• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Some questions I can't find answers to in researching threads, etc.

No, these sides have nothing to do directly with diet. They are increasingly like PMS symptoms but I am not due for about 3 weeks, so I am dropping it for now. Seems to not be liking my body's chemistry at this time.

Any ideas as to why I seem to be retaining water so fastly?
thanks bro!
Anabolics typically increase water retention. However water retention is largely a function of diet and hydration as well. It is temporary as this effect reverses once the anabolic is withdrawn leaving the athlete with new muscle that is now more visible.

Anabolics typically increase water retention. However water retention is largely a function of diet and hydration as well. It is temporary as this effect reverses once the anabolic is withdrawn leaving the athlete with new muscle that is now more visible.

I'm very familiar with a bit of water retention depending on the compound (although I stopped using straight up oral AAS a year ago, but prior to that I had plenty of experience with different stuff), so I'm not overly concerned but it's about 6 lbs of water in the past 5 days I piled on, at just 10 mgs of the Halo. So, seems a bit much at that dose and that quickly. I will say it's possible I wasn't hydrating enough with my new dietary approach, (the diet itself has been spot on) and my potassium and sodium levels may have been too low lately, I was working on manipulating them, so it's possible I'm retaining so much water because with this new diet, I'm not hydrating enough. So I've increased my fluid intake by quite a bit, and until I know this diet better and it's effects on my fluid needs, I'll just stay away from the Halo. A lot of the water is in the muscle though, my bicep circumference went up to over 16 inches (flexed) and my quad circum. is at 27 inches cold.

Yeah, diet, sodium and water manipulation may be much of the cause. I can run massive cycles and get dry if I want. Anyway, its fun playing with the diet end of things and seeing what happens.

Very cool on the measurements!

I'm very familiar with a bit of water retention depending on the compound (although I stopped using straight up oral AAS a year ago, but prior to that I had plenty of experience with different stuff), so I'm not overly concerned but it's about 6 lbs of water in the past 5 days I piled on, at just 10 mgs of the Halo. So, seems a bit much at that dose and that quickly. I will say it's possible I wasn't hydrating enough with my new dietary approach, (the diet itself has been spot on) and my potassium and sodium levels may have been too low lately, I was working on manipulating them, so it's possible I'm retaining so much water because with this new diet, I'm not hydrating enough. So I've increased my fluid intake by quite a bit, and until I know this diet better and it's effects on my fluid needs, I'll just stay away from the Halo. A lot of the water is in the muscle though, my bicep circumference went up to over 16 inches (flexed) and my quad circum. is at 27 inches cold.
What is your diet then? I didn't gain that much water weight on dbol in that short of time, but my wedding band won't fit if I eat too much salt in one day.

It's a relief to read that you've had a lot of water retention too. I'm finishing up my 6 week H4H cycle and I'm up like 8 lbs. Having been trying to lose for so long, this freaked me out. But I'm hoping next week that'll go away and I'll be left to see even more definition! :)

Really? Halo Extreme is a better value at 1 cap daily then compared to 2 caps of H4H? Is it easier for women to take Halo Extreme which is 25mg than take H4H which is 10mg twice a day?

Why I ask is I just finished a 4 week cycle of H4H. Had great results from it. Now taking Osta Rx, 2 caps daily.

Might consider another cycle in the future and heard that Halo Extreme is the best alternative for women since H4H is discontinued.

Any women that have tried it have any problem with it? Still safe?

I am a complete newbie... trying it out with one pill a day... On my second day!

Really? Halo Extreme is a better value at 1 cap daily then compared to 2 caps of H4H? Is it easier for women to take Halo Extreme which is 25mg than take H4H which is 10mg twice a day?

Why I ask is I just finished a 4 week cycle of H4H. Had great results from it. Now taking Osta Rx, 2 caps daily.

Might consider another cycle in the future and heard that Halo Extreme is the best alternative for women since H4H is discontinued.

No issues what so ever..... "safe" yes.... but, as with anything new, monitor yourself closely, and discontinue if unhappy with something going on.

Day 5 here on HaloE.. I'm still doing good - no sides at all. :) Haven't really noticed any strength gains yet but again.. only day 5... Everything I have read leads me to believe it kicks in around end of week two.

Kicked in right around day 10 or so for me....... then it's go time!! Get your QUALITY Macros in, bust your ass in the gym, combined with the Halo - you will see and feel results!

