• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Steele's training log

steelestrong

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I hope you're all doing great.

I've been on this forum for a little over a month now, and although I don't post a lot, I've done enough lurking. And I must say that it's always nice to have something new to learn.

So.. I've kind of always wanted to keep a log for my workouts but never had the time and opportunity to do so because of the things that keep me (terribly) busy. I've thought of starting out my own blog, but that was too much work for me; and well, thought of writing it down on a journal, but like I said, I get too busy sometimes - and who seriously still writes on a journal nowadays? LOL. I mean maybe there are still some, but def not me. :p

Anyways, enough blabbing. Haha. I'm gonna post this thread up on here to keep track of my workouts/diet, and hopefully see the results that I want soon.

For starters, I'll type down my stats and goals.

Stats:

Female in her 20's
Height: 5'8 1/2"
Weight: 171 lbs
BF %: 30
Goals: To drop weight and body fat

For my diet, I don't count calories anymore, I find it too much of a work for me so I just stick to a low carb, high protein diet. Daily meals would include a good portion of protein (poultry/fish/beef, not really much of a pork person) and some carbs but in minimal amounts. No refined carbs either. Supplement wise - I'm not really taking anything at the moment. I did in the past but I think it didn't work quite well for me. I guess I'll say I'm still in search for 'the one.' So yeah, I'm open for suggestions! Anything that helps with fat burning and weight loss.

Alright, that is all for now. Hopefully I get to update this log from time to time! *fingers crossed*

Hey again, all.

Glad to see that my log has been posted up so here's an update for today's workout:

It's Monday so I just did some cardio in the morning before hitting work:

5 minutes jump rope (warm up)
5x30 second battling ropes
5x30 second battling ropes x burpees
20x5 burpees
20x5 squat jumps

20x5 wall balls
20x5 plank jacks
20x5 tuck jumps
20x5 high knees
20x5 skater plyo
20x5 mountain climbers

This set is definitely one of the workouts that I enjoy doing. I just feel the burn right after the workout.

Btw, still looking for pre workout/post workout supplements, so for now I just snack on a banana before a workout and chug on some low carb gatorade after. During my workouts I just do water, though. :)

That's all for today.

Til the next workout,
Steele

Scroll through the supplements/products section on the Ironmaglabs.com home page to see what products appeal to you...and feel free to ask questions here! ebfitness15 for your discount code whenever you need anything!

Scroll through the supplements/products section on the Ironmaglabs.com home page to see what products appeal to you...and feel free to ask questions here! ebfitness15 for your discount code whenever you need anything!

Thanks! Will definitely check that out and I'll let you guys know my choices so you can help me with deciding which ones to use :)

Update:

Okay so here is today's workout, been awfully busy but I was able to squeeze in some leg workout today:

[FONT=&quot]30 mins run on the treadmill[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 body weight squats[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 jump squats[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 body weight lunges[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 leg extensions -40lbs, increased by 10 after ea set[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 calf press - 40lbs, increased by 10 after ea set[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 seated leg curls - 40lbs, increased by 10 after ea set[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 barbell squats - 50lbs, increased by 10 after ea set[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x20 leg press -1st set at 100lbs; 110lbs;130lbs)

--

Still doing my research on supps and I'll post up some of the stuff that I find for you guys to see and share your opinions too.

Thanks again and til the next workout!

Steele x[/FONT]

Hey guys.

Okay so last week I did a little browsing on the forum's supplement shop, and on some other supplement sites as well. I found a few that caught my attention, but I'm not yet sure which ones to get, so I'm writing them down here. Hopefully you guys can check it out and let me know your opinions. I'm not really a pro with supps so I do need insights on this.

Here are the ones that I found:

http://www.ironmaglabs.com/product/shed/

http://www.gnc.com/Applied-Nutrition-Green-Tea-Triple-Fat-Burner/product.jsp?productId=11628440

https://supplementreviews.com/nutrabio/classic-whey-1

The first two seem like a really good pre-workout, the third one is a post workout supp. I've never taken whey before, so I'm not sure how that will affect my workouts, given my goals (which is fat loss.) A little worried that if I take whey, I might gain weight? Again, not a pro at this kind of things so I do need opinions on this. Haha.

