DMZ 3.0 / Epi-Andro Run

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day5: Did arms today for the second time this week. I felt really strong, did more weight and reps on my regular exercises and actually did an extra set for both tri's and bi's. Had a hell of a pump when I left out of there. The sweat was unreal, especially considering I just worked arms which is usually an easy day. Relatively speaking of course. I attached a pic I took in the locker room. I had to wipe my head off after every set cause it was just pouring out of me. Even one of my buddies said something. LoL Work out as follows:

Ez Bar Preacher Curls super set with Over head dumb bell extensions ** Note: not sure the weight of the ez bar, so I'm giving it 20 lbs**
    12 x 40 - 12 x 20
    12 x 50 - 12 x 25
    10 x 60 - 12 x 30
    09 x 70 - 07 x 35

Neutral Grip Skull Crunchers super set with One arm Alternating dumbbell Curls **Note: not sure of the neutral grip bar either, so I'll add 10lbs for it**
    12 x 60 - 12 x 30
    12 x 70 - 11 x 35
    09 x 80 - 08 x 40
    06 x 90 - 05 x 45

Neutral Grip Curls super set with One arm Dumbbell Kick backs **Note: adding 10lbs for neutral grip bar**
    15 x 40 - 12 x 15
    12 x 50 - 10 x 20
    12 x 60 - 09 x 25
    09 x 70 - 06 x 25

Bodyweight Dips super set with Reverse grip Tricep cable pull downs
    18 x BW - 30 lbs to failure
    13 x BW - 30 lbs to failure
    12 x BW - 30 lbs to failure
    09 x BW - 30 lbs to failure

Reverse grip ez bar curls super set with standing cable curls
    12 x 50 - 30 lbs to failure
    12 x 60 - 30 lbs to failure
    10 x 60 - 30 lbs to failure
    08 x 60 - 30 lbs to failure

Nothing negative to report in the way of sides. Feeling strong and healthy. Tomorrow will be legs. I will post the workout for tomorrow and then that will be all for posting the workouts. I'll note throughout the log as I break PR's and such, but you should have an idea now about how I'm training with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rthompson76; 08-01-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Haha, don't worry though, that sweating will dissipate after a while.
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Discount Code = ebfitness15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 6: Legs - Had a kick ass day in the gym this morning. I literally had to force myself to leave. It felt like I could have keep going for hours. lol My legs are weak. When I first started working out 4 years ago I had a lot of issues with my right knee and it was a slow and grueling process working through it. My numbers may not be impressive to the average joe, but when compared to where I started they're awesome, ate least for me. To put things in perspective I was unable to do 1 squat rep with an empty bar and I could only do about 5 reps on the leg press machine with no added weight. That in mind, my workout is as follows:

Squats
    10 x 95
    10 x 135
    06 x 165
    05 x 185
    03 x 205
    02 x 235
    01 x 255
    -- x 265 Failed at 265. Spotter wasn't there today. If had gotten a little taparoo I'm pretty sure I could have come up with. Just couldn't get it moving out of the hole.

Quarter Squats - One peg lower than last week ( almost deep enough to be a real squat, but not quite )
    02 x 275
    02 x 275
    01 x 275 ( Went for a second, and had put it on the pins )

Squats
    01 x 235
    02 x 205
    05 x 185
    08 x 155 (set it on the pins going for #9)

Sumo Deadlifts
    12 x 135
    09 x 185
    06 x 225
    03 x 275
    01 x 315 (this was an epic pull for me in regards to weight, especially consider the squat work before this set)

Leg Press ( Weight is just total plates, not sure what the rack weighs )
    15 x 200
    12 x 290
    09 x 380
    07 x 470

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    10 x 155
    09 x 185
    07 x 195
    05 x 205

Walking Lunges w/ dumbbell (rep is for both legs)
    10 x 45
    09 x 45
    07 x 45
    05 x 45 ( almost called 'ralph' here

Seated Calf raises, full range of motion super set with Farmer's walks on hex bar
    15 x 95 - FW w/ 170 lbs
    14 x 95 - FW w/ 240 lbs
    12 x 95 - FW w/ 260 lbs
    09 x 95 - FW w/ 260 lbs

Standing Calf raises - 5 full motion / 5 top half reps / 5 bottom half reps / full motion
    18 x 225
    17 x 245
    16 x 245
    17 x 245

Such a good day. This work out not only set some PR's over last week but it also had much more quantity in it. Have a feeling I'm gonna feel this in the morning. Here's a pic of me near the top of my pull with the 315 on the sumo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^ ugh. I didn't do a good job proofing that post.
    Last edited by rthompson76; 08-02-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Great job and log so far man!! Following
    IRONMAGLABS BODYBUILDING NUTRITION 15% Off Coupon Code =
    CHEZ15

Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IMLCHEZ
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/ironmagchez
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/IMLCHEZ
    EMAIL: ironmagchez@gmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chez View Post
    Great job and log so far man!! Following
    Thanks! Welcome aboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 7: Chest - Because screw international chest day. ha ha. I was a lot less sore this morning than I thought I'd be. My quads and glutes had a little DOMS going on, but nothing major. Recovery is incredible, I did massive amounts of volume yesterday and by all rights should be crawling right now. Got to the gym early, took some time to stretch out and loosen up before I got started.. mostly my jaw muscles blabbing to a buddy. lol It was another killer workout once I got started. Strength and intensity are at new levels right now. Definitely n decent increases over Wednesday's chest workout.

I did
    Flat Barbell
    Incline Barbell
    Decline Barbell
    Dumbbell Flyes (slight incline)
    Low cable flyes
    High cable flyes
    and I did some super sets for forearms during some these exercises. On the flat bench I did 4 at 225, then chipped 235 for 1 and chipped again 245 for 1 and then did 4 more at 225 which is a bump from Wednesday. On the incline I did about the same as last week, except the last set at 185 I did 4 reps that was all me and not a spotter pushing me through it. For Declines I went big today, took it up 205 for 10 reps on my final set. Dumbbell flyes also saw a bump to 50 lbs for 8 on my last set and my cable flyes also had a small bump in weight. Again, I forced myself to leave feeling like I could have kept on gettin it. Basically one week and I feel like a monster!! I will take weight and a BF measurement tomorrow and see where I'm at. My gut looks noticeably tighter, especially in the morning when I first wake up and I'm starting to see some vascular improvement as well. Mostly in the area where the chest and shoulders meet and also in the bicep. Been keeping diet on point, but feel like I should probably up the intake some. I'm going to cut loose today, after I write this log I'm heading to costco for one of their rotisserie chickens and stopping at giant to get a box of velveeta shells and then I'm gonna come home and eat like a fat kid. HA HA nom nom nom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yeah, at this point in my life I really just live for cheat days...nothing else...kill me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    Yeah, at this point in my life I really just live for cheat days...nothing else...kill me.
    Ha ha. I hear ya. I'm so excited to get home and eat this mac & cheese!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthompson76 View Post
    Ha ha. I hear ya. I'm so excited to get home and eat this mac & cheese!
    Simple pleasures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 8: Legs are sore this morning. lol Guess I shouldn't have talked shit until I got through the entire 48 hours. At least being at work today I will have the chance to stretch them out seeing as I walk around a lot. I weighed in this morning at 200 lbs and 14.8% BF. That's 5 lbs up in one week with virtually no change in BF. I'm very happy with that for week 1. Feeling really good still, nothing negative at all to report. I will continue this post after I get to the gym a little later. Thinking of hitting shoulders again to give my legs one more day before hitting some dead lifts for back day, may change my mind between now and then. I'll let ya know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 8 cont'd: Got to the gym and the dead lift area was wide open. So my decision immediately became back!! Pulls felt really really good today and I got a new PR for 345 lb convential dead lift. The rest of back day was excellent. Was stronger in almost all exercises. I was either taking an extra set at a higher weight or adding clean reps to an already heavy sets. I feel like my appetite might be ramping up a little. Not sure if it's the stack or if it is just because I've hit some big muscle groups hard over the past few days. Thinking of adding a meal today and stopping for a greasy treat on the way home. Maybe some Popeye's.. I sure do love that chicken from Popeye's. LOL

Still nothing negative to report. Feel like a beast and like I can conquer the world!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthompson76 View Post
    Day 8 cont'd: Got to the gym and the dead lift area was wide open. So my decision immediately became back!! Pulls felt really really good today and I got a new PR for 345 lb convential dead lift. The rest of back day was excellent. Was stronger in almost all exercises. I was either taking an extra set at a higher weight or adding clean reps to an already heavy sets. I feel like my appetite might be ramping up a little. Not sure if it's the stack or if it is just because I've hit some big muscle groups hard over the past few days. Thinking of adding a meal today and stopping for a greasy treat on the way home. Maybe some Popeye's.. I sure do love that chicken from Popeye's. LOL