Tell me a little about your experience after the 10 days please. Did you notice the scale going up from gains (a lb or two a week) or... just body fat % going down and scale not really fluctuating much. Water Retention? Right now is that time of the month for me and I've been feeling puffy and gross and I can't wait for this to end on Sunday. lol This is the first time in my life not doing cardio.. so I know my eating has to be strict & lift heavy. I am currently consuming over 200 grams of protein a day. Lately, I've just been TIRED. My trainer wants my calories right around 1,500 a day. This seems low to me but she says its so I won't gain a bunch fat along with the muscle. How many calories would you say you were consuming while trying to bulk? Sorry for all the questions...

Kicked in right around day 10 or so for me....... then it's go time!! Get your QUALITY Macros in, bust your ass in the gym, combined with the Halo - you will see and feel results!

Tell me a little about your experience after the 10 days please. Did you notice the scale going up from gains (a lb or two a week) or... just body fat % going down and scale not really fluctuating much. Water Retention? Right now is that time of the month for me and I've been feeling puffy and gross and I can't wait for this to end on Sunday. lol This is the first time in my life not doing cardio.. so I know my eating has to be strict & lift heavy. I am currently consuming over 200 grams of protein a day. Lately, I've just been TIRED. My trainer wants my calories right around 1,500 a day. This seems low to me but she says its so I won't gain a bunch fat along with the muscle. How many calories would you say you were consuming while trying to bulk? Sorry for all the questions...

A bit difficult to zero in on your questions but...I will try to give you my input/experience.

Scale changes - FOR "ME" - this doesn't/didn't come (regardless of HaloE or anything else) in even leeps or upward spikes..... During a offseason phase....I may gain 2-3-4 lbs a month, level off....get my LMM and BF checked and if within where it needs to be, adjustments made accordingly and again...gains follow....just depends on my training and nutrition. Secondary to that is to learn to NOT use the scale as your dictator to gains.... moreso a component of information but in addition to that - are you getting stronger/lifting heavier? How is your endurance? How are your clothes fitting? How do you look in the mirror? What are your LMM & BF% through the process? etc....

When my lifts and strength start ramping up and my endurance is enhanced - I know my Nutrition and supplementation are doing the job.

Female hormones tend to NOT be our friend in any of the above gauging...but, DRINK PLENTY of water...gal + per day and ride it out.

Just also as a referance point,this offseason - I am doing ZERO CARDIO ....... Cardio "for me" is a polisher and my go to tool when I'm in prep and hitting a full cut. Too much cardio offseason takes this out of my arsenal for Prep time. In turn, I try to keep my BF% at a very managable and decent number to allow growth but not put on a lot of unecessary FAT and BULK and LIKE how I look on or off season.

The fact that your tired - "could be hormonal" but it could also be relative to too little calories. I don't know your full background, height, weight, training, goals, etc....but 1500 "seems" pretty dang low..... 1500 cals is in a range I "may" be at when I'm way deep into the last few weeks before a comp....NOT where I am offseason and trying to grow..... but to answer your question - I am hitting 1900+ on training days.

But again ...... components to consider in your LMM, height, wt., goals, etc.... not based on someone elses numbers. BUT, proceed with CAUTION in your cals being too low because it will have the opposite effect to what you are trying to achieve - -you will not grow, you will fatigue, you could potentially stall out your metabolic rate and in turn set yourself for addl mega issues.......

It's not "all" about Protein and how much you are consuming - it is the entire set up of your Macros and if it is setting you up for your goals correctly.

Hope that helps...........

Wow, thx so much for the response.

I am 5'5 (age 28 -29 in May) 130lbs currently. 4 weeks ago I started my diet at 133 and dipped down to 127 in the first couple weeks and now I seem to stay right between 128-130 currently.

According to the meal plan she has me at 201 g of protein, 82 g of carbs, 32 g of fat and and 1430 in calories. None of this includes fruit... I don't get any sugar bc she doesn't want to spike my insulin.... I don't currently get any cheat meals.

I'm lifting heavy 6 days a week with Friday's as my rest day. - no cardio what so ever right now.

I trust my trainer...I really do. But everyone seems to be questioning the low calories she has me on.... and how I can build muscle with so few? She is the Pro.. not me - by any means. lol

I, certainly, do not want to be taking HaloE and not get the results because I'm not eating enough!! I am busting my ass in the gym.

