DMZ 3.0 / Epi-Andro Run

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DMZ 3.0 / Epi-Andro Run

I will be starting my 2nd ever run at the beginning or middle of next week. I wanted to go ahead and get this thread started so I can log it for myself as well as others. I realize there is already a lot of DMZ logs here, so maybe it's more for my benefit. lol I ran a halo/epi cycle a few months back and logged that as well. During the down time I've done a lot of reading and decided I'm going to go ahead and do the DMZ next. Main reason being that I already had a bottle of it at the house and I'm pretty sure I've heard it call out to me a time or two. After reading some of Mike Arnold's posts, I have to say I agree with his philosophy about ever being 'ready' for one PH or the other. You just have to be educated, know the potential sides and effects of the PH's you plan on running, and run em to see how they effect you. So that's what I've done. I've studied up on the compounds I'll be taking on this run and feel I have a good handle on what I can expect and what may or may not happen. That said, I'll give a little back drop about myself for those who are interested.

As stated, this is my second run with PH's and I feel quite confident and excited after my initial experience with IML's Halo Extreme & Epi-Andro stack. Before I ran that stack I had made an effort at dirty bulking, which I will never eva' eva' eva' eva' do again!! I had let my body fat climb quite a bit in an effort to gain some strength and size. I had went from fat to relatively skinny and realized that I was weak. So I wanted to build mass. Dirty bulking helped me get a little stronger.. but ultimately it just made me fat again. lol When I ran the Halo I realized that there was a much better answer to my problem. So after I ran that stack I spent the next two and half months getting my diet right again, loosing some weight, and working on being better prepared for my next run. I have to admit, I went in to this with some skepticism and was blown away by the results I got with the Halo stack. And those results came from doing just about every noob thing wrong I could do, most prominently with diet.

So I am going to post a before pic to compare to the post pic. I was hesitant to do this at first because I feel a little embarrassed posting my pics on a forum full of shredded monsters!! But I will do it anyway. In order to make me feel a little better, I will include a picture of myself a few years back right before I decided to make the change to a much, much better life style. I am currently at 195 lbs, 15% BF by an Omron fat loss monitor, 37 yrs old (38 in Oct.), and have a clean bill of health.

My cycle will be as follows:

Cycle

DMZ 3.0 x2 (1 morning, 1 afternoon) week 1-4
    EPI-Andro x4 (2 morning, 2 afternoon) week 1-4
    ACS x4 ( 4 before bed ) week 1-8

Post Cycle

Nolva 1mL (20mg before bed) week 5-6
    E-Control x3 (morning, afternoon, bed)week 6-8
    Ultra Male x1 ( morning ) week 7-8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rthompson76; 07-23-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And yes.. that's a C cup my gf has in her hands. bahahaha

Also, I'm totally open to any help, input, advice or anything that will help me out.. so please feel free and thank you in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

In for the ride, man! One thing about PCT though...I would just go ahead and run nolva 4 weeks.
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Discount Code = ebfitness15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    In for the ride, man! One thing about PCT though...I would just go ahead and run nolva 4 weeks.
    I was looking at that after I typed it. Should I run my PCT a little longer than 4 weeks, or just run the nolva all 4 weeks and add the others as I have them listed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthompson76 View Post
    I was looking at that after I typed it. Should I run my PCT a little longer than 4 weeks, or just run the nolva all 4 weeks and add the others as I have them listed?
    I'd run nolva and UM side by side, then follow up with E-Control. That leaves plenty of recovery time with no estro rebound.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd run nolva and UM side by side, then follow up with E-Control. That leaves plenty of recovery time with no estro rebound.
    Consider it done.. and also, thanks for joining in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Consider it done.. and also, thanks for joining in!
    You know I'm down!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Changing my PCT to

Nolva 1mL (20mg before bed) week 5-8
    E-Control x3 (morning, afternoon, bed)week 7-10
    Ultra Male x1 ( morning ) week 5-8

Does that look a little better, EB?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Changing my PCT to

Nolva 1mL (20mg before bed) week 5-8
    E-Control x3 (morning, afternoon, bed)week 7-10
    Ultra Male x1 ( morning ) week 5-8

Does that look a little better, EB?
    Yessir!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 1: Arms, bi's & Tri's supersets. It's day one and I didn't think there would be anything to report and that is not the case. I had a freakin' awesome workout today. While I'm not claiming any ridiculous gains in strength, I did feel really good. I did a few extra reps here and there on a couple different sets, nothing really major. It could have been complete placebo, I guess, just me being amped up and excited to be getting started. You know how sometimes you're feeling it and sometimes you're not. Today I was feeling it and my arms feel tight as hell while lifting. It was significant enough that I thought I should mention it.

