• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Tami Jackson Fitnbuf journal...Goals are dreams with deadlines.

Fitnbuf

Registered
Reaction score
Upon my recent return to the gym I shall begin my journal to share my path. The good, the bad and the ugly, I will spill it all! I hope you stay tuned as this ride will be bumpy but worth it! LOL

Short term goal is to get my lift back to it was before my injury. Right now I am down an average of 15 - 20lbs on my strength.

Long term goal is to return to the stage in 2013.

here ....... we......... goooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Good luck and if you need any help, we are here for you!

Thanks guys...sorry Been absent. 15 hr work days killed my schedule ... Back to normal hours now. Found an excellent coach who works with my 3rd shift schedule and who is positive and always available which is great and hard to find.

I plan to run my first cycle of Osta soon so I will be adding my experience with that on here as well as my FB page. www.facebook.com/athletefitnbuf

Really excited about this year. Although I need additional surgeries on my foot, I refuse to have them continue to take it apart so I am left with working through pain. I have been practicing walking again in heels. Although still very painful I can walk gracefully again without looking like Im sneaking ;) I have to work on faking a smile through the pain though.

My lift is up a lot. I did make some gains that I cannot wait to reveal as I lean back out!!

The cool air of the snow today will help my recovery from Leg Day!!!

Todays worksheet...cant wait

4abamu6e.jpg

Like me... www.facebook.com/athletefitnbuf

My coach switched things up a bit...

ena8y7ab.jpg

Hey there. I'm only one week in. After that vid I started working 84hrs a week. My schedule just got back to normal and OSTA is my first order of business.

So far I am feeling good in the gym. I wasn't sure if I could stack with my Pyro and or Maximum Pump. What are your thoughts there Heavy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey there. I'm only one week in. After that vid I started working 84hrs a week. My schedule just got back to normal and OSTA is my first order of business.

So far I am feeling good in the gym. I wasn't sure if I could stack with my Pyro and or Maximum Pump. What are your thoughts there Heavy?

I'm no Heavy, but Osta is completely stackable! :)

Osta Rx may be stacked with Max Pump or Pyro. If you decide to use both Max Pump and Pyro you may want to take them at alternating times as both contain stimulants.

Example

1 cap Pyro and 1 cap Osta Rx AM

1 scoop Max Pump and 1 cap Osta Rx PM pre-training

Let us know how it goes.

Osta Rx may be stacked with Max Pump or Pyro. If you decide to use both Max Pump and Pyro you may want to take them at alternating times as both contain stimulants.

Example

1 cap Pyro and 1 cap Osta Rx AM

1 scoop Max Pump and 1 cap Osta Rx PM pre-training

Let us know how it goes.

Makes complete sense. Thank you for mapping it out for me. It helps a lot :)

My diet doesn't change much but I may switch up the chicken to tilapia or the carbs between quinoa or rolled oats but this is a typical day for me. I am ol skol and journal by hand. Tried the digital way and its just not the same for me mentally (self proclaimed weirdo ;) )

Another side note is I work 3rd shift so my meal times are opposite then day people. This was really hard to get used to at first when planning my meal times. I train around 10am (which is around 6/7pm for day folks) and go to bed about 1:30pm/2:00pm.

Heres a quick look into my journal:

nyhajy6e.jpg

My diet doesn't change much but I may switch up the chicken to tilapia or the carbs between quinoa or rolled oats but this is a typical day for me. I am ol skol and journal by hand. Tried the digital way and its just not the same for me mentally (self proclaimed weirdo ;) )

Another side note is I work 3rd shift so my meal times are opposite then day people. This was really hard to get used to at first when planning my meal times. I train around 10am (which is around 6/7pm for day folks) and go to bed about 1:30pm/2:00pm.