On a side note... I will say the only possible side effect I have had with this HaloE is that my anxiety is through the roof. I don't know if I'm just constantly over thinking about it or what... But it makes me nervous about taking prohormones. -- or anything new for that matter. I went ahead and purchased the advanced cycle support today and the Osta RX to try after HaloE.

QUOTE:I am 5'5 (age 28 -29 in May) 130lbs currently. 4 weeks ago I started my diet at 133 and dipped down to 127 in the first couple weeks and now I seem to stay right between 128-130 currently.

According to the meal plan she has me at 201 g of protein, 82 g of carbs, 32 g of fat and and 1430 in calories. None of this includes fruit... I don't get any sugar bc she doesn't want to spike my insulin.... I don't currently get any cheat meals.

I'm lifting heavy 6 days a week with Friday's as my rest day. - no cardio what so ever right now.

Based on the above alone - I don't think you will get the results you are looking for from Halo..... If number ONE Priority being NUTRITION is not in place and is not an adequate set up for GROWTH - NOTHING supplemental wise is going to do it for you and bring you out healthy and happy with the end result you are hoping to have.

Also - "Fruit" is not the enemy and "insulin" spikes ?? Lots you are saying here don't lead me to believe that you are with a "Professional Trainer"

Cut Cals low enough - just about anyone is going to lose "weight" initially - at what expense - your health, hard earned muscle, metabolic rate, thyroid, etc...??? Stall out - what next.... even less calories? Or less calories AND Cardio to stir the pot? This is not an optimal set up for growth!

Any of the ladies in here ever upped the dose to 2 pills for Halo Extreme (50 mg) ?? or Bad idea? Started my 4th week this past Sunday....Haven't had any issues with one pill. Which I had some H4H so I could up it by an extra 10 mg

Thoughts?

Any of the ladies in here ever upped the dose to 2 pills for Halo Extreme (50 mg) ?? or Bad idea? Started my 4th week this past Sunday....Haven't had any issues with one pill. Which I had some H4H so I could up it by an extra 10 mg

Thoughts?

Have I ? Yes

Should you? - I guess my primary question would be what do you hope to achieve by upping? More is not always better and if you are getting great results now at where you are, no need to ramp up and not always a good idea. Always better to stay on the more conservative range until you are not getting the results.

If you are on your 4th week - is this your final week? If so - adding addl now isn't going to do anything for you in just a couple days and then done for a break?

Are you bridging with OstaRx or what is you plan/layout?

Yes, on my 3rd day of 4th week...however, I was planning on running for 8 weeks.... If I started taking 2 then it would be 6 weeks.

Yes, already have the OstaRx ready in hand to use once I complete the HaloE.

Now I got ya - makes sense.

Just think about and really consider for yourself if necessary to ramp it up..... like I said - more is not always better and has potential for greater sides or issues that you may not be having now. You would be hitting the upper end for fem use and if this is your first go - ??

Also - if you are happy with the results you are getting now, at the dose you are doing now - those will continue to improve over the next few weeks here without you adding addl.?

Like I said - more is not always better and more doesn't always equate to "gains" .....

Just things to consider as you weigh out your plan and seems like you are really hitting some optimal results - just don't want that to get a wrench tossed in and backslide ya.

Just out of curiosity how many calories should I take in daily? This is a question that I've been back and forth on.

I'm about 5'2' 122-124 lbs. I heard that for someone like me they said I should consume 1,800-2,000 calories a day to maintain my weight. To gain muscle they said to increase that number by 125-250 calories so the range is 2,100-2,200 calories.

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

FYI Osta Rx is keeping me strong :)

Tough question... I wouldn't be able to help with that one... Just make sure the foods you are eating are clean and non processed. I have one cheat meal a week...typically, on Saturday. It helps me look a lot fuller the next day...and gives me great energy the next day in the gym as well.

Just out of curiosity how many calories should I take in daily? This is a question that I've been back and forth on.

I'm about 5'2' 122-124 lbs. I heard that for someone like me they said I should consume 1,800-2,000 calories a day to maintain my weight. To gain muscle they said to increase that number by 125-250 calories so the range is 2,100-2,200 calories.

