• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

First time Halo and 4Andro cutting/recomp cycle log

fobz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys

as promised I'm gonna have a log about my first cycle. the cycle looks as follows:

Week 1-6
Halo Extreme 3 caps ed (2 9am, 1 around 6pm post workout)
4-Andro 3 caps ed (2 9am, 1 around 6pm post workout)
Advanced Cycle Support 3 caps ed (prior to bed)

Week 7-10
Nolva 20mg ed (prior to bed)
Ultra Male 1 cap ed (prior to bed)

Week 10-12
E-Control 3 caps ed (prior to bed)
Ultra Male 1 cap ed (prior to bed)

Stats:
Height 5.7
Weight: 163 pounds
lifting seriously for around 5 years ( I was really fat and cut down 90 pounds over the last 1.5years)

I am going to start my cycle with a cut to get rid of some of the xmas fluff I put on.
once I hit 160 pounds I will transition into a recomp.

I am on a high volume high frequency full body routine with rest-pause style lifting.

I alternate between A and B for 6 days a week with a rest day on Sunday.

A:

Front squats/Leg Press
Weighted Chin-ups (shoulder width grip)
Weighted Push-ups (shoulder issue with BP at the moment)
Seated rows (wide grip, pull bar to pecs)
Leg curls
Concentration curls (alternate between arms with no/minimal rest)
Rope pressdowns
Standing calf raises
Wide grip upright rows (barbell or cable)
Cable Chest Flyes

B:

Romanian deadlifts
Weighted Pull-ups (wide grip)
Weighted Push-ups (shoulder issue with BP at the moment)
Chest-supported dumbbell rows (let elbows flare away from body)
Leg extensions
Incline dumbbell curls
Overhead extensions
Seated calf raises
Side lateral raises (dumbbell or cable)
Reverse Flyes

I increase the weight when I can hit 12 reps in my first set.

I took my first 2 caps of halo and 4andro this morning. don't feel anything special yet.

this week will be a deload week where I only do my first set of each exercise every day.
I thought it would be a good idea to do this at the beginning of the cycle so I don't need to take one while the halo is in full swing.

I will try to update the log daily but I will definitely update it weekly.

excited to see where this takes me.

took 3 caps of halo and 4a yesterday and everything seems to be fine. gonna take the next dose soon.

diet yesterday was shitty because I had some leftovers from my cheat day so I killed them.
now that all the bad food is gone my diet will look as follows:

3 eggs
1l whole milk
250g lean beef
250g chicken breast
4 cups green beans
2 cups broccoli
1 scoop whey

this adds up to around 1730 calories: 180p/86c/65f

I am trying to go as low carb as possible for the cut because I have had good results with it in the past.
if I feel I need to increase them I will.
maintenance calories are usually around 2500-2600.
do I need to increase the protein on cycle?

training was ok yesterday. since it is my deload week I only did the first set of each exercise.
on a deload week I get 60 total reps per muscle group. on a normal week I get at least 180 reps per muscle group.
so the fun part doesn't begin til next monday really =)

here are my numbers from yesterdays workout. nothing out of the ordinary
Lifting Stats(in pounds):

A:
Leg Press: 795x12
Weighted Chin-up: BW+25x10
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+45x12
Wide Grip Cable Rows: 130x10
Seated Leg Curls: 115x13
Concentration Curls: 27.5x11
Triceps Pushdown(rope attachment): 75x12
standing calf raises(squat machine): 250x20
cable upright row: 105x12

cable chest flyes: 30x15 (still going easy on them because of my shoulder)

I'm gonna add some pics once all the bloat from my cheat day is gone.

Last edited:
Day 2 went by fine. feeling good nothing special (I don't expect to feel it until some point in the 3rd week)

diet was on point as posted yesterday. I'm always hungry so cutting is always a pain.
deload workout went fine. still only did the first set of each exercise. attached you'll find the numbers:

B:
Romanian Deadlift: 265x12
Pull-Ups: BW+10 x10
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+45x11
Chest supported Dumbbell Row (elbows out): 65x10
Leg Extensions: 160x11
Incline Dumbbell Curl: 27.5x11
Overhead Extensions (cable with v-shaped bar): 160x11
seated calf raise machine: 115x23
Side Laterals (Dumbbell): 20x10
Reverse Flyes: 17.5x12

ready for the next dose. I think I can feel the 4andro a little bit because my mood is better. could also be a placebo effect though who knows.

any advise on protein intake on cycle? is at leas1g per pound sufficient or should I increase it?

Day 3: all good. my diet was on point and I drank a crazy amount of water. definitely more thirsty than usual. still in my deload week. workout was day A again the weights were the same. still looking bloated from my cheatday. it usually takes me a week to get back down to normal. too bad I can't eat all day without getting fat -_-

Day 3: all good. my diet was on point and I drank a crazy amount of water. definitely more thirsty than usual. still in my deload week. workout was day A again the weights were the same. still looking bloated from my cheatday. it usually takes me a week to get back down to normal. too bad I can't eat all day without getting fat -_-
I had to give in this past year and start running a diuretic (Razor Cuts) after my cheat days...getting old sucks.

