protein, grams carbs, and grams of fat? I don't think it'd be insane to say your carbs need to be at least 600+ grams of low glycemic index carbs. You will be eating and shitting alot. The other thing I'd recommend that your probably aren't doing is eating junk food right before bed to slow your metabolism the fuck down. 2 or 3 big macs a night. And no, I'm not kidding. When you tell me more about your complete diet I can make you a full plan and I'm sure others here will have other good advice to input as well.

Side note: as a former strength&conditioning coach I have to say that speed kills. You should never stop doing your speed and conditioning work. Lifting is more fun, but your speed, conditioning, and agility is what's going to win games. Being a strong OLB or DB can't hurt you, but stronger does not always equal better in football, especially outside the trenches. NEVER forgo your speed/agility/conditioning so you can gain more weight. Are you trying to play at the next level? Have any offers yet?
Wake up 6AM- oatmeal and milk, 250 CAL 12g protein, 50 carbs, and 5-10g fat.
8:30AM- School breakfast 400 CAL 20-30g protein, 100-150g carb, and 10-15g fat
10:30- School workout
11:30 Protein shake 600 CAL 25g protein, 3g carb, 2g fat Brown Rice and chicken 15g protein, 180 carb, 5g fat
12:30- School lunch 600 CAL 20-30g protein, 100-150 carb, 10-15g fat
3PM- After School workout lift
4PM- Conditioning/Running Protein shake after 180 CAL 25g protein, 3g carb, 2g fat
5-6PM?- College freshman workout
8PM Dinner- Milk, a meat, veggie, fruit 800-1000 CAL40-50g protein, 200 carb, 20-25g fat
10PM- Snack usually PB&J with Milk 300 CAL 25g protein, 150 Carb, 15-20g fat
Not counting the milk I drink throughout the day (about 6 more cups) Which adds up to like 600 Cal, 50-60g protein, 100-150 carb, 50-60g fat
I drink a gallon of water all throughout the day.
The only supplements Im taking now are Cytosport Complete Whey 5lbs tub, multivitamin, and melatonin and GABA before bed.
ALSO, I have never done the loading thing with creatine as far as the 20-30g a day, but I will look into that immediately because creatine has always been effective for me.

I do a lot of band bench and squats for football, I do close grip chain bench 2x a week.

I wouldn't worry about your bench for the most part right now. Just gain weight and your bench will go up with it.

Try max effort sets of 3. Constantly pyramid up in sets of three until you hit failure. Then go beyond. My strength blew up when I started doing triples.

Get that DL up asap though.

Wake up 6AM- oatmeal and milk, 250 CAL 12g protein, 50 carbs, and 5-10g fat.
8:30AM- School breakfast 400 CAL 20-30g protein, 100-150g carb, and 10-15g fat
10:30- School workout
11:30 Protein shake 600 CAL 25g protein, 3g carb, 2g fat Brown Rice and chicken 15g protein, 180 carb, 5g fat
12:30- School lunch 600 CAL 20-30g protein, 100-150 carb, 10-15g fat
3PM- After School workout lift
4PM- Conditioning/Running Protein shake after 180 CAL 25g protein, 3g carb, 2g fat
5-6PM?- College freshman workout
8PM Dinner- Milk, a meat, veggie, fruit 800-1000 CAL40-50g protein, 200 carb, 20-25g fat
10PM- Snack usually PB&J with Milk 300 CAL 25g protein, 150 Carb, 15-20g fat
Not counting the milk I drink throughout the day (about 6 more cups) Which adds up to like 600 Cal, 50-60g protein, 100-150 carb, 50-60g fat
I drink a gallon of water all throughout the day.
The only supplements Im taking now are Cytosport Complete Whey 5lbs tub, multivitamin, and melatonin and GABA before bed.
ALSO, I have never done the loading thing with creatine as far as the 20-30g a day, but I will look into that immediately because creatine has always been effective for me.

Creatine Load Calculator: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/creatine_calculator.htm

And all you need is regular creatine monohydrate. All the other types are marketing gimmicks in my experience.