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

FYI Osta Rx is keeping me strong :)

A lot of factors to consider and NOT a cut and dry or black and white answer -

What are your goals
How many days a week are you lifting - and are you lifting HEAVY to grow or are you lifting to maintain a certain size and/or look
How much Cardio do you do
What is your BF%
What is your LMM....etc...

A lot goes into the components to assess where your calories should be and then followed by what the macro breakdown of that number should be.

Two people can eat the same amount of calories and end up with two completely different results based on all of the above.

A lot of factors to consider and NOT a cut and dry or black and white answer -

What are your goals
How many days a week are you lifting - and are you lifting HEAVY to grow or are you lifting to maintain a certain size and/or look
How much Cardio do you do
What is your BF%
What is your LMM....etc...

A lot goes into the components to assess where your calories should be and then followed by what the macro breakdown of that number should be.

Two people can eat the same amount of calories and end up with two completely different results based on all of the above.

Right now I lift 4 days a week. Mon-chest, biceps, Tues-legs, Wed-shoulders, traps, and forearms, and Fri-back, triceps. Usually I do cardio twice a week (60 mins total, 30 for each session). Usually Sundays are my rest day. I usually do abs on my cardio days.

I lift between moderate to moderate-heavy weight. I have been able to break some plateaus when I took the H4H. Osta Rx is still keeping me strong.

Have no idea what my BF% is unfortunately.

My concern is taking in enough calories to grow muscle but not gain bodyfat. Don't wanna take in too little or too many.

Right now I lift 4 days a week. Mon-chest, biceps, Tues-legs, Wed-shoulders, traps, and forearms, and Fri-back, triceps. Usually I do cardio twice a week (60 mins total, 30 for each session). Usually Sundays are my rest day. I usually do abs on my cardio days.

I lift between moderate to moderate-heavy weight. I have been able to break some plateaus when I took the H4H. Osta Rx is still keeping me strong.

Have no idea what my BF% is unfortunately.

My concern is taking in enough calories to grow muscle but not gain bodyfat. Don't wanna take in too little or too many.

If you count your Macros/track your intake - a solid starting point would be to start at 40:30:30 set your calories at a point that your strength, energy, endurance are ALL solid..... watch how your look, how your strength is, and how your clothes are fitting.

Less the LMM & BF% numbers - it's gonna be more trial process.....

Are you growing (seeing more definition), can you get a good pump, do you have adequate energy and strength to bump up in weight with your lifts on a fairly regular basis...etc....

Could be different for you - but for "me" - usually the first place I start seeing BF is around my abdominal and low back area..... a little is Ok if not prepping for a show, but, if this continues to go upwards then I know I need to make some adjustments.....BUT, I have regular BF% checks so I have a solid way to monitor.

Don't over think things (very easy to do)....keep it simple, clean, lift heavy and intense, and be honest with yourself when you look in the mirror and what you can see is working or not working.

If you count your Macros/track your intake - a solid starting point would be to start at 40:30:30 set your calories at a point that your strength, energy, endurance are ALL solid..... watch how your look, how your strength is, and how your clothes are fitting.

Less the LMM & BF% numbers - it's gonna be more trial process.....

Are you growing (seeing more definition), can you get a good pump, do you have adequate energy and strength to bump up in weight with your lifts on a fairly regular basis...etc....

Could be different for you - but for "me" - usually the first place I start seeing BF is around my abdominal and low back area..... a little is Ok if not prepping for a show, but, if this continues to go upwards then I know I need to make some adjustments.....BUT, I have regular BF% checks so I have a solid way to monitor.

Don't over think things (very easy to do)....keep it simple, clean, lift heavy and intense, and be honest with yourself when you look in the mirror and what you can see is working or not working.

What do you mean by 40:30:30? Also how can I check my BF %?

protien/carbs/fats.... you should be able to get it tested at your local gym with skin calipers

Ok thanks. Still that sounds tough to figure out. I don't think they do skin calipers at my gym.

I believe to gain muscle you need 1.5 grams of protein per pound. So if you weigh 122 x 1.5 you would need 183 grams of protein a day. You can get this through your chicken, protein shakes, eggs, nuts... ect... you get my point.

I had my trainer figure out what I needed and gave me a meal plan. You might want to hire someone to give you a meal plan to figure it out for you if you aren't sure how to come up with it yourself. I certainly, didn't know where to start so that was the route I took.

Back