• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Diet/meals

Meta

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to cut/lower body fat before I start bulking up again.
I was thinking I would follow this, inputs are welcome.

Meal 1 (8AM)
2 Eggs on brown toast

Meal 2 (10AM)
Handful Of Almonds
Pear
Plum

Meal 3 (12PM)
6oz Chicken Breast
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Vegetable

Meal 4 (3PM)
1 Banana
Half hand full of Cashews

Meal 5 (7PM post-workout)
Small Sweet Potato
Tin Of Tuna
1/2 cup Vegetable

Meal 6 (9PM)
1/4 Pack Of Blueberries
1 Banana
2 Celery

Meal 7 (11PM before bed)
Cottage Cheese

What are your stats? I'm not seeing enough protein gms to maintain muscle mass in an average m8.

Hi, I'm trying to cut/lower body fat before I start bulking up again.
I was thinking I would follow this, inputs are welcome.

Meal 1 (8AM)
2 Eggs on brown toast

Meal 2 (10AM)
Handful Of Almonds
Pear
Plum

Meal 3 (12PM)
6oz Chicken Breast
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Vegetable

Meal 4 (3PM)
1 Banana

Meal 5 (7PM post-workout)
Small Sweet Potato
Tin Of Tuna
1/2 cup Vegetable

Meal 6 (9PM)
1/4 Pack Of Blueberries
1 Banana
2 Celery

Meal 7 (11PM before bed)
Cottage Cheese

Eat your banana an blueberries in the morning with your breakfast,an for post workout I would choose a waxy maize protein combo drink,universal torrent is a great one,than an hour after ,eat your sweet potatoe,your tuna an veggies,an have your other banana before you workout along with some fast protein,meal 2 I wwould change all together,you don't need that fruit at that time,whole food protein an whole grain carbs,chicken ,beef,fish..etc

To cut fat you have lose the eggs and milk, go with fresh vegetable and juice.

That's complete bullshit. Where's your protein? vegetables and juice is simply low carbs and sugar.

Diet is simple. Keep this shit simple. It's calorie in vs calories out. You need to burn more calories then you're consuming. This forces your body to feed into fat deposits. You have your Proteins, Carbs, and fats that make up those calories.

Proteins repair muscle tissue, your carbs are your main source of energy, and your fats are used for hormone production. They obviously do other vital shit but right now that's unimportant and just going to make shit complicated.

Give me your age, height, weight, and an estimate on your body fat percentile or a picture of you relaxed/not flexed.
I'll give you a set of macros for TDEE and a deficit, or you can do it yourself at http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/.

You're eating like a fucking female bro. This is starving yourself more then it is burning body fat. Feed the furnace.

That's complete bullshit. Where's your protein? vegetables and juice is simply low carbs and sugar.

Diet is simple. Keep this shit simple. It's calorie in vs calories out. You need to burn more calories then you're consuming. This forces your body to feed into fat deposits. You have your Proteins, Carbs, and fats that make up those calories.

Proteins repair muscle tissue, your carbs are your main source of energy, and your fats are used for hormone production. They obviously do other vital shit but right now that's unimportant and just going to make shit complicated.

Give me your age, height, weight, and an estimate on your body fat percentile or a picture of you relaxed/not flexed.
I'll give you a set of macros for TDEE and a deficit, or you can do it yourself at http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/.

You're eating like a fucking female bro. This is starving yourself more then it is burning body fat. Feed the furnace.

Thank you!

About time someone goes back to the basics with cals in v. cals out. It's not rocket science...

lololololol dont feed the trolls bro...... scottpilgrime is a spambot lol... notice all its other spammy posts

Biggie, the research I've been doing lately indicates that most fruits and whole fruit juices, while high in fructose and thus, simple sugars, are actually considered low-glycemic. They tend to be high in fiber which slows digestion plus they aren't immediately available as fuel because fructose sugars must first be converted into glucose by the liver. They're an exception to the simple carbs verses complex carbs rule and there are exceptions amongst fruits with some being higher on the gylcemic index - canteloupe, dates, watermelon..

Meta- You should probably focus on low-glycemic carbs combined with fast-digesting proteins if you're trying to lose fat except for immediately after a workout, in which case simple carbs can accelerate nutrient delivery due to the spike in insulin levels they create. Jim Stoppani has a great article on insulin levels and bodybuilding - not sure I'm allowed to name the forum but you can probably locate the article and others with a quick search. I'm actually using his article as my reference, here. Most of the carbs that I saw on your list looked good in that aspect but as Biggie and Viscious point out, your diet is very low in protein. It's all about the right balance of protein, carbs, and essential fats -- and calories in verses calories burned.

Meal 2 (10AM)
Handful Of Almonds
Pear
Plum

Meal 4 (3PM)
1 Banana

Meal 6 (9PM)
1/4 Pack Of Blueberries
1 Banana
2 Celery

^^^These are not meals brother, these are snacks. Also, if you're cutting, lay off the fruits. Yes, fruits are healthy for you, but are high in simple sugars, and your body will burn those first. if you're trying to force it to burn fat, don't feed it simple carbs while cutting. Also, moar protein, something around 120-150g protein daily... or 1gram for every lb lean mass roughly.

If you want, check out the leangains.com most popular tab for some fasting tricks. Good luck

Vicious - Looking good, buddy! You're right on pointe, as usual. Or points, rather - four in a row... This is an area that I'm trying to research and focus in on, myself, so thanks for the calculator link. Tried to add to your rep on this one but apparently, it's been too soon since the last time I repped you and that's been some time ago.

I don't, my diet is pretty regular but from a nutrition stand point when evaluating meal plans I like to see some macros.

I don't, my diet is pretty regular but from a nutrition stand point when evaluating meal plans I like to see some macros.
Yeah I agree. I used to count them in the past when first starting out, but now I have a pretty good estimate of portion sizes and what I'm taking in.

Back