• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Nutrition and Lifting Advice

Howarth17

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just ordered the M-Sten stack (m-sten, 4-andro). I'm going to do the 8 week cycle (4 on, 4 PCT). This will be my second cycle. My first one was just p-mag. Experienced some nice strength and size gains, but I felt I didn't go at it as well as I should have.

Anyway, I'm currently at college with an unlimited and all you can eat buffet style cafeteria. I was reading through Adrenolin's sticky on how to get the most out of your cycle: 1.5g protein per pound of LBM and 2-2.5 grams of complex carbs per pound of LBM. I can't really track everything being in the school's cafeteria. Now I can get all the grilled chicken I want hear but I dread the taste. They usually have wheat pasta and sometimes rice, but more white than brown. Should I just eat everything "clean" as much as I can? I mean I'm 6'2 and 195 so I feel I can handle a pretty decent amount of food without getting too fat but I don't want to be under eating either. Also will just eating a couple of scrambled eggs for breakfast and occasionally cottage cheese for a snack keep me good for my fat minimums?

Also for training... I've heard so many different takes on it. Higher reps are better for hypertrophy, lower is more strength. And I should keep my reps in the 8-12 range. What are your guys' takes on training? Anyone have any good routines I can follow? I'd prefer size more than strength during my cycle if that helps any.

I've been doing the BUFF dudes 12 weeks program but I'm not sure if thats intense enough. If it were up to me I'd be at the gym all day but I haven't found any programs that follow that same mentality!

Have you calculated your TDEE?

If not, calculate your TDEE/macros and try to track your food as best as possible. You'll have more successful results.

If you don't know your TDEE and the % above it you're in on your surplus, you won't know where you stand as far as getting in your daily minimum macros/micros and the correct caloric intake for the day to support your bulk weight goal.

It will be a guessing game though the calculated TDEE is a guesstimate, a starting point however it's better than not knowing the days calories/macros totals.

Eating "clean" doesn't determine weight loss or gain, the amount above or below you're TDEE does.

Good luck with your cycle.

Last edited:
How big of a surplus can I go on cycle? I'm guessing more than the usual 10% or so.

I can only comment non cycle nutrition which I know well however I'm sure on cycle you'd probably want higher than 10%.

I'm on a DMZ 3.0 cycle now day 20 and I'm doing 20% above my TDEE cause it's such a short cycle. I'm gaining fast but keeping the fat kinda minimum. It is kinda amazing the way there are days I wake up really lean like I didn't eat the day before, I'd imagine this is the re-distribution of the food going to build muscle now.

On a non cycle bulk I'd eat only 10% over TDEE to keep fat minimized. You are way taller and leaner stats than I began at so you probably would handle 20% over your TDEE well bro.

Kinda felt just like not counting at all on cycle but I do wanna do it right. It's a short time and I could lower intake if needed.

Set an amount, monitor your weight, clothes, etc in a week or two and adjust accordingly. I adjusted my intake the other day, I felt 20% for me was bit much, it's all individualized and of course you're 6 2" and I'm 5 8" so that's a factor.

Haha same! My first time through I really didn't know I was increasing my protein synthesis so I probably wasn't eating enough protein as I should have been. However now I'm gonna go ham on the protein and carbs and keep the fats kind of low, not to drastic though.

During my last PCT I was maintaining. Weight on like 4k calories lol, was at about 200/205. I just don't wanna be that weird kid in the cafe with the food scale haha

Haha same! My first time through I really didn't know I was increasing my protein synthesis so I probably wasn't eating enough protein as I should have been. However now I'm gonna go ham on the protein and carbs and keep the fats kind of low, not to drastic though.

During my last PCT I was maintaining. Weight on like 4k calories lol, was at about 200/205. I just don't wanna be that weird kid in the cafe with the food scale haha
You could weigh your stuff ONCE and be done. No need to have the scale make too many appearances lol.

Then you'll know what that weighs......

....or if counting is totally outta the question, I'd estimate what you eat and count that in. If your diet remains the same and gaining too fast you could just eliminate some food etc. It's only a month so not much time really to adjust things.