I'm going to challenge you a little on your diet. It seems like you do pretty good throughout the day but two of the crucial times for getting nutrients in are right when you wake up and before bed. Like I suggested, before bed GO CRAZY on the junk food. Lean more towards fatty protein sources than sweets: burgers, ribs, meat lovers pizza, chicken wings, chicken fingers, etc. Now is your time to enjoy it! Because trust me you won't get to do this forever. All macro nutrient numbers are approximate"

*Keep drinking milk with every meal*

5 AM: Whey protein shake and banana then...GO BACK TO SLEEP. (If you not the type that can fall back asleep just wake up at 530-545 instead) 190 cals, 20g pro, 27g carb, 0g fat

6 AM: 2 cups of oatmeal, 4 whole eggs, 10 egg whites. 600 cal, 76g protein, 50g carbs, 24g fat

8:30: SAME

11:30: SAME

12:30: SAME

4:00: Whole chicken breast, 2 large sweet potatoes, assorted veggies or salad. 820 cal, 68g pro, 75g carbs, 4g fat

8:00: Same as 4'oclock meal

Before bed: 3 big macs OR any fast food "higher" in protein. 1716 cals, 78g protein, 141g carbs, 93g fat

Daily total (including 10 glasses skim milk):
CALORIES = 6330
PROTEIN = 460 grams
CARBS = 820 grams
FATS = 200 grams

Try this for at least 2 weeks and let me know. Your stomach and digestive system are going to hate you until you get used to it. You'll have to suck it up. How bad do you want to play football at the next level? I can't stress enough that if you start losing speed/agility/conditioning that the weight gain is NOT worth it. You are an ATHLETE. You aren't trying to be the most jacked guy in the gym yet. You have the rest of your retirement from sports to do that.

I wouldn't worry about your bench for the most part right now. Just gain weight and your bench will go up with it.

Try max effort sets of 3. Constantly pyramid up in sets of three until you hit failure. Then go beyond. My strength blew up when I started doing triples.

Get that DL up asap though.
Yeah our chest workout is 60% of 1rm 3x 70%3x 75%3x 85%3x 90% 3x and for my other workout its 6x8 55% 65% 65% 75% 80% 60% and I work a lot with dumbbells on incline and decline. My DL is low for now because I stopped and then started over and had to fix my form

Thanks a lot for that, I'm printing it now. And I want to play in college pretty bad, but we have won the last 4 state championships here in WV and I want that 5th in a row more than I want anything.

Honestly, I know how harmless they can seem, but the best thing you can do for now is just stay away from them. Train another year with proper nutrition and see where you get. 18-19 is still too soon, but it's at least better than 17 as your body slows way down on it's changes. Enjoy the gains at 17, they won't come again naturally like that.

Hire a personal trainer and/or a nutritionist. It will be money well spent and you can always use PH's down the road brother.

This is by far the best advise in this entire thread and for that matter it is the best advise anyone could possible give you at this point in time.

This is by far the best advise in this entire thread and for that matter it is the best advise anyone could possible give you at this point in time.

Word! I know it's a lot of money, but I like I said I used to train pro athletes and a lot of high school kids too. Even the poorer kids' parents (who were serious D-1 prospects) scraped together enough to get them to train at our facility 2-3x's a week. I'm sure your high school coaches know what they're doing for your offseason program, but as the saying goes "You get what you pay for". Having a strength and conditioning and nutrition programed tailored to YOUR needs is completely different than doing a program designed to improve the team as the whole. In the grand scheme of thing your coach could probably care less if your numbers go up as long as the team as a whole has its numbers go up in the offseason. Remember that.

Also make sure you get a PERFORMANCE nutritionist and not some old fart who does the meal plans at nursing homes for a living. I'm not saying they don't know their shit, but they aren't going to be familiar with your needs as an athlete.

Edit: Also, I've been curious what schools have been looking at you? WV is a helluva football state. I'm from Texas and a Texas A&M grad. I actually interned with the strength and conditioning for the football team one summer. I got to see Von Miller up close every day. I actually had a friend who smoked the good stuff with him in college, daily!

Delaware, sacred heart, new hampshire, buffalo,and Richmond. At D2 Alderson Broaddus, Kentucky State, and Kings PA.

Delaware, sacred heart, new hampshire, buffalo,and Richmond. At D2 Alderson Broaddus, Kentucky State, and Kings PA.

Nice, Buffalo has been a giant slayer when they're on their A game. The MAC is a really underrated conference.

Dude you're 17. I think you should wait until you're older before using pro-hormones or steroids.

I noticed the negative rep comment you left me lol. No, I was not patronizing. I am serious, you are already stronger than many people on the forum years older than you who are already using... (myself included). You've already got a good thing going!

Dang bro, did it show up negative? I swear I put approved on it lol my bad man, let me spread some reps then Ill rep you again when I can. But thanks man.

Back