• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Floyd Mayweather Stays Unbeaten with Tough Decision

ebfitness

Registered
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS -- Boxing's No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter Floyd Mayweather encountered one of his toughest fights but managed to hang on Saturday night and gain a majority decision against Marcos Maidana to become the WBA and WBC welterweight champion of the world.

"It was a tough fight, which is what the fans wanted to see," said the unbeaten Mayweather.

Judge Michael Pernick scored it 114-114, a draw. Bert Clements had it 117-111 and Dave Moretti score it 116-112 for Mayweather. The announcement was met by boos from some of the crowd. Maidana's camp had been so excited at the end that his handlers carried him around on their shoulders.

"If the fans want to see it again, let's do it again," Mayweather said.

Said Maidana, "I have to give him a rematch, because I won."

Maidana added that he thought Mayweather didn't fight like a man. "Other fighters respected him and didn't go toe-to toe with him like I did," he said.

Mayweather is now 46-0 with 26 KOs, while Maidana falls to 35-4 with 31 KOs.

Too bad i missed it... I saw the "highlights" on ESPN.. but thats about it...

The fight really was not amazing to watch.

Maidana attacked him the entire fight w just shitty punches, throwing wild, swimming like punches..I have to give him credit though bc he threw close to 900 punches..with a horrific percentage of something like 15%..

BUT, this something Mayweather did not know how to handle..It took him out of his element for sure. He did not know what to do..and he wasn't able to be precision like to the degree he needed to be.

If this was 2 new fighters, Maidana would have gotten the win. To take a belt from someone you have to have a convincing defeat..and Maidana did not convincingly beat him.

It was a split decision..if you saw Mayweather's face when they announced it..he was more scared then any boxer I have ever seen...They said, announcing "the NEW champion". He looked like a kid about to cry..lost all confidence. Then they called his name..and he was stunned.

He knew he only won for the fact he was champ.

Overall the entire card didn't make me happy. It was "ok" to watch..but not exciting at all IMO.

Back