• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Benoit23's Epi/Halo First Cycle Log

Yeah right now I've just been doing over/under with my Versa Grips, which by the way I could not rave about anymore ... those things are amazing!! Especially for back/bi workouts and being able to go heavier and actually work your back and not have your grip/forearms fail first, causing your back to not get worked out as well as it could. I'll def look up all those variations though!
Current fav:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E71BNdSWVrE

Yeah right now I've just been doing over/under with my Versa Grips, which by the way I could not rave about anymore ... those things are amazing!! Especially for back/bi workouts and being able to go heavier and actually work your back and not have your grip/forearms fail first, causing your back to not get worked out as well as it could. I'll def look up all those variations though!
Versa Grips are the shit! Been using them for a couple of years now and have since said goodbye to tendonitis in my elbow caused by forearm muscles. Not to mention how much they help with the mind muscle connection in the back since you can relax the grip quite a bit.

Good log, following along. EB knows whats up. Glad to see you taking his advise. Keep up the good work!

Thanks man and I totally agree you cant beat Versa. Glad you're following really lookin forward to these next few weeks as halo is said to really start kickin in this week. EB has been awesome helping out.

Day 17 - chest and tris and calves another solid workout ... I feel like I should throw out a disclaimer as well as a question ... I feel like a lot of the logs are always like "I felt like a monster, felt like alpha" etc but to me I always kill my workouts and give them 100% leaving the gym totally taxed walking to my car so I don't want people to think because I'm not saying all I'm not having a good cycle or anything I feel great just not anything over the top from the usual ... My question for EB, NSP, Pete, or any of the guys following is ... Is that something you'd agree with? Maybe the people that didn't have the best workout ethics or go as hard may describe some of those feelings where as someone that always had intense it's harder to distinguish the positive "feel related" sides?? Also it is only mid week 2 so maybe in the days to come I'll have more to say, but basically just didn't want anyone to be discouraged because I'm not reporting a whole ton like some people do ... That being said my strength feels great nothing over the top to report but def having some great lifts ... Also I'm already pretty vascular before running the cycle so that's kind of hard for me to comment on as well but the pumps do feel good ... I'll try to post a post workout pump pic soon

Day 17 - chest and tris and calves another solid workout ... I feel like I should throw out a disclaimer as well as a question ... I feel like a lot of the logs are always like "I felt like a monster, felt like alpha" etc but to me I always kill my workouts and give them 100% leaving the gym totally taxed walking to my car so I don't want people to think because I'm not saying all I'm not having a good cycle or anything I feel great just not anything over the top from the usual ... My question for EB, NSP, Pete, or any of the guys following is ... Is that something you'd agree with? Maybe the people that didn't have the best workout ethics or go as hard may describe some of those feelings where as someone that always had intense it's harder to distinguish the positive "feel related" sides?? Also it is only mid week 2 so maybe in the days to come I'll have more to say, but basically just didn't want anyone to be discouraged because I'm not reporting a whole ton like some people do ... That being said my strength feels great nothing over the top to report but def having some great lifts ... Also I'm already pretty vascular before running the cycle so that's kind of hard for me to comment on as well but the pumps do feel good ... I'll try to post a post workout pump pic soon

Looking back on it I never had the alpha feeling. I definitely noticed an increase on strength which got me fired up/motivated as I would set PR's on everything each day. Try upping your carbs and playing with meal timing, large amounts of carbs 3-4 hours before a workout made a huge difference for me.

I never had any real sensation of alpha male or aggression, even during weeks 4-6 when I felt like I was peaking. I didn't even feel stronger... until I picked up the weight. Once I put the weight in my hand I just kept surprising myself by being able to keep moving the weight up while either maintaining or exceeding rep count from the previous week. And of course, when you're blowing old PR's out of the water you kinda feel like a bad ass! So maybe a little self generated alpha male from that ;)

Looking back on it I never had the alpha feeling. I definitely noticed an increase on strength which got me fired up/motivated as I would set PR's on everything each day. Try upping your carbs and playing with meal timing, large amounts of carbs 3-4 hours before a workout made a huge difference for me.

I never had any real sensation of alpha male or aggression, even during weeks 4-6 when I felt like I was peaking. I didn't even feel stronger... until I picked up the weight. Once I put the weight in my hand I just kept surprising myself by being able to keep moving the weight up while either maintaining or exceeding rep count from the previous week. And of course, when you're blowing old PR's out of the water you kinda feel like a bad ass! So maybe a little self generated alpha male from that ;)

The way I'm training its hard to be setting PRs too often. I do periodization in micro cycles, so week one each muscle group will be whatever makes me fail in the 15-12 rep range, week 2 is 11-9, week three 8-6 then week 4 5-3. Then I recycle thru and try to do a little more than the week before in each rep range. Im wondering if maybe I should just switch to a more conventional workout of just trying to hit the 6,7,8 rep range for 4 sets or so on each lift each workout and just try to keep seeing if i can do more weights each weeek or more reps with the same weight. I've never really "bulked" before nor been one for consistently lifting heavy because ive always been more about the aesthetic appearance than anything else. I was told to not switch up my routine just because I was on gear, but maybe I need to switch it up just based on eating more and so called "bulking". Opinions welcome.

