DMZ 3.0 / Epi-Andro Run

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Day 12: Chest & forearms - Decided to put some dumbbell work in today to change it up a bit. My first exercise, flat bench, was probably the best. I exerted much effort and it severely hindered the rest of my workout. I still got a great work out, but I was very fatigued after flat bench. I went 12x70, 10x80, 9x90, 6x100, 4x105, and then hit the 110's for 2 reps!! After that though, I was struggling to get reps on inclines, flyes and declines. I still pushed as hard as I could. It wasn't a bad thing, I don't think, because I was definitely fatigued which is the whole point, right? I finished off with some low cable flyes and then high cable flyes, light weight high reps. Thinking a rest day might be coming up for me. I'll see how leg day goes tomorrow and how I feel.

Started off strong today but fizzled out a bit. No negative sides to report.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by rthompson76 View Post
    Day 12: Chest & forearms - Decided to put some dumbbell work in today to change it up a bit. My first exercise, flat bench, was probably the best. I exerted much effort and it severely hindered the rest of my workout. I still got a great work out, but I was very fatigued after flat bench. I went 12x70, 10x80, 9x90, 6x100, 4x105, and then hit the 110's for 2 reps!! After that though, I was struggling to get reps on inclines, flyes and declines. I still pushed as hard as I could. It wasn't a bad thing, I don't think, because I was definitely fatigued which is the whole point, right? I finished off with some low cable flyes and then high cable flyes, light weight high reps. Thinking a rest day might be coming up for me. I'll see how leg day goes tomorrow and how I feel.

Started off strong today but fizzled out a bit. No negative sides to report.
    Yup, just listen to your body...it'll tell you when you need a rest day.
    IronMagLabs 15% Off Discount Code = ebfitness15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Day 13: Big Leg day: I was feeling pretty run down last night. Girlfriend and I went out to Logan's Steakhouse where I ordered a steak w/ 2x sweet potatoes and a side of mac and cheese. I cleared the plate including 2 dinner rolls, lol. Went home after and passed out. Woke up this morning feeling wonderful and the workout I had for legs was epic. The best leg day I've had.. Ever! Mainly squat work today, but we killed it. My buddy even commented on how I'm pushing him harder and he's the bigger guy, I'm always chasing him which I like because it keeps me motivated. After a lot of stretching and loosening up, leg day went as follows:

Squats:
    95x10
    135x8
    165x5
    195x5
    235x3
    255x1
    265x1 (New PR and owned it, to it to parallel and came out of the hole with power!!)
    275x1 ( Got low enough I counted it as a squat, but it wasn't parallel and I'm leaving my real PR at 265 )

Quarter Squats-Overloads ( we went for weight over depth on this one, putting the pins about 1/2 rep )
    315x5
    325x5
    335x5
    345x1 ( failed miserably here, I was way over budget. )

Squats
    245x1
    235x2
    225x3
    195x6
    185x4
    165x6
    145x11

After all that squatting my legs and core were just blasted, but I did do 4 sets of leg press, 4 sets of stiff legged deadlifts, 4 sets leg curls, 5 sets of extensions and seated calf raises and leg press calf raises. I'm just about 1/2 way through the run and I'm feeling awesome. The extra calories (carbs) definitely seemed to help last night and has me questioning my current caloric intake, in particular my carbs. I'm curious to see how I'll feel in the morning because right now I can barely stand, funny thing is though my legs don't hurt they are just so fatigued I have to give it everything I have to get up off the couch. LOL

No negative sides to report.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Thats some serious squatting bro!
    IRONMAGLABS BODYBUILDING NUTRITION 15% Off Coupon Code =
    CHEZ15

Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/IMLCHEZ
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/ironmagchez
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/IMLCHEZ
    EMAIL: ironmagchez@gmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I was feeling it today!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Apparently! Love that feeling
    CHEZ15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Day 14: Shoulders & Abs: Ok. I'm exhausted. I got through today but it felt lethargic. I had to count on a calendar, but it has been 19 days of lifting without a day off and I am definitely due. I think yesterday's leg workout pushed me over the limit. I can feel it in my nervous system. So I did some light work today, enough to sweat but not anything too taxing. I also helped coach my girl along on her workout, so today wasn't a total waste of time. Honestly, I take being this tired as a compliment to how hard I've been training. Especially while running the DMZ / Epi stack. At the end of my second week I have not only noticed some serious gains in my lifts, but also some serious gains in my upper body. I have received a few compliments about the progress I've made along with some questions about "what I'm taking." haha I think with today being what I'd consider an active rest day and taking tomorrow completely off, it will get me prepped and energized to pound out these next two weeks at 100% intensity.

Nothing negative to report. I still feel great, just a little wore out from the training. Since I'm resting tomorrow, I probably won't log. So I'll be back on Tuesday!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Enjoy the rest brother. This is when you grow so eat and sleep like a king!
    CHEZ15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by chez View Post
    Enjoy the rest brother. This is when you grow so eat and sleep like a king!
    Yup, time to rest and pig out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

10-4 guys. Will do!

