• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My routine

Bigguy9

Registered
Reaction score
Thought I would post my routine and see what people think. Plus PT is helping me out a lot! So I'm posting this for options. I'm on the super DMZ cycle right now and in week two of my cycle but I've been doing this routine for awhile now.
Monday= Chest
Bench press
Incline bench press
Dumbbell press
Incline dumbbell press
Decline dumbbell press
Dumbbell fly
Incline fly
Machine fly (peck deck)
Bent arm dumbbell pullovers
Chest dips
Push ups

Tuesday=Back
Seated cable row
Bent over row
Reverse grip pull downs
Hammer strength pull downs
Deadlifts
Pull downs behind neck
Dumbbell row
T-bar row
Back extensions
Pull ups
Close grip lat pull downs
Shrugs

Wednesday=off. I have my Daughter :)

Thursday=Shoulders/legs
Barbell press
Single arm front raises
Side laterals
Presses behind neck
Rear Delt machine
Dumbbell press
(legs)
Seated leg curls
Squats
Leg press
Standing calf raises
Laying leg curls
Leg press calf raises
Lunges

Friday=Arms
Flat bench close grip
Dip machine
Dumbbell curls
Preacher curls
Hammer curls
Scull crushers
Easy bar curls/ straight ball curls. Rotate between weeks
Over head tricep extensions
Tricep cable push down
Incline dumbbell curl
Concentration curls
Tricep kickback
rope curls (cable)
Wrist curls

Pretty much my workout. I'll post all my supps later. Enjoy and all comments welcome. Just don't ask me to do less lol. I do love being in the gym. I do start to get tired And a bit weak about 3/4 threw on some days but I push threw it like a champ :)

Wow, that's a routine and a half!!!

What are your sets and reps?

Lol yea I like to push myself. And sorry I forgot to add sets And reps. I do 4 sets of everything and 12 reps with the last set to failure. Idk I read somewhere that 12 reps is the perfect amount of reps for anibolic effects. Idk? Maybe true maybe not. I tried to do real heavy weight at only 6-8 reps for a couple weeks but didn't feel like I was getting as good workout.

The two things i see the most that hurt a person wether they are on cycle or not, is the diet, and training.

now before i say anything, i have to say that your routine is that of a person who is a pro and has been weight training for about 7+ years. And thats all they do.
In talking with other people that i work with, and study with, about the only thing we can agree on (as far as weight lifting goes) is the amount of rest a person needs after lifting, and to build muscle you have to get the muscle to hypertrophy. We can agree that a person needs between 5 and 7 days of complete rest to repair the muscle fiber disruption, depending on the person and their ability to recover.

But with that said, the most controversial element of any training program is the optimal number of sets required to increase muscular hypertrophy. It concerns whether one set to failure is a sufficient stimulus to induce maximum hypertrophic adaptation or if multiple sets are required for maximal muscular gains.

Personally I think optimal hypertrophy training protocol uses a set of six to eight rep performed to the point of muscular failure using the heaviest possible load. The best stimulus for inducing maximum muscular hypertrophy is to lift a weight equal to 75 to 80% of your 1RM repeatedly to failure, until you can no longer complete another repetition. It's during the last all-out effort, the muscle is forced to contract all of its fibers, so at that point of momentary muscular failure, the max stimulus has been achieved.

The rest period and only working out each body part is smart. However, i think you might be over training a little.
The chest for example- Bench press hit the major head, incline press hits the upper portion of the pec, the decline hits the lower portion of the pec and the butterfly hits the outer portion of the head. any thing beyond that is adding unneeded stress to the pec, and hindering the growth of the muscle.

Huh very informative PT... So like on my chest I need to tone it down a bit huh. What about like on my arm day? I have quite a bit on there too. And think my diet is pretty good. Not great but I don't have a lot of money to dump into food either but I try to eat as good and as much as I can. I have gained 11lbs in about three weeks so kind of an idea how I'm doing on diet I guess? And I agree on the rest thing and I was planning after my cycle and PCT taking a week off! Whatcha think? I read an articail that was saying after 12-14 weeks of training to take a week off and that lets your muscle fibers and body heal and actually Grow! How true idk but thought it was a good idea. Idk maybe if u found time PT and have PayPal (pay ya for your time) you could take some time and make me up a good mass building routine for my next cycle. (Metha-drol) thanks as always bro!

hey no problem BigGuy!! i'll help out as much as I can, I would be happy to. as far as payment--- no need for that. The only kind of payment is having people be smart about weight training and gaining the goals they want. And if i can help them out to that goal..... More power to them!!

As far as taking some time off, i would wait a little longer after PCT to take off time. That is the most important time to keep the gains that you made on cycle. i would go out as far as a month, then take a little time off.

how long have you had this routine?

I've been doing this routine for about a yr now off and on. And what I mean by off n on is like I mentioned I've tried doing heavy weight at 6-8 reps but with the same exercises but changed back cause I seam to get weak a lot faster and have to drop weight about half way threw to make it to the workout. But up until about 3 month ago really started studying diet!and think that's why I haven't seen any real gains up until now... I ate nothing but fast food and junk but still worked out lol. Well as u know that got me NO WHERE! So really I've only been growing for the last few months since I started eatting clean and eating a lot.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Chest:
Bench press ? 5 sets, 6-10 reps
Flat bench flies ? 5 sets, 6-10 reps
Incline bench press ? 6 sets, 6-10 reps
Cable crossovers ? 6 sets, 10-12 reps
Dips ? 5 sets, to failure
Dumbbell pullovers ? 5 sets, 10-12 reps

Back:
Front wide-grip chin-ups ? 6 sets, to failure
T-bar rows ? 5 sets, 6-10 reps
Seated pulley rows ? 6 sets, 6-10 reps