Heres a quick look into my journal:

nyhajy6e.jpg
I'm a hand-written guy, myself. My client schedule, my cycles, my daily cals...Ivana thinks she lives with Rain Man. :rolleyes:

I'm a hand-written guy, myself. My client schedule, my cycles, my daily cals...Ivana thinks she lives with Rain Man. :rolleyes:

LOL. I can totally relate. Rain Man or not. still feels like the most efficient way :)

Okay. Well I am a week and a half in and I feel sooooo energetic. Which is important for me since it is difficult to get good sleep on this shift. As spring approaches Colorado it always seems as though people have an extreme loss of hearing and must blast car stereos just to hear it. I dont feel comfortable with earplugs in case my kiddos call me so the daily outside noises are a sleep disrupter.

I dont find that I am doing less in the gym because of sleep deprivation. Excited about that. My lift feels strong and I am grateful my coach is not huge on cardio. He designs the fat loss in the weight training. I am only required to hit about 30 minutes a day which is great since I don't enjoy it.

My hubby never fails to tell me when he sees changes but since I know he is sweet and bias I focus on my unforgiving jeans. They are SAGGY!!! Whoot whoot!!

:)

Okay. Well I am a week and a half in and I feel sooooo energetic. Which is important for me since it is difficult to get good sleep on this shift. As spring approaches Colorado it always seems as though people have an extreme loss of hearing and must blast car stereos just to hear it. I dont feel comfortable with earplugs in case my kiddos call me so the daily outside noises are a sleep disrupter.

I dont find that I am doing less in the gym because of sleep deprivation. Excited about that. My lift feels strong and I am grateful my coach is not huge on cardio. He designs the fat loss in the weight training. I am only required to hit about 30 minutes a day which is great since I don't enjoy it.

My hubby never fails to tell me when he sees changes but since I know he is sweet and bias I focus on my unforgiving jeans. They are SAGGY!!! Whoot whoot!!

:)
Nice!

Looks like I can post again. Technical difficulties.

Feeling tremendous in the gym. Osta is really agreeing with my body. Although I am struggling with sleep this week (due to working 14 hrs per day this week only) I still feel good throwing weigh around. I love my coach. He's a firm believer in lifting heavy for 90% of my gym time. He is not pushing a ton of cardio on me which is awesome.

Anyone have recommendations on a good way to speed up the recovery process? I find I am super sore especially when I train biceps. My forearm and bicep gets really tender and inflamed close to my elbow. Normally struggle to straighten my arm for 48hrs post arm day.

The forearm pain MIGHT be from the weakness in my grip. I struggle with my grip from years typing. The severity depends on the day. On my worst days I cannot twist open my coffee mug lid. Pretty pathetic when my hubby or teenage sons have to open my coffee mug for me.

I am just reaching for straws really on the reason I am so sore in my forearms tho.

2e2amypy.jpg

Today I train shoulders. This is a body part that I need some growth to look polished in my package so I do this routine 2x a wk

No change in diet thus far

y5yrupev.jpg

Looks like I can post again. Technical difficulties.

Feeling tremendous in the gym. Osta is really agreeing with my body. Although I am struggling with sleep this week (due to working 14 hrs per day this week only) I still feel good throwing weigh around. I love my coach. He's a firm believer in lifting heavy for 90% of my gym time. He is not pushing a ton of cardio on me which is awesome.

Anyone have recommendations on a good way to speed up the recovery process? I find I am super sore especially when I train biceps. My forearm and bicep gets really tender and inflamed close to my elbow. Normally struggle to straighten my arm for 48hrs post arm day.

The forearm pain MIGHT be from the weakness in my grip. I struggle with my grip from years typing. The severity depends on the day. On my worst days I cannot twist open my coffee mug lid. Pretty pathetic when my hubby or teenage sons have to open my coffee mug for me.

I am just reaching for straws really on the reason I am so sore in my forearms tho.

2e2amypy.jpg
With the ingredients in Max Pump, Complete Protein, Osta, Essence, and Flex (which I know you take) you're getting enough supplement wise for recovery. The only other thing I can recommend would be to focus on stretching the affected area. A great stretch for you, that would also improve your grip, would be simply hanging from a pull up bar at the end of your workouts.