Somewhat pumped pic from post chest/tri workout yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 13
Looking good. Definitely leaner than me without any doubt haha. If you're after aesthetic purposes, keep at what you're doing, it's working. Take in more calories though, it's alright if you put on a couple bf%, it won't be that noticeable along with muscular gains.

In regards to strength, I've had great luck doing 5/3/1 training, then burnout sets at the end with higher reps on those compounds, and finally, move onto "bodybuilding" isolation exercises in the typical hypertrophy rep range.

Looking good. Definitely leaner than me without any doubt haha. If you're after aesthetic purposes, keep at what you're doing, it's working. Take in more calories though, it's alright if you put on a couple bf%, it won't be that noticeable along with muscular gains.

In regards to strength, I've had great luck doing 5/3/1 training, then burnout sets at the end with higher reps on those compounds, and finally, move onto "bodybuilding" isolation exercises in the typical hypertrophy rep range.
This. Classic power-building.

Thanks! So you mean picking Squat, Deads, Bench, Shoulder press, or one main excerise per muscle group and on those day doing sets of 5,3,1 followed by a few drop sets and then for the other lifts for that muscle group after just doing sets of 6-10? That actually may not be a bad idea and may help me to make some progress on my bench which I just cant seem to get too high no matter what i do.

18 - takin the night off. I never do this because not hittin the gym makes me feel like a sloth, but I just played softball in 90+ degree weather and as bad as I wanna go hit back and bi I know I'd leave unsatisfied so I'm just gunna save it for tomorrow when I can give it my all. Gunna invite a chick over for a horrible netflix horror movie aka get in some of that cardio we all love. Speaking of that I know I haven't mentioned many sides but I do feel like when I cum it's less. Take that as you will and also enjoy one of my favorite Arnold moments ...

Last edited:
^ Shit keep that extra test for yourself. She's just trying to steal your gains ;) , don't let her.

JK. That cardio keeps us all healthy/sane. More pumps more humps.

18 - takin the night off. I never do this because not hittin the gym makes me feel like a sloth, but I just played softball in 90+ degree weather and as bad as I wanna go hit back and bi I know I'd leave unsatisfied so I'm just gunna save it for tomorrow when I can give it my all. Gunna invite a chick over for a horrible netflix horror movie aka get in some of that cardio we all love. Speaking of that I know I haven't mentioned many sides but I do feel like when I cum it's less. Take that as you will and also enjoy one of my favorite Arnold moments ...

Common side of being shut down; PCT will fix that pretty quick...especially clomid.

Day 19 - glad I took yesterday off felt yesterday during back and bi ... Love the pump ... Will be hitting shoulders in a few hours for today (day 20)

That's the spirit. Sometimes we all need a day off, I actually plan sundays as my day off now. Keeps me fired up to hit the gym again knowing that I hate taking time off, but end up sitting around thinking about lifting the whole time. Give that whole powerbuilding idea a try, your strength will shoot wayyyy up.

Day 21 - had a great legs day! everything feels good. I feel like over the last few months my legs have really started to make some progress so I'm happy with that.

Day 22 - Weighed in this morning right at 165 so only up about .5 pounds this last week which is good because I was really tryin to find my maintenance cuz I felt I gained too fast that first weeks. Will bump the calories up 200 or so and carry on. Decided my goal is to get to 175 then just maintain for the rest of the time so we will see how that goes. Gunna do chest/tris/calves later today.

Day 21 - had a great legs day! everything feels good. I feel like over the last few months my legs have really started to make some progress so I'm happy with that.

Day 22 - Weighed in this morning right at 165 so only up about .5 pounds this last week which is good because I was really tryin to find my maintenance cuz I felt I gained too fast that first weeks. Will bump the calories up 200 or so and carry on. Decided my goal is to get to 175 then just maintain for the rest of the time so we will see how that goes. Gunna do chest/tris/calves later today.
It's fun tweaking cals and bodyweight to find where you look and feel the best, also a plus if you can find a certain amount of cals where you don't feel like your stuffing or starving yourself.

It's fun tweaking cals and bodyweight to find where you look and feel the best, also a plus if you can find a certain amount of cals where you don't feel like your stuffing or starving yourself.

