• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Big Guy In Need of Some Big Help

erabbit33

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I am new to this whole forum thing so I apologize if I ramble on a bit too long. Here's my situation, I am 6'10 and weigh roughly 300lbs. Played sports in college and in peak shape I was ripped and about 60lbs less. Up until about two years ago I was hovering around 260lbs while still working out a few days a week. Since then I have been working nonstop to pay for a wedding, a house and pay of 30k in credit card debt between me and the future Mrs. I also recently began a masters degree in hopes of a career change in further overextending myself. In the last two years I have gone from looking presentable to looking "fluffy" as my future wife recently told me. My question is, how the fuck do you guys do it? I am at my first job by 7AM and don't get home regularly until 730-8PM. Then I have to work on my coursework for my masters program and I don't go to bed until 11-1130PM. Leaving me with zero time to workout unless I get up at 3AM.

I guess my question is what would anyone recommend I do? For the most part working out one day a week for the last two years has gotten me to the point where I am 300lbs and completely out of shape. I am going to have to make the time to workout, but would anyone in my position just go for broke and try to lose to weight and build my fat ass back up from there or what? Sorry for rambling and I am hoping someone can offer some sort of advice.

Avoid eating carbs as much as possible. That will cause you to lose weight, as well as mediate some of the stress hormones your body bis surely pumping out as a result of your hectic lifestyle. The other thing I would say is no never take the approach of "lose weight, then build up". That is like trying to make your car faster by ignoring engine work at first and just trying to make the car lighter. That engine hols 10x more potential for speed increases than the weight of the car. In other words, building muscle will burn more fat, especially in the long run, that just "trying to lose weight" ever will. The latter will make you lighter, but not much leaner, and slow down you metabolism. For these reasons, if you find time to train it should be both cardio and weights, with a heavy focus on weights.

Id drop as much weight as possible. Workout when you can.

Diet is going to be 100% the issue. Exercise has to be made a priority. If you can't make time to be in shape, you can't be in shape.

I know myself and alot of guys have hectic schedules. Maybe not as hectic as yours, but also insane. I can only go 2-3x per week right now. This is when my diet has to be proper 100% of the time. When I am training 4-5x per week I have more room for error.

It comes down to Will Power and Structure. Structure your diet, make a plan to exercise, even if you have to wake up 30mins ED. It might stretch you out thin at first, but as you get in better shape, you will have better energy to get away with it.

Good luck, it's certainly not easy.

Back