• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

DIET PLEASE HELP....

Scott

Registered
Reaction score
Im gonna be going shopping this week i have around 100+ IF not a little more for food,Can anyone tell me, names brands whichi can buy off to meet 3500 cals a day. Again i dont have alot of money to work of off but please help me !!

Hahahah Got you covered bro,
Oats

Oats are a wonderful bulking food. You can get plenty on the cheap, add protein powder to them and you can bake with them. Another benefit is their low Glycemic Index (GI) of 66, meaning they will be slowly grazed upon by your body and not send it into shock like a sugar alternative would. Eat oats upon waking or before a workout for a great, long lasting energy blast.

Ground Beef

Ground beef is packed with protein and fat. It is a great way to get those extra calories in without having to get something less optimal such as a pizza. By getting 85% lean and up you will be paying a little more, but getting more protein to feed your muscle.

Eggs

Eggs are a must for bulking. The ?legends? swore by them in the 70?s, and they are still in the top 5 bodybuilding foods. Why? You can buy a dozen of them for $1.29, offering at least 60 grams of protein and good fats each. On a low fat diet? Go for just the egg white, and save your calories and fat content. Eggs are a must for anyone bulking.

Potatoes

Another dirt cheap, filling, and hearty food ready to make you pack on muscle. You can mash em?, fry em? and put them in a stew. If you do not like the taste of normal potatoes you can always go for the sweet potato option that has almost the same caloric content, and even better tasting, hence the name ?sweet?. If you are really looking to pack on the mass, you can even put the next item on our list on your sweet potato for a new out of this world combination.

Peanut Butter

Like a addict for crack, I am addicted to peanut butter. I can put it on ANYTHING. I think it really does make everything taste better. This is great for bulking since 2 tablespoons is almost 200 calories! I know when you are trying to hit your calories for the day this makes it much easier. Having trouble gaining? Every time you go into the kitchen have a spoonful and watch the muscle pile on.

Protein Powder

While this is not necessary solely for bulking, protein powder offers debatably the most important Macro in your diet; protein. Without it, you are going to have a hard time building muscle. Try mixing the oats, peanut butter and protein powder together for a concoction called ?proats?.

Nuts

Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews, Macadamia, the possibilities are endless. As long as you get plain, making sure they are not filled with added sugar you really cannot go wrong with adding some quick delicious calories. Try for a couple handfuls throughout the day for a easy addition of calories, healthy fats, and protein.

Whole Milk

Milk is cheap, and a foundation of bodybuilding along with eggs. You could go to the GOMAD(Gallon Of Milk A Day) route which supplies you with 2400kcal, 200g carbs, 120g fat, 120g protein and lots of vitamins & minerals for a relative low price. Add this on top of your Monster-Building diet and you will be on the right track.

Gainer Powder

Although eating real food is your best option, sometimes you just don?t have the time/energy to get those calories in. If that is the case, gainer might be your friend. Two scoops of some of these powders is 600+ calories of protein and carbs, perfect for getting those guns. Here you can find a array of gainers at reasonable price. I am partial to Optimum Nutrition?s Serious Mass since it is around $40 bux for 12lbs! Not only that, it is actually quality stuff. Be careful while buying gainers though. Many are just loaded with sugar and pretty much nothing else. Before purchasing any, try checking to make sure they are made from quality ingredients!

Buy in bulk and save

You hear it in every second TV advert, "buy in bulk and save!". Well they're not lying! Sometimes you can save up to 40-50% of meat sold in bulk. You've got a freezer haven't you?! Don't write butchers off either, sometimes their prices (especially on bulk) are cheap than the supermarkets. And if they're a small outlet the might even be willing to do you a deal.

Eat sandwiches

Bread is cheap. Head to the deli isle of your supermarket and you'll find loads of good cheap sandwich meat available. Chicken, turkey and beef are all good sandwich meats. All some salad and you've got yourself a wholesome snack.

Cook like a restaurant

What I'm telling is to cook in bulk. Find your favorite chili recipe, times the ingredients by 4 and cook it on a sunday afternoon. There you have 10-15 meals for the week ahead. All you need is some 2 minutes brown rice and you have yourself a meal ready in minutes. Perfect for post workouts and rush meals. Now you'll have no need to stop at that sandwich shop!

Natures cheapest fish

Tuna tuna tuna. Tuna is one of the best foods you can eat if you want to build lean muscle. Not only has it got more than 20% protein but it's cheap and rich in natural essential oils. Just one problem, it tastes like cat food! I find it hard to stomach tuna, but I eat it anyway because it's dirt cheap and so good for me. If you don't like the taste or small on tuna mix it with some satay sauce. My favorite is tuna mixed with satay sauce on some boiled brown rice. Nothing but goodness! (tastes average though!)

If your diet were to be concentrated on these foods, you will be able to build lean muscle without the worry of gaining too much body fat on your bulk. Don?t be afraid of a burger here or there, but try to keep it clean to keep it lean.

Scott, everything is really cheap, and tuna is like bodybuilders best friend, make alot of tuna sandwhiches and your good to go. Along with everything else 8)

Back