With the ingredients in Max Pump, Complete Protein, Osta, Essence, and Flex (which I know you take) you're getting enough supplement wise for recovery. The only other thing I can recommend would be to focus on stretching the affected area. A great stretch for you, that would also improve your grip, would be simply hanging from a pull up bar at the end of your workouts.

Thank you EB. I will try that for sure. Sounds like that stretch would feel sooooo good! :)

I wanted to update my log. So far the Otsa and my body is in a good marriage. I feel great and my coach has already indicated that he sees me leaner. The scale has not moved but my body composition is changing which is exactly what I want. My first time on stage I had very little muscle and my main goal has been to gain more muscle, especially shoulders. I have the perfect body for the 80’s fashion…shoulder pads were in everything back then. Blouses, blazers etc. LOL. Right now I am trying to develop natural shoulder pads ;)

My coach has me doing many single movements and the intensity and pump I get from it is amazing! A good example is the seated cable side laterals I used to do the machine with both arms together. He has me doing both til failure then singles til failure. I feel the my muscles engage fully. Its so intense.

I wanted to update my log. So far the Otsa and my body is in a good marriage. I feel great and my coach has already indicated that he sees me leaner. The scale has not moved but my body composition is changing which is exactly what I want. My first time on stage I had very little muscle and my main goal has been to gain more muscle, especially shoulders. I have the perfect body for the 80’s fashion…shoulder pads were in everything back then. Blouses, blazers etc. LOL. Right now I am trying to develop natural shoulder pads ;)

My coach has me doing many single movements and the intensity and pump I get from it is amazing! A good example is the seated cable side laterals I used to do the machine with both arms together. He has me doing both til failure then singles til failure. I feel the my muscles engage fully. Its so intense.
Yup, isolation movements really help form the mind-muscle connection...good stuff!

I wanted to post an update…generally everything is going well. I have been stretching out for my grip issues like EB suggested and I think it is helping. My recovery time is better now and not as unbearable. I can at least grasp objects after training arms which is an improvement. Coincidently there was a discussion relevant to this subject on Super Human Radio regarding improvement of grip and decrease the pain from the elbow to the wrist. One suggestion was to repeatedly twist water out of a drenched towel. I just started this to assist with strengthening that area. It hurts but working through the pain. Another suggestion was exactly the stretching technique that EB recommended. The third was to use grippers that you squeeze. I will buy grippers as a last resort.

I still have fluff but now when I flex my back I am seeing some bumps pop out…I think I even turn a little green…Happy to see the little hulk diva start to emerge from within! I continue towards my goal, with the guidance from my coach hoping to get there in 18 weeks!

I have had ZERO issues with Osta! ZERO side effects, except for the side effect of feeling AWESOME! Osta has been a great addition to my supplement plan. Highly recommend

I wanted to post an update…generally everything is going well. I have been stretching out for my grip issues like EB suggested and I think it is helping. My recovery time is better now and not as unbearable. I can at least grasp objects after training arms which is an improvement. Coincidently there was a discussion relevant to this subject on Super Human Radio regarding improvement of grip and decrease the pain from the elbow to the wrist. One suggestion was to repeatedly twist water out of a drenched towel. I just started this to assist with strengthening that area. It hurts but working through the pain. Another suggestion was exactly the stretching technique that EB recommended. The third was to use grippers that you squeeze. I will buy grippers as a last resort.

I still have fluff but now when I flex my back I am seeing some bumps pop out…I think I even turn a little green…Happy to see the little hulk diva start to emerge from within! I continue towards my goal, with the guidance from my coach hoping to get there in 18 weeks!

I have had ZERO issues with Osta! ZERO side effects, except for the side effect of feeling AWESOME! Osta has been a great addition to my supplement plan. Highly recommend
Nice! Keep at it!

Flex Friday Peeps!!!!

Not a huge update. Super tired and ready for my Friday to end!

gu8uhy2u.jpg

Back