• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Acid Reducers/Proton Pump Inhibitors and effect on PH and protein synthesis

muscle69

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've seen this discussed anywhere before. Not sure that there's any correlation or if anyone here has a knowledgable opinion on this but I've been wondering if medications, both prescription and OTC, used to treat GERD and other stomach issues -- either acid reducers or proton pump inhibitors -- could have any effect on the effectiveness of PH and protein synthesis.. Any thoughts?

I personally lived with GERD due to a hiatal hernia for 10 years and lived on omeprazole the entire time. During that time I had run a couple of cycles and achieved decent results. I can say that now having had surgery to repair the tear and having run 2 cycles since I didn't feel like the PH's were diminished by use of PPI's. PH's are methylated to "survive" your stomach acid's attempt to break them down. So I wouldn't see how suppressing acid production would make the PH any less effective. As for the protein I believe that it has a marginal effect. Perhaps slower digesting proteins don't break down as far as they would if acid levels were optimal but I think we are splitting hairs on this subject. Just my 2 cents worth. Glad to say I don't take pills for GERD any more and have not had heartburn once since my surgery almost a year ago, WOOHOO!

Thanks for the feedback, RoadstarPete.. Makes me wish I had good insurance. I'd check into the surgery, myself.

Back