Super Moderator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Rep Points

Good work man..

Anyone who runs epi andro gets my attention..

I always cant wait until the end when they say how amazed they are at that compound..

This combo is lethal..DMZ 3 and epi andro is sickening (genova reference)..honestly one of my favorites I use to impress new clients.

nice work man
    DISCOUNT CODE = WES15 FOR 15% OFF OF YOUR ENTIRE OERDER!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyInman View Post
    Good work man..

Anyone who runs epi andro gets my attention..

I always cant wait until the end when they say how amazed they are at that compound..

This combo is lethal..DMZ 3 and epi andro is sickening (genova reference)..honestly one of my favorites I use to impress new clients.

nice work man
    Thanks bro! I gotta tell ya, I'm already really impressed with this combo and I'm only 2 weeks in!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Day 15: Rest

Day 16: Arms + some minor leg work. The rest day definitely did me some good. I felt great and was anxious to get to the gym. Had a great pump today and my guns were swole! ha ha Let me tell you though, up until today I was unsure if I had ever experienced a 'back pump.' It was quite intense in the beginning of my work out and it almost kept me from lifting. I fought through it and it calmed down quite a bit about mid way through my workout after I got some more water in me and got loosened up. I can say without a doubt, I have now experienced a true back pump... and it SUCKED!! I let my water intake dive a little which I'm sure contributed to it. So I'm going to make sure I stay on top of getting enough water and I think I'm going to pick up some taurine. It's a cheap investment to try and prevent that. I feel as though I expended more energy focusing on the pain than I did actually lifting at first.

But still making awesome progress. My shoulders and arms are looking nice! Quads are really showing some growth too.

Side effects today was the back pump. Will be drinking more water and adding some taurine for the rest of the run to try and keep that at bay.

Sorry for grammar, this was a quick post from my phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Oh yea, I weighed in this morning at 206.4 lbs and measure at 16.4% BF. So I'm up just over 11 lbs while only adding 1.5% BF. I think that's pretty good. Agree or disagree?

Pic of me after 2 weeks dmz.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rthompson76; 08-12-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

Water, electrolytes, taurine, and STRETCHING (often overlooked) will take care of those pumps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    Water, electrolytes, taurine, and STRETCHING (often overlooked) will take care of those pumps.
    10-4 on that. Thanks for the good advice EB. Just got back from picking up some taurine, will make sure to add that stretching and gatorade too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Day 17: Back - I was a little hesitant for doing back today because, even though it felt much better than yesterday, I still was pretty tight in the lower back heading to the gym. I spent a good twenty minutes stretching the lower back, along with rolling on a lacrosse ball before I got started with some pulls. That lacrosse ball felt awesome! I increased my water consumption back to where it should be and have been taking taurine since I got home yesterday and it seems to be helping. For dead lifts I did mostly working sets, topping out at 315 for 3. I felt the pumps today but they were MUCH less intense than yesterday and easily tolerated. While pulling I would stretch for most of my rest time between sets. After I got in a decent work on deads, I felt confident that the pumps were going to be manageable and so I got to work. Absolutely killed my workout today. Bumping my weight on bent over barbell rows, reverse cable pull downs, and cable rows quite drastically. I put a solid two hours in today, even though there was a little chatter time near the end. Two of the regulars are now geared up to try there first PH runs after seeing my progress in just two weeks! lol They're both bigger than me and I said to them, "you scared I'm gonna catch ya?" hah! One guy is sitting on a DMZ stack waiting to see how my run goes and the other showed me his order today of the m-sten. The talking generated from this because I had to lecture him about not ordering IML PH's!!

Negative Sides: Still had some pumps today, but they were very minor and seem to be subsiding. So hopefully if I keep water intake up, keep taking taurine, and keep stretching, these will no longer be an issue. Other than that, I have nothing to report. Feeling really good, feeling very strong... and call me crazy, but the growth in my quads is noticeable not just from looking in the mirror. I swear I can feel the extra mass in that area. My legs just feel thicker and my shorts/pants are becoming very tight in that area even though they are still a little loose in the waist. I may have to break my size 36's out just to be comfortable in the quads. It's a good problem to have!!
    Last edited by rthompson76; 08-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

^^^ Haha, push that IML! And I hear ya on the 36s; I keep a couple pairs of pants and shorts strictly for my bigger bulks....I swear half of my androgen receptors must be in my quads and glutes, LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I mean.. I can't let my bro's use inferior products!! ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    ^^^ Haha, push that IML! And I hear ya on the 36s; I keep a couple pairs of pants and shorts strictly for my bigger bulks....I swear half of my androgen receptors must be in my quads and glutes, LOL!
    I wouldn't mind that at all! My legs could use all the help they can get. hah!