• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

First Prohormone Run: Halo Extreme Log

Day 14 (end of week 2)

Today was another training day, and I was significantly stronger.

It was probably because it was a Saturday after a long week / because I did some cooking today, but after my workout, I took a 1.5 hour nap. The intensity really knocked it out of me, I guess.

I maintained the same calorie increases from yesterday.

This second week has been amazing. Very big jumps in strength and endurance, as well as hunger. I have heard that weeks 3 and 4 are usually the "best," so I'm excited to see what the next two weeks bring.

Day 14 (end of week 2)

Today was another training day, and I was significantly stronger.

It was probably because it was a Saturday after a long week / because I did some cooking today, but after my workout, I took a 1.5 hour nap. The intensity really knocked it out of me, I guess.

I maintained the same calorie increases from yesterday.

This second week has been amazing. Very big jumps in strength and endurance, as well as hunger. I have heard that weeks 3 and 4 are usually the "best," so I'm excited to see what the next two weeks bring.
This is when I feel Halo REALLY kicks in...enjoy!

Day 15 (first day of week 3)

Home scale weight: 184.4

Today was an off day. Not much to report. However, I did increase my protein by 26 grams today. Now, both off days and training days (as well as cardio days from now on) will all have a protein intake of 220 grams. I know that muscle protein synthesis is elevated above normal, so I think that it makes sense to increase my intake a bit. However, as you have read in my previous entries, most of my calories increases have been from carbs.

Tomorrow is a training day. It should be good.

This is when I feel Halo REALLY kicks in...enjoy!
Thank you!

Day 16:

Home scale: 184.4
Gym scale: 185.3

A training day. Once again, I felt like a beast. I was hungry, so I increased my calories by 27 more calories from carbohydrates (10 grams more of dry brown rice).

Someone I know joked that I have a tape worm since I have been able to eat so much lately, lol.

Tomorrow is leg day #2. Very excited.

In for results! How many calories per day are you eating? I don't think I saw it mentioned.

Day 17:

Today was my second leg day of the week. As predicted, I smashed it.

However, perhaps it was stress (family drama), but I felt a little short of breath / lightheaded at some points in the workout. The odd thing was that I don't think that it impacted my workout endurance, though. Yet, when I took my Cycle Support later on, I felt better...so maybe it was Halo-related, not sure.

Also, later on in the day, I was leaning over the sink in the bathroom, and I had some slightly uncomfortable tighness in my lower back. I guess that was a back pump.

My calories stayed the same.

In for results! How many calories per day are you eating? I don't think I saw it mentioned.

On training days, I'm estimating about 3,100. I can figure it out exactly tomorrow or the day after, though. I'll let you know!

Day 17:

Today was my second leg day of the week. As predicted, I smashed it.

However, perhaps it was stress (family drama), but I felt a little short of breath / lightheaded at some points in the workout. The odd thing was that I don't think that it impacted my workout endurance, though. Yet, when I took my Cycle Support later on, I felt better...so maybe it was Halo-related, not sure.

Also, later on in the day, I was leaning over the sink in the bathroom, and I had some slightly uncomfortable tighness in my lower back. I guess that was a back pump.
Meh...sounds like you may have just been a bit worn out...an off day...it happens. :)

Day 18:

Home scale: 186.2; Gym scale: 185.9

Today was a cardio and abs day. I increased my calories from protein and carbohydrates for this day, but I'm not sure by how much, to be honest. I wrote down what I ate, so I know to eat at least that much when my cardio and abs day comes up again next week.

Tomorrow is an off day, and then back to training again on Friday.

Day 19:

Nothing really new to support. However, I did increase both carbohydrates and protein today. I'm not sure by how much, but just like yesterday, I have what I ate written down, so I know to eat at least that much on my next off day.

One thing: I feel like I am a little more thirsty than normal...I don't remember anyone else reporting that in any other logs that I read, so for anyone who may read this one day--I feel like my thirst has increased slightly.

Tomorrow is a training day. More to come tomorrow.

Day 19:

Nothing really new to support. However, I did increase both carbohydrates and protein today. I'm not sure by how much, but just like yesterday, I have what I ate written down, so I know to eat at least that much on my next off day.

One thing: I feel like I am a little more thirsty than normal...I don't remember anyone else reporting that in any other logs that I read, so for anyone who may read this one day--I feel like my thirst has increased slightly.

Tomorrow is a training day. More to come tomorrow.
Completely normal, man...stay hydrated! :)

Day 20:

"Official" Weigh-in:
Home scale: 186.2; Gym scale: 186.8

As has been the pattern, I used my lifting split's first upper body day as an official weigh-in. Tomorrow is the last day of week 3, so it worked out well--after looking at both scales, I am up 6 pounds in 3 weeks.

As expected, my strength was up this workout as well.

Tomorrow is a rest day, then hitting the weights again on Sunday.

Completely normal, man...stay hydrated! :)

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just my mind playing tricks on me...I think I noticed that within a day or two of starting the cycle, actually...

Day 21:

Today was an off day, so nothing really to report. I maintained the same calorie intake as my last off day, too.