Still nothing negative to report. Feel like a beast and like I can conquer the world!!
    Gotta love back day!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 9: Shoulders and abs. I feel like I just did these? ha ha If I keep feeling this awesome, there's a very good chance I won't take a 'rest' day for the full 4 week run. I free styled a little today on shoulders and threw in a few new exercises to mix things up and keep the body guessing. I started with some standing military presses and then jumped in to some side lateral to front raises super set'd with barbell shrugs. These things were brutal and gave me a great pump. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...o-front-raise-
    Nothing really major to report from my work out. No major PR's or anything today, just a lot of volume with great intensity. I'm actually thinking about hitting a second leg day tomorrow. Nothing too big, but maybe some hack squats and then some isolation stuff ( extensions, curls, etc. )

No negative sides to report, at all. Have a great feeling this is going to be a solid run for me! Appetite wasn't quite as intense today, felt about normal. I pigged out yesterday so hopefully that'll keep the hunger pains at bay for a few days. Loving the SDMZ/Epi stack so far!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im glad ur enjoying your run brother. Great combination you got going here
    IRONMAGLABS BODYBUILDING NUTRITION 15% Off Coupon Code =
    CHEZ15

Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IMLCHEZ
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/ironmagchez
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/IMLCHEZ
    EMAIL: ironmagchez@gmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chez View Post
    Im glad ur enjoying your run brother. Great combination you got going here
    Thanks Chez! It's definitely a lot different run than the halo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 10: Arms .... & Legs!! Oh yea. Well, to sum up how today went in the gym all I can really say is that I was like a man possessed. I decided to just freestyle again since this was just kind of a fill in day. I ran circuits while training bi's, tri's, and legs. Just bouncing to whatever ever machine was open for a few sets. I kept weight relatively low and did all working sets, making sure to push clean reps all the way to failure. Honestly, it was great. Legs consisted of hack squats, extensions, curls, and conventional squats with a 3 second pause at the bottom. Bi's had preacher, cable, spyder, hammer, dumbbell and overhead cable curls. For triceps I did neutral grip skull crushers, dumbbell extensions, reverse grip pull down ( one handed and two handed ) dips and kick backs. Keep in mind my real leg day is on Saturday so I was careful not to do too much with them today, but wanted to get some work in for them.

Work had me in a different location today where I am a member of Sport & Health, it's kind of my back up gym for when I have to work in the area. Yes, I have two gym memberships. lol I know some people there, but not like I do in my home gym. So I put my ears in cranked up the music and went to town. The most rest I had was when my work phone ring and I had to take a couple of minutes, but other than that I was looking at only about 30 second down times. I kept catching people staring at me when I was pacing the floor between circuits and I was ok with it. It actually made me feel good because I felt like they were "this guy is intense" stares. Who knows though, I suppose they could have just as easily been "this guys a dumb ass" stares. HA HA! But whatever it was, people were noticing. My energy levels today were inhuman. It was unbelievable. Now with that. I put in a solid hour and half of what I felt like was an insane workout and the only reason I stopped was because I had to back to work. I sit here right now typing this and feel like I didn't do enough today. It's crazy.

Still feeling great and nothing negative to report. I did notice I had some acne popping up on my shoulders, just a little bit. I'm susceptible to acne anyways, so not sure if it's the stack or I'm just having one of my own little break outs. Also, I stepped on the scale for shits and giggles this morning and noticed that I had dropped back to 198, the reason I did this is because I woke up to pee last night three different times, and each time felt like the longest pee of my life. Am I shedding water? Today the appetite was a touch on the voracious side so I've loaded up on the calories. All good meals except one. One meal was trashy... and delicious. haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

^^^ Sometimes it's just fun to chase that pump!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    ^^^ Sometimes it's just fun to chase that pump!
    Dude, I really enjoyed today. I'm usually always so regimented. It felt good to break out of the routine. "Chase the pump," I will remember that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 11: Back. Work kept me late so I'm going to make this quick. I did back today and started with dead lifts. Chipped 10 lbs on the pull I made on monday and got 355 today! It felt awesome. Toward the end of my workout a buddy came in, this guy is the one who has been helping me with deads and squats. He's an older guy and full of wisdom. Guess he is our local gym sensei. haha Anyways, he called me over to teach me some zercher squats. So along with a hell of a back day, I also put in some more leg work! Overall great day, nothing really special to report.

Still feeling really powerful, workouts are getting increasingly more intense it seems. As far as negative sides, there has been nothing that really stands out. The little bit of acne I had on my shoulders seems to be subsiding. My appetite is ramping up though, but I'm doing a pretty decent job of getting cals and keeping it somewhat clean. The pattern lately for food seems to be clean meals for the first half of the day, lift, post work out nutrition, and then a dirty meal.