Mrsheavyiron's Osta RX Cycle and Training Journal

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Mrsheavyiron's Osta RX Cycle and Training Journal

After having my son (who is now 4) I found it difficult to find the motivation and time to get back in the gym. I know it has mostly been me making excuses for myself but having a child and working full time is a lot of work. It really does take discipline and effort to make the time. One day it hit me pretty hard that if I didn't do something now it is only going to get harder and harder. I realized that I could spend the holidays packing on even more pounds or I could enter a transformation challenge that Heavyiron was entering and feel better after the holidays not worse.

I am proud to say that I finished my first ever challenge 24 pounds down. I feel great but I also realize I am only half way to where I want to be. If I do not get the weight off now, it will never happen so I MUST PUSH ON!

MY DIET/EXCERCISE PLAN

My Keto Diet Plan

4 meals per day.

25 grams of protein per meal (every meal)=about 1 heaping scoop protein powder, 4 oz chicken, fish or lean meat, 1 cup egg whites plus one whole egg.

30 grams Carbs daily - approx 7.5 carbs per meal through veggies

grams healthy fats daily = about 1/2 ounce raw almonds, walnuts, 1 TBS almond butter, 1/4 an avocado or 1 whole egg. Supplement with another 2 grams of fish oil in the AM daily. Lean beef is a fat portion.

Cheat meal is typically Tuesday OR Wednesday night. 30 grams of fat for that meal and 8 carbs - 60 fat for the whole day.

Carb load To be determined after 4-5 weeks

Simple sugars to be avoided at all times.

Training
    Body part training on a 4 day per week split. Must weight train on cheat meal day

Cardio
    4 sessions of 45 minutes interval cardio weekly. Target heart rate of 130-140 BPM.

Hydration=96 oz fluids daily (3/4 gallon)

Fiber
    Fibrous veggies or salad 2 meals daily, 6 grams fiber supplement at night before bed.

Supplement cycle
    Osta Rx - 2 caps per day for 8 weeks
    Lean Fuel Extreme - 2 caps per day for 8 weeks
    Razor Cuts - 2 caps per day on final week

Other Supplements taken daily

IML Whey Isolate
    Essence EFA Omega 3
    Flex RX
    Multi RX

The pictures aren't pretty yet but better than they were AND hopefully we will see some big changes by the end of this cycle! In December I was in my early 40s 5'9'' 192 and as of this morning weighing in at 176.2

I am really hoping that I will be able to break into the 150s in time for summer!

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator

Nice detailed start to your log! I'm trying to get my girl friend to sign up and log as well, she'd like to track progress and could use some motivation. I'm sure you'll have great success in meeting your goals with Mr Heavyiron to help you out. I'll be following along. Best of luck

Super Moderator

Great work! Keep at it. I'll be following along!
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Discount Code = ebfitness15

IronMag Research 15% Off Discount Code = ebfitness15

Sub'd!!!

Hey Lady. Excited to see you here logging. Nice job on your pound down challenge. Looking great.

Wishing you the best in as you continue your journey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Tami15

Thanks everyone~

Well the first couple of days on my Keto diet brought cravings for something crunchy. I also felt a little bit low energy. It helps knowing that once my body converts to fat as it's fuel source I will feel better and the cravings go away. Tomorrow I will do my first test strip to see if I am in ketosis.

As I mentioned, yesterday I was feeling a little bit out of it. I got all the way to the gym before I realized it wasn't my gym day!So, I went ahead and did the arm workout that I had scheduled for today.

Today I skipped the gym but did 45 minutes of cardio and tomorrow I will be back to the gym for leg day.

I weighed 170.2 this morning so I am hoping to be back into the 160's tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsheavyiron View Post
    Thanks everyone

Well the first couple of days on my Keto diet brought cravings for something crunchy. I also felt a little bit low energy. It helps knowing that once my body converts to fat as it's fuel source I will feel better and the cravings go away. Tomorrow I will do my first test strip to see if I am in ketosis.

As I mentioned, yesterday I was feeling a little bit out of it. I got all the way to the gym before I realized it wasn't my gym day!So, I went ahead and did the arm workout that I had scheduled for today.

Today I skipped the gym but did 45 minutes of cardio and tomorrow I will be back to the gym for leg day.

I weighed 170.2 this morning so I am hoping to be back into the 160's tomorrow morning.
    WOW You're already lost 6lbs?? I know the concept of keto, but I have never actually tried it myself. It seems to work great for you... Do you think I could use a keto diet with a 12 hr fast from 8pm to 8am to help increase my metabolism? Also how do you test to see if you are in ketosis? Thanks

Your on a roll Lady!!! Sounds like the science of Keto is in full fledge!! You be over that difficult hump soon.
    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Tami15

Super Moderator

Thanks everyone~

Pork rinds (plain) are a sneaky little zero carb, crunchy snack that will help satisfy cravings during keto..
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Discount Code = ebfitness15

IronMag Research 15% Off Discount Code = ebfitness15

Yep - down 6 pounds that quickly - Carbohydrates are a big sponge - The beginning of a keto diet will often bring quick weight loss because of the excess water that is shed when the carbohydrates are removed from your system. I would expect that after the initial water weight, I will lose 1 to 2 pounds per week.

Heavy may be able to speak better to your question about using Keto to seed up your metabolism but I will say that it is not a short term diet. It often takes several days to get into ketosis and any cheating will knock you out. This is why it is such a good diet for me - NO CHEATING!

I use Ketone strips to test my urine. They are available over the counter but usually need to be requested at the pharmacy.

I am trying to stay within 30 grams of fat and 30 grams of carbs per day so pork rinds will have to be a treat reserved for special occasions.