• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

DMZ 3.0 / Epi-Andro Run

rthompson76

Registered
Reaction score
I will be starting my 2nd ever run at the beginning or middle of next week. I wanted to go ahead and get this thread started so I can log it for myself as well as others. I realize there is already a lot of DMZ logs here, so maybe it's more for my benefit. lol I ran a halo/epi cycle a few months back and logged that as well. During the down time I've done a lot of reading and decided I'm going to go ahead and do the DMZ next. Main reason being that I already had a bottle of it at the house and I'm pretty sure I've heard it call out to me a time or two. :cool: After reading some of Mike Arnold's posts, I have to say I agree with his philosophy about ever being 'ready' for one PH or the other. You just have to be educated, know the potential sides and effects of the PH's you plan on running, and run em to see how they effect you. So that's what I've done. I've studied up on the compounds I'll be taking on this run and feel I have a good handle on what I can expect and what may or may not happen. That said, I'll give a little back drop about myself for those who are interested.

As stated, this is my second run with PH's and I feel quite confident and excited after my initial experience with IML's Halo Extreme & Epi-Andro stack. Before I ran that stack I had made an effort at dirty bulking, which I will never eva' eva' eva' eva' do again!! I had let my body fat climb quite a bit in an effort to gain some strength and size. I had went from fat to relatively skinny and realized that I was weak. So I wanted to build mass. Dirty bulking helped me get a little stronger.. but ultimately it just made me fat again. lol :( When I ran the Halo I realized that there was a much better answer to my problem. So after I ran that stack I spent the next two and half months getting my diet right again, loosing some weight, and working on being better prepared for my next run. I have to admit, I went in to this with some skepticism and was blown away by the results I got with the Halo stack. And those results came from doing just about every noob thing wrong I could do, most prominently with diet.

So I am going to post a before pic to compare to the post pic. I was hesitant to do this at first because I feel a little embarrassed posting my pics on a forum full of shredded monsters!! :cool: But I will do it anyway. In order to make me feel a little better, I will include a picture of myself a few years back right before I decided to make the change to a much, much better life style. I am currently at 195 lbs, 15% BF by an Omron fat loss monitor, 37 yrs old (38 in Oct.), and have a clean bill of health.

My cycle will be as follows:

Cycle

DMZ 3.0 x2 (1 morning, 1 afternoon) week 1-4
EPI-Andro x4 (2 morning, 2 afternoon) week 1-4
ACS x4 ( 4 before bed ) week 1-8

Post Cycle

Nolva 1mL (20mg before bed) week 5-6
E-Control x3 (morning, afternoon, bed)week 6-8
Ultra Male x1 ( morning ) week 7-8

Attachments

• b4&after2014.jpg
    b4&after2014.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
And yes.. that's a C cup my gf has in her hands. bahahaha

Also, I'm totally open to any help, input, advice or anything that will help me out.. so please feel free and thank you in advance.

In for the ride, man! One thing about PCT though...I would just go ahead and run nolva 4 weeks.

In for the ride, man! One thing about PCT though...I would just go ahead and run nolva 4 weeks.

I was looking at that after I typed it. Should I run my PCT a little longer than 4 weeks, or just run the nolva all 4 weeks and add the others as I have them listed?

I was looking at that after I typed it. Should I run my PCT a little longer than 4 weeks, or just run the nolva all 4 weeks and add the others as I have them listed?
I'd run nolva and UM side by side, then follow up with E-Control. That leaves plenty of recovery time with no estro rebound.

Changing my PCT to

Nolva 1mL (20mg before bed) week 5-8
E-Control x3 (morning, afternoon, bed)week 7-10
Ultra Male x1 ( morning ) week 5-8

Does that look a little better, EB?

Changing my PCT to

Nolva 1mL (20mg before bed) week 5-8
E-Control x3 (morning, afternoon, bed)week 7-10
Ultra Male x1 ( morning ) week 5-8

Does that look a little better, EB?
Yessir!

Day 1: Arms, bi's & Tri's supersets. It's day one and I didn't think there would be anything to report and that is not the case. I had a freakin' awesome workout today. While I'm not claiming any ridiculous gains in strength, I did feel really good. I did a few extra reps here and there on a couple different sets, nothing really major. It could have been complete placebo, I guess, just me being amped up and excited to be getting started. You know how sometimes you're feeling it and sometimes you're not. Today I was feeling it and my arms feel tight as hell while lifting. It was significant enough that I thought I should mention it.

That said, it was a fairly regular day. My current regimen is upper body being divided into 4 days and lower body for 1 day. The only constant is that leg day is a grueling 2 hour day that happens every Saturday. The days for everything else varies.

