• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

When is the deadline

getbig2013

Registered
Reaction score
Just bought 6 bottles and was telling one of my buddies what was going on and he is planning on stocking up as well, but he doesn't get paid till the day after christmas. Will he still be able to get it or will it be banned by then?

Obama has this week to sign the bill. The day its signed the sale will be over. If its not signed this week the sale will also be over.

I would buy ASAP

Thank you!

Now, I'm no expert here, but I'm wondering if this bill, like most bills is dated for effect Jan 1 2015, after its signed?

I know usually when the Pres signs a bill into law at the end of the year like this the law often doesn't go into effect until the 1st of the new year. This is the case for example with the zany health care laws Obama signed into law. Most did not take effect immediately, in fact some are still pending, even though signed into law.

If the President doesn't sign the bill within the 10 required days, it'll still become law, again on the effect date as long as he doesn't return it to congress and congress remains in session.

However if the President fails to sign the bill for some reason over the next 6 or 7 days (now, was 10) and doesn't return it to congress (veto) BUT congress adjourns during the 10 days (which with Christmas is possible) then the bill does NOT become law. This is known as a "pocket veto".

So if he doesn't sign for whatever reason and congress goes home for Christmas vacation, then the bill just got pocket vetoed (basically vetoed out of neglect)

Now I'm not sure on this bill, I haven't read it all but its possible that it wont' go into effect until Jan 1st of 2015 unless someone has information that shows it has no start date and is scheduled to go into immediate effect.

One would think with our economy in the miserable state of affairs that it is in, ...the LAST thing our government would be doing is shutting down an entire multimillion dollar industry.

Think of all the lost revenue that would be pumped back into the private sector and the government (in business and personal income tax for example), just all the carriers losing the shipping on it.... I mean, the peripheral supporting businesses losing, the ones making the bottles, the ones making the cotton to go in the bottles, the carriers, etc.

So in a bad economy, when we desperately need thriving businesses to pump cash back into the public and private sector, .....our Congress's plan is to shut down an entire industry.

What a smart fiscal move, ...huh?

There is no “grace period” in the bill, so that if signed by the President the new law will become effective immediately.

Wow, talk about kicking business in the kneecaps.

This oughta really help the economy.... getting all that nasty revenue out of it......i mean, ....I'm sure Paypal is glad to lose all the revenue, all those transaction fees, ....Visa losing all those transaction fees, ...UPS, USPS....FedEx..losing all those deliveries....

wow....smart move.

Amazon too, Amazon's been selling and delivering them, for years now. There's more revenue for big business, gone away.

Yup, smartest fiscal policy decision I've seen in a long time.

Back