Yea don't go too low on fats, you need those for bodily functions like testosterone but we all know what's gonna happen to that! Adios natty test.

Haha I just ordered msten too, gonna extend my DMZ run to 6 weeks.

Have to correct your cycle time I wrote of above, yours is 8 I just read. I wrote a month.

Your gonna take time off from your dmz to Msten right?? I know maybe just weigh once but you never know if like every serving will be the same. It's just another kid the same as me serving me. But yeah I guess best I can do is guesstimate.

Your gonna take time off from your dmz to Msten right?? I know maybe just weigh once but you never know if like every serving will be the same. It's just another kid the same as me serving me. But yeah I guess best I can do is guesstimate.
No, I wasn't going to take time off, just when the DMZ ends, I'll start Msten the next day@ 20mg/day for two weeks. It's way less potent than the DMZ as Msten, DMZ and alpha one are in that, total 60mg dose daily vs 20mg Msten alone. My labs were all good other day so I figured to go 2 weeks more but with a way less potent/toxic amount. Don't think there will be a problem, might just do one week depending on how I feel.

True about the servings not all being equal, just do your best to try to estimate. I'm so anal with my food tracking, cutting and bulking#s and doing it so long, I don't even write things down on cuts as I kinda keep the food the same daily, boring but way easy to track. On bulks I get into more writing and tracking things cause I'm more on top of it cause of the dreaded fat gains that I try to minimize by sloooowww bulking. Being short like me a small gain of lbs can look way fat compared to taller guys like yourself.

I've learned I have to keep my weight range to a certain amount, can't get to like 190 lbs being this short. Maybe if I cycled 365 days I could. Lol.

Last edited:
My biggest problem in college was that I ate whatever I wanted in that buffet style dining... which was awesome then, but sucked more that i think of it...

Worst case scenario, over compensate in your plan... especially with fat.... cause they do not go EASY on the oil when cooking the stuuff...

As for carbs, I used to use toast/bagel for breakfast and rice/pasta for luinch/dinner... but its HARD to pass on the pizza bar or french fries...

Stay determined to your goal and dont let anything stop you!

Anyone have anything to say about training?

I feel like my best workouts come from when I head to the gym without a plan. I just pick a weight and do reps til I can't do anymore. If I get more than like 12 I'll increase until I can barely get 8 or so. Then do 4 sets and do maybe 3 or 4 exercises per muscle group. I usually try to keep logs of my weight and everything but I always feel as if I'm not going as all out as I should.

If the effect from your cycle is anything like mine you'll have to make yourself get outta the gym. Lol.

There may be lethargy from my cycle but one place it's not happening at is when I get to the gym.

Yesterday I lost track of it all and did like 2 days of my split in one. I counted 44 sets about today. Elbow was starting to hurt so that was what made me get out, that and it was getting dark. Lol.

Your best workouts may be without a plan. I try to plan mine but the strength/endurance is insane at the gym on this cycle.

Taking three days off and resting elbow and the rest of the body :D

If the effect from your cycle is anything like mine you'll have to make yourself get outta the gym. Lol.

There may be lethargy from my cycle but one place it's not happening at is when I get to the gym.

Yesterday I lost track of it all and did like 2 days of my split in one. I counted 44 sets about today. Elbow was starting to hurt so that was what made me get out, that and it was getting dark. Lol.

Your best workouts may be without a plan. I try to plan mine but the strength/endurance is insane at the gym on this cycle.

Taking three days off and resting elbow and the rest of the body :D

The best way to lift is to go to the gym... and get at it! You dont NEED a plan, cause itll probably get broken anyways (due to other ppl)...

Just go and focus more on your weak points... and "Dont be a pussy..."

By that I mean, "I am tired and don't feel like it." ... or .... " Well I lifted hard the other day, so i dont need to today"...

Screw that... Get after it... if you want it... you can disregard the prior statements... if u are on the fence... then apply the above statements!

True. I don't use a set plan, I just don't work on the same bodyparts if I feel they aren't recovered enough. It's never the same workout. I set out to destroy a certain muscle group/groups but it's not the same ever, depends what I feel it needs that day. Exercises are always different and unplanned and yes as you say, focused on the weak areas :D

Back