Day 1: Chest & forearms
Day 2: Back
Day 3: shoulders & abs
Day 4: Arms
Saturday: Lots-o-legs

I basically just run 1-4 in any order and keep repeating, resting once every 10-14 days depending on how I feel. So every week I try to double up different muscle groups while doing legs only on Saturdays.

Waiting patiently for day two. It will be either chest or back. Haven't decided yet, will let you know tomorrow when I get there! :cool:

Day 2: Ended up doing back today. I felt pretty crappy this morning when I woke up. Very lethargic and my lower back was a little stiff and achy. Think this was caused more from a poor night's rest than it being any sides from the stack, especially this early on. Got to the gym and started off light and easy, once I got stretched out and loosened up things started to click and I finished super strong. Felt really strong once the blood started pumping!!

Bent over barbell rows:
14 x 65
12 x 95
10 x 115
08 x 135
06 x 155

Lat Pulldown - Widegrip:
14 x 135
11 x 150
10 x 165
08 x 180
04 x 195

Bent Over Dumbbell Row:
10 x 65
10 x 70
08 x 75
07 x 80

Cable Pullover - *note* weight on this machine is significantly heavier than the others
07 x 75
07 x 75
06 x 75
05 x 75

Cable low row - Close Grip
12 x 150
12 x 165
11 x 180
08 x 195
05 x 210

T-Bar drop set:
Loaded it with a 25 and 8 10's. Had a buddy pull a 10 every time I hit failure. If this sounds like it sucks, it's because it does!! ;)

Inverted body weight row:
4 sets to failure.

I left the gym feeling like I had a good day, after writing it down and seeing it on paper that thought has now been reinforced. Deadlifts didn't happen today because the space was consumed by cross fitters snatching all over the damn place during my entire visit. :mad:

Day 2: Ended up doing back today. I felt pretty crappy this morning when I woke up. Very lethargic and my lower back was a little stiff and achy. Think this was caused more from a poor night's rest than it being any sides from the stack, especially this early on. Got to the gym and started off light and easy, once I got stretched out and loosened up things started to click and I finished super strong. Felt really strong once the blood started pumping!!

Bent over barbell rows:
14 x 65
12 x 95
10 x 115
08 x 135
06 x 155

Lat Pulldown - Widegrip:
14 x 135
11 x 150
10 x 165
08 x 180
04 x 195

Bent Over Dumbbell Row:
10 x 65
10 x 70
08 x 75
07 x 80

Cable Pullover - *note* weight on this machine is significantly heavier than the others
07 x 75
07 x 75
06 x 75
05 x 75

Cable low row - Close Grip
12 x 150
12 x 165
11 x 180
08 x 195
05 x 210

T-Bar drop set:
Loaded it with a 25 and 8 10's. Had a buddy pull a 10 every time I hit failure. If this sounds like it sucks, it's because it does!! ;)

Inverted body weight row:
4 sets to failure.

I left the gym feeling like I had a good day, after writing it down and seeing it on paper that thought has now been reinforced. Deadlifts didn't happen today because the space was consumed by cross fitters snatching all over the damn place during my entire visit. :mad:
I can't wait for summer to be over..

Day 3: Chest. Felt much better this morning. Slept so well that I didn't even hear my work phone ring on two separate occasions last night. :eek: My right shoulder was giving me some trouble today, it didn't hurt, it just felt fatigued and was giving me some trouble on inclines. I didn't push it, kept weight relatively low and went for volume. Workout as follows

Barbell Bench
20 x 45 (slow and steady, getting stretched out)
20 x 95
15 x 135
12 x 155
08 x 185
04 x 225 ( all me )
05 x 225 ( spotter helping me through sticking points )

Incline Barbell Bench
10 x 135
10 x 155
06 x 185
*incline got the shoulder involved a little more and I really noticed the fatigue, so I moved on*

Decline Barbell Bench
12 x 135
11 x 155
07 x 185
05 x 185

Dumbbell Flyes - slightly inclined
10 x 35
08 x 40
07 x 45
05 x 45

Cable Fly low
Drop sets to failure, starting at 40

Cable Fly high
Drop set to failure, starting at 50

Drop set push ups on smith machine ( basically push up to failure, then raise the bar one. Rinse, wash, and repeat until your doing wall push ups. )

Nothing really to report. I had good energy levels, my damn shoulder just didn't want to cooperate. I thought it best not to push too hard since I'm at the very beginning of my run. Live to fight another day. Tomorrow was going to be shoulders & abs, may still do that and keep it light. We'll see how I feel when the time comes.

Oh, another thing I'll add. Nutrition was a little off today. I had a dentist appointment this morning and just didn't feel like eating much after getting my teeth scraped and blasted with fluoride. Good news is, no cavities!! ;) I've eaten clean, I'm just probably gonna come up a little short on calories. I'll do what I can to catch up, but I'm not going to gorge myself this late in the evening for a few extra cals.

