• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

5a hydroxy laxogenin

chip

Registered
Reaction score
Seeing I can not use Osta Rx to bridge from cycle to cycle due to suppression of hpta, I am curious if it would be safe to supplement with 5a hydroxy laxogenin to serve this purpose? This compound does not suppress hpta but appears to help maintain and build muscle.
Example:
4-6 week DS
4 week pct
4 or/to 8 week hydroxy laxogenin
back to DS

What do you think?

The only time I have ever seen this product is in halo extreme at 5mg per cap. I did a bunch of digging on hydroxy laxogenin and my take on it is that if it is the correct compound it works well. There are plenty of bunk sources out there from what I have read though. It appears to be pretty spendy as well. All i can say is find a product and look at reviews and make a decision based on that. Here is some of what I found:[h=4]5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin[/h]5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin was discovered in 1996 and shown to have an anabolic/androgenic ratio similar Anavar, but without the side effects of liver toxicity or testing positive for steroidal therapy. Athletes claim to have seen strength increases in 3-5 days, and muscle mass increases in 3-4 weeks.
AKA Laxogenin

This compound has shown up as a standalone in Anabolica and Zoe's Ecdysterone.

5a-hydroxy-laxogenin is a steroidal sapinogen, although whether or not it is the desired laxinogen is a mystery since no lab standard for it is available, nor was it referenced within the GCMS library.

Marketing claims for this compund say it is the only product ever designed to increase mass and strength without steroidal influence and that it doesn't test positive for steroids.

Tests showed that protein synthesis increased by over 200%, the key to lean muscle growth and accelerated repair. In testing, 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin has balanced cortisol response, which is the major cornerstone to healthy recovery and reduction of muscle wasting.

It's also been shown to balance cortisol on calorie restricted diets, helps control glucose and increases thyroid function.

Drips and Drabs pulled from the Internets....

"Laxogenin does indeed have some pretty profound anti-inflammatory effects. In addition to being able to be synthesized from Diosgenin, it is a component of smilax sieboldii."

"Laxogenin is a steroidal sapogenin isolated from Smilax sieboldi. As a spirostanic analogue of the brassinosteroid - teasterone, Laxogenin is noted for it's growth promoting activity [in plants]. It has also been demonstrated to aquire [cytotoxic] properties however, to what degree, I am not sure. In contrast, Laxogenin was demonstrated to aquire antitumor-promoting activity in a two-stage lung carcinogenesis experiment."

"The best (published) study can be found in the journal Phytochemistry, 1971, vol. 10, pp 1339-1346. Again in 1989, same journal vol. 28, no. 9 pp 2509-2511 (laxogenin acetate). There is reference going back to 1965 in Chem. Pharm. Bull. 13(5), pp. 545-550 (laxogenin).

It was Syrov's paper of 1976 though, appearing in Farmakol, Toksikol that really sparked my interest. The paper is entitled, "An Experimental Study on the Anabolic Activities of 6-keto Derivatives of some natural sapogenins".

It details the 4 sapogenins (referred to as compounds 1-4 in the Soviet Union) and gives source material, results of the classic steroid model (levator ani studies) and mentions other clues critical to their use. Most of these compounds can be derived from Diosgenin (so can testosterone).

Laxogenin appears closest to Compound 2, the most desirable of these. Thermo includes it as 25R in their formulation and I very much wish it were available as a standalone. I can tell you from experience that when you get the right Laxogenin, it for sure delivers on the recovery, anti-inflammatory etc. side of things and is a superb regenerative agent.

NoHype, I would be most interested in your opinions in the event you do a deeper dive as I believe the compound holds great promise."

Info links for 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin

I read that myself pete... did do some research. It does appear you could use it pct and time off in between cycles to try and keep gains. There is someone who makes it in a 60 mg time release cap. I think I will give it a go and see if it helps at all.

I just got some to try.... we'll see if it is what it claims.

Sounds good Prince... I like new product... like some of the old to but that's a different story.

There is someone who makes it in a 60 mg time release cap. I think I will give it a go and see if it helps at all.
I would be very interested in knowing what your results turn out like. Can you please post your experience somewhere or at least pm me and let me know what you think of the product during or after your run? Thanks and good luck!

update: this product is legit. Finished PCT just before Christmas and lost a little strength during. I started the 5a hydroxy laxogenin right after and have been taking just that. Eight days into it and my strength is going back up. Not bad for a product which doesn't effect natural test.

chip, you notice any water retention from it?

Not that I can tell. Just a clear increase in strength. Only sides is headaches but my water intake hasn't been up to par.

Back