It is the last day of week 3, so half-way through the cycle. So far, I'm up 6 pounds, stronger, and eating a lot more calories per day without any noticeable gain in fat...so I think it's working. On top of that, I was looking at myself in the bathroom mirror today (lol), and I definitely look bigger, especially my traps.

In fact, yesterday a friend at the gym, without being prompted, commented on my vascularity. I then asked him if I looked any different recently, and he said that I looked bigger, so I told him that I'm 3 weeks into a Halo Extreme cycle. In addition to the vascularity, he said that my arms definitely look bigger...so he was the second person to notice a difference without being prompted.

Tomorrow is a training day. I'm excited.

Day 21:

Today was an off day, so nothing really to report. I maintained the same calorie intake as my last off day, too.

It is the last day of week 3, so half-way through the cycle. So far, I'm up 6 pounds, stronger, and eating a lot more calories per day without any noticeable gain in fat...so I think it's working. On top of that, I was looking at myself in the bathroom mirror today (lol), and I definitely look bigger, especially my traps.

In fact, yesterday a friend at the gym, without being prompted, commented on my vascularity. I then asked him if I looked any different recently, and he said that I looked bigger, so I told him that I'm 3 weeks into a Halo Extreme cycle. In addition to the vascularity, he said that my arms definitely look bigger...so he was the second person to notice a difference without being prompted.

Tomorrow is a training day. I'm excited.
Awesome, get your gym bros on the plan! :cool:

Day 21:

Another solid lower body workout.

However, my back pumps have been getting worse lately. Today was doable, but it was definitely uncomfortable at times. Perhaps I should bump up my taurine intake.

I increased my calories today as well. This is what I ate above my new "normal" workout day diet:
+now 4 teaspoons of olive oil at both lunch and dinner instead of 3.75
+50 calories of dried fruit
+1 piece of Ezekiel Bread
+10 grams of peanut butter

So, for anyone who may read this log later, these are the kinds of small adjustments in calorie intake that I have been making 2-3 times per week so far...focusing on raising carbs, mostly, since they are normally the body's main energy source for weight training.

Tomorrow is another training day. Let's see what happens...

Day 21:

Another solid lower body workout.

However, my back pumps have been getting worse lately. Today was doable, but it was definitely uncomfortable at times. Perhaps I should bump up my taurine intake.

I increased my calories today as well. This is what I ate above my new "normal" workout day diet:
+now 4 teaspoons of olive oil at both lunch and dinner instead of 3.75
+50 calories of dried fruit
+1 piece of Ezekiel Bread
+10 grams of peanut butter

So, for anyone who may read this log later, these are the kinds of small adjustments in calorie intake that I have been making 2-3 times per week so far...focusing on raising carbs, mostly, since they are normally the body's main energy source for weight training.

Tomorrow is another training day. Let's see what happens...
Don't forget about stretching for those lower back pumps. Stretching is often overlooked and definitely helps to relieve the pumps.

Day 22:

Home scale: 187.4 --- Gym scale: 187.8

Today was an upper body training day. The strength gains were impressive, as they have been. Unlike yesterday, I had almost no back pumps. Perhaps my low back was tight, perhaps I forgot to take my taurine...not quite sure...but it was much better today.

My hunger was still high as well. Instead of the extra piece of Ezekiel Bread that I added into my diet yesterday, I replaced it with half of a whole wheat pita; since one serving of pita is 90 calories vs. 80 for 1 slice of Ezekiel bread, today I added 10 calories from carbohydrates above what I had already added yesterday. My new favorite snack is whole wheat pita + peanut butter.

In fact, my mom saw my snack and had to make one for herself...she has a new favorite snack, too, lol.

Don't forget about stretching for those lower back pumps. Stretching is often overlooked and definitely helps to relieve the pumps.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to remember that next time I get back pumps. Thanks for the advice!

Day 23:

Today was an off day. I increased calories from carbohydrates by 45 calories (1/4 of a whole wheat pita), but I'm still playing around with where I want calories to be for my next off day.

I am always very thirsty, as I reported earlier.

Also, not sure if this is related to the cycle, but my skin feels a bit drier. The weather here has gotten unseasonably cold, so that might have something to do with it. Since I am very thirsty, I thought that perhaps there is a connection...

Tomorrow is a training day. More to report back tomorrow.

Day 23:

Today was an off day. I increased calories from carbohydrates by 45 calories (1/4 of a whole wheat pita), but I'm still playing around with where I want calories to be for my next off day.

I am always very thirsty, as I reported earlier.

Also, not sure if this is related to the cycle, but my skin feels a bit drier. The weather here has gotten unseasonably cold, so that might have something to do with it. Since I am very thirsty, I thought that perhaps there is a connection...

Tomorrow is a training day. More to report back tomorrow.
That's true...the cold weather definitely could be adding to the dryness. This winter is acting like a whore.

Day 24:

Today was a training day. My numbers were up on everything, as expected. For some reason I was extremely tired when I woke up and on my way to the gym. However, it didn't affect my workout.