Day 4: Woke up this morning feeling some major DOMS in my back & chest. A good sign that my workload was a little more than normal already. I also feel noticeable tighter, especially in my chest and arms. I've been walking around all morning flexing, lol, I'm a dork. Seriously though, I can squeeze my pecs and bi's to the point where it's almost painful. Still leaning toward shoulder / abs workout today, I will report back after I work out this afternoon.

Funniest_Memes_rest-day-where-is-my-rest-muscle-and-how_15413.jpeg

Day 4: Woke up this morning feeling some major DOMS in my back & chest. A good sign that my workload was a little more than normal already. I also feel noticeable tighter, especially in my chest and arms. I've been walking around all morning flexing, lol, I'm a dork. Seriously though, I can squeeze my pecs and bi's to the point where it's almost painful. Still leaning toward shoulder / abs workout today, I will report back after I work out this afternoon.

Funniest_Memes_rest-day-where-is-my-rest-muscle-and-how_15413.jpeg
Keep it up, mang!

Day 4 con't: Well, I got to the gym and was still pretty sore and stiff and I thought to myself, "I'm just going to do enough to say I did something." Walked to the rack and did a warm up over head press with an empty bar and on the first rep during that first contraction my mood and feeling immediately changed to, "I'm about to fark shit up!" lol Seriously, I've been hesitant to say I was feeling it already but I promise you I felt a little something the first day, and now on the 4th day I can really say I feel it. I ended up doing shoulders and abs today. Through the routine I noticed that the shoulder issue I mentioned yesterday was in the front delt. So I went easy on movements that used a lot of front and worked lateral & rear delts. I was able to get a few reps more and go a little heavier on a few exercises than I did on Sunday. That day wasn't logged because I hadn't started my stack yet. :p

Workout as follows:

Overhead Press
15 x 45 warm up
12 x 65
10 x 95
08 x 115
06 x 115

Hex Bar Shrug - Wide Grip super set with Reverse Dumbbell Flyes
15 x 125 12 x 15
12 x 145 10 x 20
11 x 175 09 x 25
10 x 175 08 x 25

Barbell Shrug super set with Lateral Dumbbell Raise
15 x 135 12 x 20
13 x 155 10 x 25
Front Dumbbell Raise
10 x 185 09 x 30
08 x 185 07 x 35

Cable Rear Delt Fly super set with Overhead standing cable crunches
15 x 35 12 x 70
12 x 40 11 x 75
09 x 45 08 x 80
07 x 45 07 x 80

Cable Shrugs ( 3 second hold ) superset with seated cable crunches
13 x 120 09 x 70
10 x 130 08 x 75
10 x 140 07 x 75
09 x 150 06 x 75

Side bends with 45lb plate
4 sets of 15, both sides.

I left feeling like I could do a lot more!! But I want my shoulders to rest up and be ready, I will need them Sunday for Chest day!! lol Haven't felt any negative sides really. The sweat monster seemed to be unleashed today and I feel tight all over. But I don't consider either of those negative sides, do you? haha :cool:

Ah, the sweat means the Epi-Andro has kicked in!

Day5: Did arms today for the second time this week. I felt really strong, did more weight and reps on my regular exercises and actually did an extra set for both tri's and bi's. Had a hell of a pump when I left out of there. The sweat was unreal, especially considering I just worked arms which is usually an easy day. Relatively speaking of course. I attached a pic I took in the locker room. I had to wipe my head off after every set cause it was just pouring out of me. Even one of my buddies said something. LoL Work out as follows:

Ez Bar Preacher Curls super set with Over head dumb bell extensions ** Note: not sure the weight of the ez bar, so I'm giving it 20 lbs**
12 x 40 - 12 x 20
12 x 50 - 12 x 25
10 x 60 - 12 x 30
09 x 70 - 07 x 35

Neutral Grip Skull Crunchers super set with One arm Alternating dumbbell Curls **Note: not sure of the neutral grip bar either, so I'll add 10lbs for it**
12 x 60 - 12 x 30
12 x 70 - 11 x 35
09 x 80 - 08 x 40
06 x 90 - 05 x 45

Neutral Grip Curls super set with One arm Dumbbell Kick backs **Note: adding 10lbs for neutral grip bar**
15 x 40 - 12 x 15
12 x 50 - 10 x 20
12 x 60 - 09 x 25
09 x 70 - 06 x 25

Bodyweight Dips super set with Reverse grip Tricep cable pull downs
18 x BW - 30 lbs to failure
13 x BW - 30 lbs to failure
12 x BW - 30 lbs to failure
09 x BW - 30 lbs to failure

Reverse grip ez bar curls super set with standing cable curls
12 x 50 - 30 lbs to failure
12 x 60 - 30 lbs to failure
10 x 60 - 30 lbs to failure
08 x 60 - 30 lbs to failure

Nothing negative to report in the way of sides. Feeling strong and healthy. Tomorrow will be legs. I will post the workout for tomorrow and then that will be all for posting the workouts. I'll note throughout the log as I break PR's and such, but you should have an idea now about how I'm training with this.