I had to give in this past year and start running a diuretic (Razor Cuts) after my cheat days...getting old sucks.

that's a good idea thanks ebfitness. for how long and at what dose do you usually run Razor Cuts after a cheat day?

I am planning to not have a cheat day for the whole cycle. at first I was like well no cheat day while on halo but then I remembered that the body is very prone to put on fat during pct so I decided to try to not have a cheat day for the whole 10 weeks. we'll see how that goes.

that's a good idea thanks ebfitness. for how long and at what dose do you usually run Razor Cuts after a cheat day?

I am planning to not have a cheat day for the whole cycle. at first I was like well no cheat day while on halo but then I remembered that the body is very prone to put on fat during pct so I decided to try to not have a cheat day for the whole 10 weeks. we'll see how that goes.
I'll usually take 1 cap after dinner, another the next morning, and if I'm still bloated that afternoon, 1 more.

Day 5: everything is still fine no changes yet. mood is good. I'm always hungry but diet was on point. bloat is starting to fade. 4th deload workout yesterday was fine same as the first day B. just 2 more deload workouts and then the fun begins. I can't wait =)

so I saw that epi-andro is great for cutting/recomping. would it make sense to add it to this cycle or is that too much for a first run? should I just stick to the halo and 4andro for this run?

Day 5: everything is still fine no changes yet. mood is good. I'm always hungry but diet was on point. bloat is starting to fade. 4th deload workout yesterday was fine same as the first day B. just 2 more deload workouts and then the fun begins. I can't wait =)

so I saw that epi-andro is great for cutting/recomping. would it make sense to add it to this cycle or is that too much for a first run? should I just stick to the halo and 4andro for this run?
I think the Epi-Andro would be a great addition! It has a really good hardening effect. I run it at 4 caps daily in two split doses.

cool =)
so would you run it for 4 weeks at 4 caps ed?

is 3 caps halo, 3 caps 4andro and 4caps epi-andro each day to much?

Day 6: all still good. diet was on point again (even though I'm hungry like crazy) and the deload workout was day A again with the same weights. mood is still good and no sides.

today is my last deload workout so I'm excited to get back at the real workouts on monday. I also ordered some epi-andro yesterday that I will throw into this cycle for the last 4 weeks together with halo and 4andro.

day 7: all good no changes as of yet. diet was on point and I'm still hungry. yesterday was the last deload workout and it went well. excited for my first full workout tomorrow.

day 8: diet was on point. I don't feel any different yet. yesterday was my rest day so nothing interesting to report there.

today is going to be my first full workout I'm excited about that. will report back later tonight after teh workout.

workout tonight was great. I was a little more focused than usual and usually after a deload week my endurance sucks but today I just picked up where I left of.

did the first set(usually between 8 and 12 reps) and 30 rest/pause reps for each exercise with the following weights:

A:
Leg Press: 795x13
standing calf raises(squat machine): 250x20

as soon as I started lifting I was really motivated and the muscle/mind connection was great.

Good work!

thanks eb.

today was a good day. diet was on point. doesn't feel like it has kicked in yet but when I'm in the gym I definitely have more focus and endurance. had a great session today. it was day B. even got a new PR on romanian deadlifts =)

the numbers after the weight are the reps of my first set. after that first set I do 30 rest/pause reps in sets of 3.
so for example 10-3-3-3-3-3..... with the same weight.

B:
Romanian Deadlift: 265x13 (one rep more than usual)
Overhead Extensions (cable with v-shaped bar): 160x12

my epi-andro came in the mail today. gonna start it at 4 caps on thursday. definitely hard to wait but if I start thursday I will finish the halo 4a and epi-andro at the same time =)

thanks eb.

today was a good day. diet was on point. doesn't feel like it has kicked in yet but when I'm in the gym I definitely have more focus and endurance. had a great session today. it was day B. even got a new PR on romanian deadlifts =)

the numbers after the weight are the reps of my first set. after that first set I do 30 rest/pause reps in sets of 3.
so for example 10-3-3-3-3-3..... with the same weight.

B:
Romanian Deadlift: 265x13 (one rep more than usual)

my epi-andro came in the mail today. gonna start it at 4 caps on thursday. definitely hard to wait but if I start thursday I will finish the halo 4a and epi-andro at the same time =)

:cool:

today was day A again. I'm still feeling good no sides yet. hunger has increased even more. the diet was on point again but it is definitely hard to not just eat everything in sight. today I looked a little more vascular than usual during the workout.

workout consisted of first set (number behind the weights) and 30 rest/pause reps in sets of 3.