Well, any ideas or information you guys are willing to share with me are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Talk soon :)

I can only speak for IML products since this is the IML forum; that first product is a diuretic product (water loss). If you're looking for fat burning/pre-workout product, check out our LeanFuel Extreme (my female clients love it). And if you're looking for a protein supplement, we carry a Whey Protein and a Complete Protein (protein blend). Whey will digest fast which is perfect post workout and Complete Protein will digest slower which is perfect for fuel taken a half hour pre workout or as a snack between meals. You won't gain fat from protein powder, just track the calories like you would with anything else. :) ebfitness15 for your discount code whenever you need anything!

I can only speak for IML products since this is the IML forum; that first product is a diuretic product (water loss). If you're looking for fat burning/pre-workout product, check out our LeanFuel Extreme (my female clients love it). And if you're looking for a protein supplement, we carry a Whey Protein and a Complete Protein (protein blend). Whey will digest fast which is perfect post workout and Complete Protein will digest slower which is perfect for fuel taken a half hour pre workout or as a snack between meals. You won't gain fat from protein powder, just track the calories like you would with anything else. :) ebfitness15 for your discount code whenever you need anything!

Hey! Thanks for your response, I will check those products out. So far I think I'm doing alright without the supps, but I'm still thinking about taking them so still on the search for the perfect ones :)

Okay so here is today's workout, did arms/shoulder - pasting this from my
phone because I'm too lazy to retype everything again so yeah. Lol

dumbbells:
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb bicep curls
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb tricep curls
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb alt bi curls
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb alt tri curls
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb around the world
4 sets by 15 reps 5lb reverse around the world
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb military press
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb lateral raises
4 sets
by 15 reps 5lb alt shoulder press

barbell:
4 sets by 15 10lb bicep curls

Post lift cardio: 20 minutes stationary bike

I like Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) I use them while I am working out. I like to put them in a sport drink and sip between exercise. I feel to preserve muscle they are especially useful in a caloric deficit diet to preserve muscle. I may check out lean fuel later in the spring, since the hardest part of loosing fat for me is diet discipline. The cravings kill me that is when a supplement that curbs apatite may work.

I like Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) I use them while I am working out. I like to put them in a sport drink and sip between exercise. I feel to preserve muscle they are especially useful in a caloric deficit diet to preserve muscle. I may check out lean fuel later in the spring, since the hardest part of loosing fat for me is diet discipline. The cravings kill me that is when a supplement that curbs apatite may work.
Agreed

Heard (and read) a lot of good stuff about BCAAs. I guess I'm gonna have to try them out soon!

20 minutes stationary bike
15x3 20lb kettlebell squats
15x3 20lb closed leg kettlebell squats
15x3 20lb kettlebell sumo squats
15x3 20lb walking lunges
15x3 60lb leg curls
15x3 60lb leg extensions
15x3 60lb leg curl extensions

Started the year with a set of cardio:

25 burpees
25 jumping jacks
25 jump squats
25 seal jacks
25 ventral jacks
25 mountain climbers

30 seconds rest in between sets, set of 5.

500 counts of jump rope
15 minutes stationary bike

--

PS,

Happy New Year! :)

I wasn't feeling very well when I got to the gym, but I wanted to get a workout down so here it is:

15x3 45lb wide grip lat pull down
15x3 45lb close grip lat pull down
15x3 45lb rowing machine

15 3lb dumbbell curls
15 5lb dumbbell curls
15 8lb dumbbell curls
15 3lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 5lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 8lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 3lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 5lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 8lb dumbbell triceps extension

5 minutes stationary bike

I wasn't feeling very well when I got to the gym, but I wanted to get a workout down so here it is:

15x3 45lb wide grip lat pull down
15x3 45lb close grip lat pull down
15x3 45lb rowing machine

15 3lb dumbbell curls
15 5lb dumbbell curls
15 8lb dumbbell curls
15 3lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 5lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 8lb dumbbell hammer curls
15 3lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 5lb dumbbell triceps extension
15 8lb dumbbell triceps extension