Attachments

• sweat2.jpg
    sweat2.jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Haha, don't worry though, that sweating will dissipate after a while.

Day 6: Legs - Had a kick ass day in the gym this morning. I literally had to force myself to leave. It felt like I could have keep going for hours. lol My legs are weak. When I first started working out 4 years ago I had a lot of issues with my right knee and it was a slow and grueling process working through it. My numbers may not be impressive to the average joe, but when compared to where I started they're awesome, ate least for me. To put things in perspective I was unable to do 1 squat rep with an empty bar and I could only do about 5 reps on the leg press machine with no added weight. That in mind, my workout is as follows:

Squats
10 x 95
10 x 135
06 x 165
05 x 185
03 x 205
02 x 235
01 x 255
-- x 265 Failed at 265. Spotter wasn't there today. If had gotten a little taparoo I'm pretty sure I could have come up with. Just couldn't get it moving out of the hole. :(

Quarter Squats - One peg lower than last week ( almost deep enough to be a real squat, but not quite )
02 x 275
02 x 275
01 x 275 ( Went for a second, and had put it on the pins )

Squats
01 x 235
02 x 205
05 x 185
08 x 155 (set it on the pins going for #9)

Sumo Deadlifts
12 x 135
09 x 185
06 x 225
03 x 275
01 x 315 (this was an epic pull for me in regards to weight, especially consider the squat work before this set)

Leg Press ( Weight is just total plates, not sure what the rack weighs )
15 x 200
12 x 290
09 x 380
07 x 470

Stiff Legged Deadlifts
10 x 155
09 x 185
07 x 195
05 x 205

Walking Lunges w/ dumbbell (rep is for both legs)
10 x 45
09 x 45
07 x 45
05 x 45 ( almost called 'ralph' here

Seated Calf raises, full range of motion super set with Farmer's walks on hex bar
15 x 95 - FW w/ 170 lbs
14 x 95 - FW w/ 240 lbs
12 x 95 - FW w/ 260 lbs
09 x 95 - FW w/ 260 lbs

Standing Calf raises - 5 full motion / 5 top half reps / 5 bottom half reps / full motion
18 x 225
17 x 245
16 x 245
17 x 245

Such a good day. This work out not only set some PR's over last week but it also had much more quantity in it. Have a feeling I'm gonna feel this in the morning. :cool: Here's a pic of me near the top of my pull with the 315 on the sumo.

Attachments

• 315_Sumo pull.PNG
    315_Sumo pull.PNG
    641 KB · Views: 9
Day 7: Chest - Because screw international chest day. :p ha ha. I was a lot less sore this morning than I thought I'd be. My quads and glutes had a little DOMS going on, but nothing major. Recovery is incredible, I did massive amounts of volume yesterday and by all rights should be crawling right now. Got to the gym early, took some time to stretch out and loosen up before I got started.. mostly my jaw muscles blabbing to a buddy. lol It was another killer workout once I got started. Strength and intensity are at new levels right now. Definitely n decent increases over Wednesday's chest workout.

I did
Flat Barbell
Incline Barbell
Decline Barbell
Dumbbell Flyes (slight incline)
Low cable flyes
High cable flyes
and I did some super sets for forearms during some these exercises. On the flat bench I did 4 at 225, then chipped 235 for 1 and chipped again 245 for 1 and then did 4 more at 225 which is a bump from Wednesday. On the incline I did about the same as last week, except the last set at 185 I did 4 reps that was all me and not a spotter pushing me through it. For Declines I went big today, took it up 205 for 10 reps on my final set. Dumbbell flyes also saw a bump to 50 lbs for 8 on my last set and my cable flyes also had a small bump in weight. Again, I forced myself to leave feeling like I could have kept on gettin it. Basically one week and I feel like a monster!! I will take weight and a BF measurement tomorrow and see where I'm at. My gut looks noticeably tighter, especially in the morning when I first wake up and I'm starting to see some vascular improvement as well. Mostly in the area where the chest and shoulders meet and also in the bicep. Been keeping diet on point, but feel like I should probably up the intake some. I'm going to cut loose today, after I write this log I'm heading to costco for one of their rotisserie chickens and stopping at giant to get a box of velveeta shells and then I'm gonna come home and eat like a fat kid. HA HA nom nom nom

Yeah, at this point in my life I really just live for cheat days...nothing else...kill me. :)

Back