That said, it was a fairly regular day. My current regimen is upper body being divided into 4 days and lower body for 1 day. The only constant is that leg day is a grueling 2 hour day that happens every Saturday. The days for everything else varies.

Day 1: Chest & forearms
    Day 2: Back
    Day 3: shoulders & abs
    Day 4: Arms
    Saturday: Lots-o-legs

I basically just run 1-4 in any order and keep repeating, resting once every 10-14 days depending on how I feel. So every week I try to double up different muscle groups while doing legs only on Saturdays.

Waiting patiently for day two. It will be either chest or back. Haven't decided yet, will let you know tomorrow when I get there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Off to a good start!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 2: Ended up doing back today. I felt pretty crappy this morning when I woke up. Very lethargic and my lower back was a little stiff and achy. Think this was caused more from a poor night's rest than it being any sides from the stack, especially this early on. Got to the gym and started off light and easy, once I got stretched out and loosened up things started to click and I finished super strong. Felt really strong once the blood started pumping!!

Bent over barbell rows:
    14 x 65
    12 x 95
    10 x 115
    08 x 135
    06 x 155

Lat Pulldown - Widegrip:
    14 x 135
    11 x 150
    10 x 165
    08 x 180
    04 x 195

Bent Over Dumbbell Row:
    10 x 65
    10 x 70
    08 x 75
    07 x 80

Cable Pullover - *note* weight on this machine is significantly heavier than the others
    07 x 75
    07 x 75
    06 x 75
    05 x 75

Cable low row - Close Grip
    12 x 150
    12 x 165
    11 x 180
    08 x 195
    05 x 210

T-Bar drop set:
    Loaded it with a 25 and 8 10's. Had a buddy pull a 10 every time I hit failure. If this sounds like it sucks, it's because it does!!

Inverted body weight row:
    4 sets to failure.

I left the gym feeling like I had a good day, after writing it down and seeing it on paper that thought has now been reinforced. Deadlifts didn't happen today because the space was consumed by cross fitters snatching all over the damn place during my entire visit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Day 2: Ended up doing back today. I felt pretty crappy this morning when I woke up. Very lethargic and my lower back was a little stiff and achy. Think this was caused more from a poor night's rest than it being any sides from the stack, especially this early on. Got to the gym and started off light and easy, once I got stretched out and loosened up things started to click and I finished super strong. Felt really strong once the blood started pumping!!

Bent over barbell rows:
    14 x 65
    12 x 95
    10 x 115
    08 x 135
    06 x 155

Lat Pulldown - Widegrip:
    14 x 135
    11 x 150
    10 x 165
    08 x 180
    04 x 195

Bent Over Dumbbell Row:
    10 x 65
    10 x 70
    08 x 75
    07 x 80

Cable Pullover - *note* weight on this machine is significantly heavier than the others
    07 x 75
    07 x 75
    06 x 75
    05 x 75

Cable low row - Close Grip
    12 x 150
    12 x 165
    11 x 180
    08 x 195
    05 x 210

T-Bar drop set:
    Loaded it with a 25 and 8 10's. Had a buddy pull a 10 every time I hit failure. If this sounds like it sucks, it's because it does!!

Inverted body weight row:
    4 sets to failure.

I left the gym feeling like I had a good day, after writing it down and seeing it on paper that thought has now been reinforced. Deadlifts didn't happen today because the space was consumed by cross fitters snatching all over the damn place during my entire visit.
    I can't wait for summer to be over..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't wait for summer to be over..
    While I certainly hate to see the ladies put the summer clothes away, I am definitely looking forward to the crowd at the gym calming down a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 3: Chest. Felt much better this morning. Slept so well that I didn't even hear my work phone ring on two separate occasions last night. My right shoulder was giving me some trouble today, it didn't hurt, it just felt fatigued and was giving me some trouble on inclines. I didn't push it, kept weight relatively low and went for volume. Workout as follows

Barbell Bench
    20 x 45 (slow and steady, getting stretched out)
    20 x 95
    15 x 135
    12 x 155
    08 x 185
    04 x 225 ( all me )
    05 x 225 ( spotter helping me through sticking points )

