• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Anyone used "Kris Gethin's DTP: 4 Weeks to Maximum Muscle" workout program?

muscle69

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an ideal workout and nutrition program to use with the Cyanostane cycle I'm hoping to begin soon. I came across Kris Gethin's DTP (Dramatic Transformation Principle) 4 weeks to maximum muscle program and think it looks interesting. I'm wondering if anyone here has used it and if so, what kind of feedback you might have?

Unfortunately I have never heard of this guy or his training program. If you are running Cyanostane, I am assuming you are looking to lean out/rip up?

Hey SVT - Thanks for the response.

Kris' workout programs are over at bodybuilding.com. You can also google by the workout program name and it'll bring up a link. This particular program is unlike anything I've seen before.

I'm using Cyanostane to break into my first PH cycle rather than jumping into a SDMZ2 or Metha-DrolX cycle. I'm current using Test-cyp for HRT but will be running Test-prop at a somewhat higher rate through this cycle. My current goal is not to get ripped like you :) Rather, I'm hoping to add serious lean muscle and yes, drop my BF% in the process and hoping for some strength and endurance gains in the process. Kris' program adds in cardio as well as intense lifting and he also includes a nutrition guideline.

What I'm really looking for is a workout and nutrition program that would be ideal to use while on a PH cycle. I thought this one looked promising. I'm still trying to get all of that in line before beginning. Any advice is appreciated.

Need to be carefull of overtraining on that program or ones like it....

I have used DTP.
In my training sessions, I use Neil Hill's Y3T training as a bases. Neil's training routine consists of 3 different training routines, with each week being a different approach. I like to change it up a bit by using the FST-7 routine in week 2. When I finish week 3 of Neil's program, I will sometimes incorporate Kris's DTP method for the following week. It really works both slow and fast twitch muscle fibers. It is also a good cardio workout! But, like s2h quoted, you need to be sure to rest and not run it too long. You can over train. I have read some guys, if they choose to just run DTP all the time, do it for 4 weeks and then take a complete week off to recover.
Good luck! Give her $hit!

Hey man, have been doing it with my halo stack, and yes its really good very tasking tho, iv gained 10lbs in 4 weeks gone from 160 to 170 and loving it im continuing it for a 6 week program try it, i keep chest and back separate i find one dominates the workout and the other i dont get as much out of, so i changed it up to,
monday: legs, tuesday: chest and abs, wednesday:eek:ff, thursday back. friday: shoulders and arms day off maybe two and repeat.

seanie - Thanks for the feedback! Are you following the nutrition and supplement program that accompanies his DPT as well?

That sounds like a pretty crazy program...seems most non-enhanced people would definitely over-train with this type of training style and would be hell on the CNS. If your main goal is lean/clean mass gain and lowered BF levels then you just need to get the diet in order, train hard and make sure you get an adequate amount of cardio.

SVT03, Biggie, S2H, 969c1, seanie1987 - Thanks for the replies, guys. Thanks for the advice and cautions and feedback. This routine is completely different than anything I've done so I believe it'll be a good shock treatment and thought it might work even more well on cycle. I don't think I'll have to worry about overtraining as much as keeping up with it. ;) My idea of high reps in the past has been 15-20/set so this program blows that out of the water. Thanks again for the feedback. If I make it through, I'll let you know what I think at the end~

Doing it now, definitely a nice change. Kicking my ass though, & you definitely need a spotter if you're gonna do it right.
2 weeks in.

Doing it now, definitely a nice change. Kicking my ass though, & you definitely need a spotter if you're gonna do it right.
2 weeks in.

Spotter? What I need is an awesome training partner LOL. I'm glad you posted a response -- I was impressed by your Halo/DMZ run. I'm going to run Kris' program on a Cyanostane cycle and think it'll work well if I'm able to get everything nailed down. I'm assuming that you're currently using the DTP program off-cycle but I'd still be interested in your thoughts when you finish it up.

Spotter? What I need is an awesome training partner LOL. I'm glad you posted a response -- I was impressed by your Halo/DMZ run. I'm going to run Kris' program on a Cyanostane cycle and think it'll work well if I'm able to get everything nailed down. I'm assuming that you're currently using the DTP program off-cycle but I'd still be interested in your thoughts when you finish it up.

Lol
Thanks man, lets just say after my cycle I dropped about 7 lbs & when I started this program I put it back on. Probably 1.5-2lbs of fat.
Im enjoying it, im really focusing on full contractions too and it's killer.

I recommend a strong iml product. The program is most effective after a cut.

I also recommend something for your joints and wraps/straps. Leg day is brutal on your knees.

Keep us posted

You know, I'm not quite sure. My maxes have definitely gone to shit since my cycle, but I wouldn't blame it on the cycle.
I switch up my routine every 6-8 weeks or so, sometimes longer depending what it is. I was pressing dumb bells for all my exercises during summer from last fall, and for my cycle I had gone back to the barbell. I can put up 110-115 DB Press for 5 reps after the DTP pyramid (30, 20, 10, 5, 5) but when I was on barbell the week before my cycle I was repping 225. by mid cycle I was up to 270-275, and in my 4th or 5th week I hit 285. This is at 160-165lbs under 10% and moderate carbs. No pre workout, consuming around 2k cals/day.

I put fat on really easily so I don't consume a lot of carbs. As most of you know, that kills your energy which effects your lift.
I'd gladly do another cycle, I'd really like to do the same cycle with DMZ 2.0 and eventually try out Methadrol.

I'm in no way trying to make excuses, the numbers don't really mean much to me. Yesterday I didn't work with more then 85lbs and my chest really responded to it. I didn't do the DTP program, I didn't have enough time but I feel my chest is lacking so I wanted a solid day specifically for chest.

I wish I could figure out a nutrition plan that works well for me. Thyroid problems run in my family and I think I got the shit end of the stick there. I dropped 5lbs from yesterday, and 5 lbs the day before. 10lbs in 2 days is ridiculous, even though most of it looks like it was water and fat. Sad thing is I can put that back on today and have it all be fat :mad:

Last edited:
RIGHT now, I'd say 230-235 max. After a couple of weeks I'd imagine I could be back where I was.

Exactly. Even though consistency in a program will allow me to record gains, switching it up shows me gains (in the mirror).
It's most effective for me.

I will say that after switching programs and going back I do notice reps getting easier and maxes going up.

Back