Yeah looks like my maintence is actually around 2750 or so which is about 250 less than the online calculators suggested so i had been eating around 3200-3300 that first week or two when i packed it on. This last week I was just above it around 2850 and only gained that half pound. So this week I'm going to keep it right at 3000 and see where that takes me.

Day 23 - okay so today I had back and bi and abs and I have no clue of it was the PH starting kick in more or just be heading into the workout in a pissed off mood but I had a lot lf aggression and the workout felt great ... Hopin for a lot more of that to come ... I seriously just wanted everyone the hell outta my way and I've never felt like that before ... Side note: was so used to taking my shred jym daily I completely forgot to go off it starting this bulk... So I've been taking a damn fat burner these last 3 weeks which I'm sure has been nice and counterproductive but anyway it's gone from the stack now ... Looking forward to killin shoulders tomorrow

Day 23 - okay so today I had back and bi and abs and I have no clue of it was the PH starting kick in more or just be heading into the workout in a pissed off mood but I had a lot lf aggression and the workout felt great ... Hopin for a lot more of that to come ... I seriously just wanted everyone the hell outta my way and I've never felt like that before ... Side note: was so used to taking my shred jym daily I completely forgot to go off it starting this bulk... So I've been taking a damn fat burner these last 3 weeks which I'm sure has been nice and counterproductive but anyway it's gone from the stack now ... Looking forward to killin shoulders tomorrow
You're prob feeling the Halo; this is when it kicks in STRONG.

Day 24 was shoulders and today was day 25 which was legs ... Great workout again. Got 300 x 11 on regular squat today. Had always used smith before and decided to switch to regular this go round so pretty happy with that had more in the tank too. We will see what I can get in my heavy rep range in 8 days. Loving every minute of the cycle so far nothin negative to report at all.

Sorry for not updating for a few days, but everything is going great. This is the start of Day 29 and I weighed in at 168.8 which is exactly 10 pounds up in 4 weeks. Im very satisfied with that. My abs are not near as defined but I feel like the gians have been pretty lean. I feel very strong and not like I'm just getting fat. Really pumped for the rest of this run as I backed Halo down to 50mg a day now and added m sten in at 20mg for the first time today. Mike helped me round the rest of this run out based on the product I have on hand. Halo will be kept at 50mg for the next 2 weeks until it is gone and the m sten will be ran along side it for those 2 weeks and then by itself the last 2 weeks rounding out the 8 week cycle before starting Nolva and Ultra in week 9 for 4 weeks and e control weeks 10-13.

I have zero side effects to report from the 4 weeks of halo and epi andro. I didn't really notice anything too crazy on it as I know its a fairly mild run, but I cant really argue with the results as I'm up 10 pounds and feeling strong. If anything new arises from the M Sten these next 4 weeks (still running epi andro with it) I'll be sure to report it. I'll also try to keep updating the log daily with how my lifts for the day went. Super excited to see what M sten has in store as many people rave about it. Going to be keeping the macros the same as they have been this last week when I gained around 3 pounds or so (3000 calories - 2-400 above maintenance). Lookin to get to that 175 then switch to maintenance and recomp the rest of the way..... well maybe haha we will see I may push it to 180 if i can :)

Sorry for not updating for a few days, but everything is going great. This is the start of Day 29 and I weighed in at 168.8 which is exactly 10 pounds up in 4 weeks. Im very satisfied with that. My abs are not near as defined but I feel like the gians have been pretty lean. I feel very strong and not like I'm just getting fat. Really pumped for the rest of this run as I backed Halo down to 50mg a day now and added m sten in at 20mg for the first time today. Mike helped me round the rest of this run out based on the product I have on hand. Halo will be kept at 50mg for the next 2 weeks until it is gone and the m sten will be ran along side it for those 2 weeks and then by itself the last 2 weeks rounding out the 8 week cycle before starting Nolva and Ultra in week 9 for 4 weeks and e control weeks 10-13.

I have zero side effects to report from the 4 weeks of halo and epi andro. I didn't really notice anything too crazy on it as I know its a fairly mild run, but I cant really argue with the results as I'm up 10 pounds and feeling strong. If anything new arises from the M Sten these next 4 weeks (still running epi andro with it) I'll be sure to report it. I'll also try to keep updating the log daily with how my lifts for the day went. Super excited to see what M sten has in store as many people rave about it. Going to be keeping the macros the same as they have been this last week when I gained around 3 pounds or so (3000 calories - 2-400 above maintenance). Lookin to get to that 175 then switch to maintenance and recomp the rest of the way..... well maybe haha we will see I may push it to 180 if i can :)
Remember to adjust your maintenance cals for lbs added.

Back