Incline Barbell Bench
    10 x 135
    10 x 155
    06 x 185
    *incline got the shoulder involved a little more and I really noticed the fatigue, so I moved on*

Decline Barbell Bench
    12 x 135
    11 x 155
    07 x 185
    05 x 185

Dumbbell Flyes - slightly inclined
    10 x 35
    08 x 40
    07 x 45
    05 x 45

Cable Fly low
    Drop sets to failure, starting at 40

Cable Fly high
    Drop set to failure, starting at 50

Drop set push ups on smith machine ( basically push up to failure, then raise the bar one. Rinse, wash, and repeat until your doing wall push ups. )

Nothing really to report. I had good energy levels, my damn shoulder just didn't want to cooperate. I thought it best not to push too hard since I'm at the very beginning of my run. Live to fight another day. Tomorrow was going to be shoulders & abs, may still do that and keep it light. We'll see how I feel when the time comes.

Oh, another thing I'll add. Nutrition was a little off today. I had a dentist appointment this morning and just didn't feel like eating much after getting my teeth scraped and blasted with fluoride. Good news is, no cavities!! I've eaten clean, I'm just probably gonna come up a little short on calories. I'll do what I can to catch up, but I'm not going to gorge myself this late in the evening for a few extra cals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 4: Woke up this morning feeling some major DOMS in my back & chest. A good sign that my workload was a little more than normal already. I also feel noticeable tighter, especially in my chest and arms. I've been walking around all morning flexing, lol, I'm a dork. Seriously though, I can squeeze my pecs and bi's to the point where it's almost painful. Still leaning toward shoulder / abs workout today, I will report back after I work out this afternoon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Day 4: Woke up this morning feeling some major DOMS in my back & chest. A good sign that my workload was a little more than normal already. I also feel noticeable tighter, especially in my chest and arms. I've been walking around all morning flexing, lol, I'm a dork. Seriously though, I can squeeze my pecs and bi's to the point where it's almost painful. Still leaning toward shoulder / abs workout today, I will report back after I work out this afternoon.

Keep it up, mang!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Day 4 con't: Well, I got to the gym and was still pretty sore and stiff and I thought to myself, "I'm just going to do enough to say I did something." Walked to the rack and did a warm up over head press with an empty bar and on the first rep during that first contraction my mood and feeling immediately changed to, "I'm about to fark shit up!" lol Seriously, I've been hesitant to say I was feeling it already but I promise you I felt a little something the first day, and now on the 4th day I can really say I feel it. I ended up doing shoulders and abs today. Through the routine I noticed that the shoulder issue I mentioned yesterday was in the front delt. So I went easy on movements that used a lot of front and worked lateral & rear delts. I was able to get a few reps more and go a little heavier on a few exercises than I did on Sunday. That day wasn't logged because I hadn't started my stack yet.

Workout as follows:

Overhead Press
    15 x 45 warm up
    12 x 65
    10 x 95
    08 x 115
    06 x 115

Hex Bar Shrug - Wide Grip super set with Reverse Dumbbell Flyes
    15 x 125 12 x 15
    12 x 145 10 x 20
    11 x 175 09 x 25
    10 x 175 08 x 25

Barbell Shrug super set with Lateral Dumbbell Raise
    15 x 135 12 x 20
    13 x 155 10 x 25
    Front Dumbbell Raise
    10 x 185 09 x 30
    08 x 185 07 x 35

Cable Rear Delt Fly super set with Overhead standing cable crunches
    15 x 35 12 x 70
    12 x 40 11 x 75
    09 x 45 08 x 80
    07 x 45 07 x 80

Cable Shrugs ( 3 second hold ) superset with seated cable crunches
    13 x 120 09 x 70
    10 x 130 08 x 75
    10 x 140 07 x 75
    09 x 150 06 x 75

Side bends with 45lb plate
    4 sets of 15, both sides.

I left feeling like I could do a lot more!! But I want my shoulders to rest up and be ready, I will need them Sunday for Chest day!! lol Haven't felt any negative sides really. The sweat monster seemed to be unleashed today and I feel tight all over. But I don't consider either of those negative sides, do you? haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Ah, the sweat means the Epi-Andro has kicked in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, the sweat means the Epi-Andro has kicked in!
    Nice! Sweating like that made me feel like I was in beast mode! ha ha