• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Question

GoSox45

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a newb here and I have a few questions. I know in a lot of forms people get pissed when questions that haven been answered get asked but I have three kids 4 and under. I looked a little bit, but I don't have a lot of free time to search. I was curious if some people in here could point me in the right direction. Let me give you my background first. I am in the USAF and I am getting out in a few months. I have on and off again experience lifting although I've never got into big cutting and bulking routines. I found this page by accident and I never knew these type of products existed. I'm fairly strong and I am in decent shape, although I have some weight I could lose. My questions are:

-Should I even bother using these products when I am not very advanced in lifting?

-If I should use them. how do it? Can someone point me to some information that can get me started?

-Do these show up on drug test? I'm getting out of the Military and will be getting a job and want to be clean in case I got to Pee Test.

I am really looking for someone to help me cut up and make some gains. I have always had trouble staying motivated with gains coming so slow. Thanks to anyone who helps, and please excuse if any of my etiquette was off. Thanks.

to get cut up, leangains.com use most popular tab, read whatever you find useful.

These products will not show up on any standard drug test, companies only test for recreational drugs, so unless you're going to the olympics or some form of competitive sport where performance-enhancing drugs are prohibited I wouldn't worry about it

lifting is easy, watch this video, then google some exercises on proper form, and apply the same principles to every exercise. Do squats/bench/deadlifts once a week with whatever secondary muscle groups you're lagging in (arms/shoulders/abs/calves etc) peppered into the week as well. Get your diet and rest in check, and you're golden.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wZNGL4iA4

I would at least get diet in order and a steady exercise routine going for a few months to solidify a good foundation in proper form before jumping on these products, but Osta Rx. may be useful start in the meantime in helping you lean out a little, 3 caps for 8 weeks followed by a functional testosterone booster (DAA at 3 g daily for 3-4 weeks or Ultra Male 1 cap daily for 4 weeks) since it's slightly suppressive should do it if you wanted to try something. Pills aren't magic tho, diet, rest and exercise will dictate your progress for the most part. They're called supplements for a reason, they just supplement (or enhance) whatever's already there. Have fun!

Like Biggie said, but I believe that this is the most important point:

"I would at least get diet in order and a steady exercise routine going for a few months to solidify a good foundation in proper form before jumping on these products."
and would add in there that some people will take a longer time to get these in order,don't rush it.
go back and read some of the logs that others have documented study the products and learn what it is that they do to the body and what you need to do after a cycle to return your body to a state of homeostasis.

Welcome and good luck. Ask all the questions that you want.

Thanks for the info guys, its much appreciated. I actually know how to lift with good form, I've just never stayed consistent. The most consistent I've lifted is about 6 months in a row, But I have lifted on an off for around 10 years. I usually stick to compound lifts as I don't like to waist time in the gym. Diet is a huge problem for me. I've always struggled with it, and I've even tried intermediate fasting a couple of years back because I think the 6 meals a day thing is BS. When I eat 6 meals a day I always had more trouble eating clean but with fasting its very hard for me to make it through the day with out getting woozy. When I wake up in the morning i crave sugar. I figured I would get the answers I did but being new to these sups, I was curious if there are different approaches. , its better to get on tract and consistent before messing around with sups. I just wanted to be able to get some quicker results, perhaps to motivate me more. I have a few more questions now that I think of it.

How hard is it to keep your gains after getting off the sups and for how long? Will I have to continue to cycle the rest of my life to keep up what I have? Or will it be possible to meet a goal and maintain that muscle and strength with minimal loss?

Do you know any good appetite suppressors? Keep in mind that I take Aderall so adding another stim probably isn't the best idea. (yes i know Aderal is an appetite suppressor, but it does nothing for me.)

I'm in decent shape, I just can't seem to shake off the belly fat that I have. This has always been a problem of mine, its the only area I really carry it. It's not a lot but I can't seem to drop it even when eating fairly clean. I get down to about 170 and get stuck. Any recommendations?

Thanks for the hospitality here, its true display of the character in this community. You'd be surprised how hostile BB forms get elsewhere.

its all about diet..if you struggle with a quality diet then the supps arent gonna produce the end results or keep them..

be very careful with adding stims in with you being on adderal..there are many that arent well suited to use with ADD meds like adderal..

if you are getting a job that tests for PED's then Osta Rx would be your only choice so to not fail a test..but omst employer's dont test for PED's..exception is Uncle Sam..so if your USAF and lookig at a Gov job it would be best to avoid things..

imo you would be best served to find a local trainer/coach that has quality results to guide you thru the process and give you some accountabilty..

Something that helps keep you accountable to diet is seeing it broken down into the macro's you've been consuming imo. try logging several days food intake on fitday.com, its free, and it will give you a clearer understanding of what you've been taking in and where to adjust. Ultimately it comes down to calories in vs calories out for overall weight gain / loss. good luck brother thanks for the service to the USA it's always much appreciated.

More awsome avdice guys, I appreciate it! Seriously thanks for taking time to help me out. Anyways here's the sitch.

-Ordered Osta RX, it came in and i've started it.
- Int Fasting is pretty easy(thanks for the advice biggie on hunger) In reality its just skipping breakfast and then not eating late. I'ts not hard and I like it.

I got a few more quick questions.

- What should my cal and protein intake be at? im 5'9 and around 175. I'm not a strict guy with this but I try to ball park it. I try to get 2000-2500, think this will be enough for weight loss? I try to get 150g protein in.

- I didn't get any blood work done before starting this. I've seen the sticky, but im in NJ and I can't use that. I'm also in the AF so I don't want to go to the doc about this. Any advice anyone? I actually think I might have low T to begin with. I have sleep apnea and narcolepsy and I know those can affect T level. I had gyno pretty much since I was a teen and it got worse in my 20s. I had it removed last year thanks to Uncle Sam, so I am interested in getting this checked out.

- Having said that, the last thing I want is more gyno. Should I have to worry about that with Osta?

- I don't want to squat or dead lift. Im not trying to be a chicken hawk, I do power yoga and it gives my legs a good workout. I am also worried about making my stretch marks worse. I have them bad between my legs from lifting previously, the skin on my legs is very tight because I don't hold much fat there. What are peoples thoughts on this? Should I say F it and do squats and D lift anyway?

Thanks for the support!

Back