After my workout and post-workout meal, however, I fell asleep for about an hour. This is not usual for me, but I guess that I needed it. Although I have had more energy than normal most days while on this cycle, some days I feel absolutely drained and have to take a nap...these days usually coincide with either a) the end of the week, or b) hard workouts. I guess that my body is trying to repair itself from the pounding, idk.

Looking back on the day, I accidentally ate a bit less fruit than I should have today, I think. However, I did increase calories from carbohydrates by 45 calories by eating 1/4 of a whole wheat pita. With my body adapting so fast, it can be a bit confusing.

Tip for anyone who runs this: keep a food log. It is the only way to remember how much of what you ate so that you know how much to increase your calories day-by-day.

Tomorrow is another training day. I'm excited.

Day 25:

Training (Leg) Day. Strength and endurance were great, as expected.

I maintained the same calorie intake as my previous training day (yesterday), and I was sure to try not to miscount calories. Honestly, I felt like I could have eaten a bit more, but I felt satisfied.

BTW: As a side note, now I am up to 6 grams of Taurine per day, most of which is taken pre-workout (maybe about 4 grams?)

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Day 26:

Gym scale: 190.2

Today was a cardio, abs, and shoulder stability training day. I increased calories from fat by 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil.

I haven't weighed myself recently, so I was surprised that I was up as much as I was...I was expecting 189.0. I feel like I might be gaining a bit of fat, so I'm going to try to temper my calorie increases a bit this upcoming week.

Tomorrow is an off day. Let's see if anything interesting happens...

Day 26:

CORRECTION:
I increased calories from fat by 1 teaspoon of olive oil.

Day 26:

Gym scale: 190.2

Today was a cardio, abs, and shoulder stability training day. I increased calories from fat by 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil.

I haven't weighed myself recently, so I was surprised that I was up as much as I was...I was expecting 189.0. I feel like I might be gaining a bit of fat, so I'm going to try to temper my calorie increases a bit this upcoming week.

Tomorrow is an off day. Let's see if anything interesting happens...
Why do you think you're gaining fat? How much have you increased cals since beginning of cycle? And did you check bodyfat before cycle?

Day 27:

Home scale: 188.6

Off day. Not much to report.

Why do you think you're gaining fat? How much have you increased cals since beginning of cycle? And did you check bodyfat before cycle?

Someone who saw me shirtless said that it looks like I might have gained a tiny bit. It's completely subjective, but I felt like I might have. I'll have to log my calories, but I've probably increased them by a few 100 since the start of the cycle. I didn't do any sort of body fat test at the beginning, so I have no numbers...just others' opinions...so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I've been really aggressive with my calorie increases, so today I held steady. I'll probably increase a bit tomorrow.

Day 27:

Home scale: 188.6

Off day. Not much to report.

Someone who saw me shirtless said that it looks like I might have gained a tiny bit. It's completely subjective, but I felt like I might have. I'll have to log my calories, but I've probably increased them by a few 100 since the start of the cycle. I didn't do any sort of body fat test at the beginning, so I have no numbers...just others' opinions...so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. I've been really aggressive with my calorie increases, so today I held steady. I'll probably increase a bit tomorrow.
Well, just eat towards your goal: surplus to bulk, deficit to cut..

Day 28:

Home scale: 187.4

Today was an off day. It was supposed to be a training day, but a family emergency prevented that from happening. However, I did stay on my diet perfectly...I just didn't have time to train.

I am back to the gym tomorrow.

Well, just eat towards your goal: surplus to bulk, deficit to cut..

I am trying to do a lean bulk, so I have slowly been raising calories, usually in about 30 calorie increments. However, last week I was a bit more aggressive, and I think that I added calories a bit too quickly...but I think that I'm back on track now.

Day 28:

Home scale: 187.4

Today was an off day. It was supposed to be a training day, but a family emergency prevented that from happening. However, I did stay on my diet perfectly...I just didn't have time to train.

I am back to the gym tomorrow.

I am trying to do a lean bulk, so I have slowly been raising calories, usually in about 30 calorie increments. However, last week I was a bit more aggressive, and I think that I added calories a bit too quickly...but I think that I'm back on track now.
Ah...was probably just some bloat/water weight...carry on. :)

Day 29:

A training day. It went very well, as usual...but I am starting to feel like I am "past the peak" of the cycle. Users of other halodrol clones in other logs often mentioned that they felt like the 3rd and 4th weeks were the "peak," so I am not surprised. I am still gaining strength--and the rate of strength gain really hasn't decreased--I just feel "past the peak." It's hard to describe.

I increased my calories by 65 calories from carbohydrates (25g of dried fruit and 1/4 of a whole wheat pita).

Day 30:

Today was another training day: legs. However, I felt like perhaps I wasn't completely recovered from my last leg session (I had to change up my normal split), but it still went OK.

I maintained the increased calorie level from yesterday.

3 caps of Halo daily and TRT will yeild great results and yep...halo-e and trt is poetry in motion...great combo..

Have fun!

I'm not on TRT, actually...sorry for the confusion. I'm running it as a solo.

Back