A:
Leg Press: 795x13
standing calf raises(squat machine): 250x22

I will increase all the weights for the exercises that have 12 or more reps next session. didn't do it today because I was pretty sore.

tomorrow I'll start the epi-andro so my dosing schedule will look as follows:

2x epi-andro upon waking (around 5:30am)
2x halo at 9am
2x 4andro at 9am
2x epi-andro 45min pre workout (around 3:15pm)
1x halo at 6pm
1x 4andro at 6pm
3x ACS at around 10pm

total 3x halo, 3x 4andro, 4x epi-andro

can't wait until everything kicks in =)

yesterday went by fine. diet was good even though I had to go to a business dinner had some filet mignon and managed to stay at 1750 calories for the day with the macros in check =) no sides as of yet. I think my recovery improved a little bit because as of now I would be so sore that it is painful to move. I still feel sore but nothing terrible. started my epi-andro at 4 caps yesterday. no issues as of yet. felt a little more focused during the workout but that could have been my excitement.

workout was day B again with the first set and 30 rest/pause reps in sets of 3.

B:
Romanian Deadlift: 265x12 (tried to up the weight to 285 but form sucked. lower back is definitely the weak link here so i dropped down to 265)
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+45x13 (gotta figure out how to get more than one plate on my back by myself also did 50 rest pause reps instead of 30)
Leg Extensions: 160x12 (new PR finally. took me forever to get from 11 to 12 reps. will up the weight next session)

all in all I appear more vascular and I'm definitely leaning out. my diet has been on point since starting the cycle so I'm sure that is a big part of it. christmas weight is almost gone. will weigh in tomorrow and also post pics.

the last two days were good. no sides as of yet. diet was on point. I'm really hungry all the time and would like to eat everything I can find however I think the cycle keeps me on track because I know it's important to be perfect with your diet. the workouts have been great the last two days. really focused and definitely good energy especially for a cut. I'm sweating more which I think is because the epi-andro that I started on thursday.

here are my last two workouts. in both I did the first set and then 30 rest/pause reps in sets of 3. except weighted pushups I did a total of 50 rest/pause reps for that.

A:
Leg Press: 795x12
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+45x13
Seated Leg Curls: 115x12
standing calf raises(squat machine): 250x22

B:
Romanian Deadlift: 265x12
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+45x14
Leg Extensions: 160x12
Reverse Flyes: 17.5x13

I also weighed myself yesterday and I was at 167.2 pounds. that's up 5 pounds from two weeks ago. I had that one cheat day after I weighed myself two weeks ago but since I have been eating at 1700 calories a day for two weeks after that I doubt it is fat or muscle. probably just water weight.

I also included some pics of my fat ass from yesterday morning. ready to shed some more bf.

Attachments

• Front2_02_02_2014.jpeg
    Front2_02_02_2014.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 21
  • triceps.jpeg
    triceps.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 17
Keep at it!

thanks for checking in and the motivation eb it is much appreciated.

had kind of a shitty day at work a lot of weird issues. diet was on point and I feel good no sides. noticed a little more acne. as soon as I hit the gym my whole day changed. I was super focused and really energized. got at least one or two more reps on every exercise. haven't felt that good in a long time. I think the halo is slowly starting to kick in =)

same routine as usual. first set is at least 10 reps. then at least 30 rest/pause style reps in sets of 3.

A:
Leg Press: 795x14
Weighted Chin-up: BW+25x11
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+45x15
Concentration Curls: 27.5x12
Triceps Pushdown(rope attachment): 75x13
standing calf raises(squat machine): 250x23
cable upright row: 105x13

heart rate was a little higher during the workout than usual but nothing to worry about I felt great and was really motivated.

yesterday: all went well had a good day. diet was on point. I was super hungry so I added some shirataki noodles to dinner. they don't really have any nutritional value but they fill you up a bit.
wasn't feeling as strong as on monday but still felt good in the gym.

my skin is a little bit oily probably from the epi-andro so it was hard holding the bar during RDL's.

same protocol as usual first set can be found right after the weight. after that it is at least 30 rest/pause reps in sets of 3.

B:
Romanian Deadlift: 265x11
Pull-Ups: BW+10 x11
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+55x13 (new PR =) )
Leg Extensions: 160x12
seated calf raise machine: 115x20

Wednesday:
all went well. diet was on point. I had crazy carb cravings. all I wanted to do is buy a box of krispy kreme doughnuts and eat them all. even dreamed about it last night haha. gathered all my will power and stuck to my diet so no worries there.

workout went well did day A again. wasn't super motivated before the workout but as soon as I started I was totally focused and had a great workout. pumps are getting better every day. definitely look leaner and more vascular.

A:
Leg Press: 795x14
Weighted Chin-up: BW+25x11
Weighted Push-Ups: BW+55x12
Wide Grip Cable Rows: 130x11
Seated Leg Curls: 120x11
standing calf raises(squat machine): 250x23

today is day 18 of the Halo and day 8 of epi-andro. can't wait until both compounds fully start to kick in. shouldn't be too long now =)

the only sides I have had so far is the acne but I'm prone to that and it is definitely not out of hand just a few more here and there. also hunger which is not really a side definitely awesome for bulking but takes a lot of willpower during cutting.

Back