• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

DMZ 3.0 / Epi-Andro Run

Day 8: Legs are sore this morning. lol Guess I shouldn't have talked shit until I got through the entire 48 hours. At least being at work today I will have the chance to stretch them out seeing as I walk around a lot. I weighed in this morning at 200 lbs and 14.8% BF. That's 5 lbs up in one week with virtually no change in BF. I'm very happy with that for week 1. Feeling really good still, nothing negative at all to report. I will continue this post after I get to the gym a little later. Thinking of hitting shoulders again to give my legs one more day before hitting some dead lifts for back day, may change my mind between now and then. I'll let ya know ;)

Day 8 cont'd: Got to the gym and the dead lift area was wide open. So my decision immediately became back!! Pulls felt really really good today and I got a new PR for 345 lb convential dead lift. The rest of back day was excellent. Was stronger in almost all exercises. I was either taking an extra set at a higher weight or adding clean reps to an already heavy sets. I feel like my appetite might be ramping up a little. Not sure if it's the stack or if it is just because I've hit some big muscle groups hard over the past few days. Thinking of adding a meal today and stopping for a greasy treat on the way home. Maybe some Popeye's.. I sure do love that chicken from Popeye's. LOL

Still nothing negative to report. Feel like a beast and like I can conquer the world!! ;)

Day 8 cont'd: Got to the gym and the dead lift area was wide open. So my decision immediately became back!! Pulls felt really really good today and I got a new PR for 345 lb convential dead lift. The rest of back day was excellent. Was stronger in almost all exercises. I was either taking an extra set at a higher weight or adding clean reps to an already heavy sets. I feel like my appetite might be ramping up a little. Not sure if it's the stack or if it is just because I've hit some big muscle groups hard over the past few days. Thinking of adding a meal today and stopping for a greasy treat on the way home. Maybe some Popeye's.. I sure do love that chicken from Popeye's. LOL

Still nothing negative to report. Feel like a beast and like I can conquer the world!! ;)
Gotta love back day!

Day 9: Shoulders and abs. I feel like I just did these? ha ha If I keep feeling this awesome, there's a very good chance I won't take a 'rest' day for the full 4 week run. I free styled a little today on shoulders and threw in a few new exercises to mix things up and keep the body guessing. I started with some standing military presses and then jumped in to some side lateral to front raises super set'd with barbell shrugs. These things were brutal and gave me a great pump. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/side-laterals-to-front-raise-
Nothing really major to report from my work out. No major PR's or anything today, just a lot of volume with great intensity. I'm actually thinking about hitting a second leg day tomorrow. Nothing too big, but maybe some hack squats and then some isolation stuff ( extensions, curls, etc. )

No negative sides to report, at all. Have a great feeling this is going to be a solid run for me! Appetite wasn't quite as intense today, felt about normal. I pigged out yesterday so hopefully that'll keep the hunger pains at bay for a few days. Loving the SDMZ/Epi stack so far!!

Day 10: Arms .... & Legs!! Oh yea. Well, to sum up how today went in the gym all I can really say is that I was like a man possessed. I decided to just freestyle again since this was just kind of a fill in day. I ran circuits while training bi's, tri's, and legs. Just bouncing to whatever ever machine was open for a few sets. I kept weight relatively low and did all working sets, making sure to push clean reps all the way to failure. Honestly, it was great. Legs consisted of hack squats, extensions, curls, and conventional squats with a 3 second pause at the bottom. Bi's had preacher, cable, spyder, hammer, dumbbell and overhead cable curls. For triceps I did neutral grip skull crushers, dumbbell extensions, reverse grip pull down ( one handed and two handed ) dips and kick backs. Keep in mind my real leg day is on Saturday so I was careful not to do too much with them today, but wanted to get some work in for them.

Work had me in a different location today where I am a member of Sport & Health, it's kind of my back up gym for when I have to work in the area. Yes, I have two gym memberships. lol I know some people there, but not like I do in my home gym. So I put my ears in cranked up the music and went to town. The most rest I had was when my work phone ring and I had to take a couple of minutes, but other than that I was looking at only about 30 second down times. I kept catching people staring at me when I was pacing the floor between circuits and I was ok with it. It actually made me feel good because I felt like they were "this guy is intense" stares. Who knows though, I suppose they could have just as easily been "this guys a dumb ass" stares. HA HA! :cool: But whatever it was, people were noticing. My energy levels today were inhuman. It was unbelievable. Now with that. I put in a solid hour and half of what I felt like was an insane workout and the only reason I stopped was because I had to back to work. I sit here right now typing this and feel like I didn't do enough today. It's crazy.

Still feeling great and nothing negative to report. I did notice I had some acne popping up on my shoulders, just a little bit. I'm susceptible to acne anyways, so not sure if it's the stack or I'm just having one of my own little break outs. Also, I stepped on the scale for shits and giggles this morning and noticed that I had dropped back to 198, the reason I did this is because I woke up to pee last night three different times, and each time felt like the longest pee of my life. Am I shedding water? Today the appetite was a touch on the voracious side so I've loaded up on the calories. All good meals except one. One meal was trashy... and delicious. haha

e446ecec357211e3994c22000ae81dc4_7-7163.jpg

^^^ Sometimes it's just fun to chase that pump!

Day 11: Back. Work kept me late so I'm going to make this quick. I did back today and started with dead lifts. Chipped 10 lbs on the pull I made on monday and got 355 today! It felt awesome. Toward the end of my workout a buddy came in, this guy is the one who has been helping me with deads and squats. He's an older guy and full of wisdom. Guess he is our local gym sensei. haha Anyways, he called me over to teach me some zercher squats. So along with a hell of a back day, I also put in some more leg work! Overall great day, nothing really special to report.

Still feeling really powerful, workouts are getting increasingly more intense it seems. As far as negative sides, there has been nothing that really stands out. The little bit of acne I had on my shoulders seems to be subsiding. My appetite is ramping up though, but I'm doing a pretty decent job of getting cals and keeping it somewhat clean. The pattern lately for food seems to be clean meals for the first half of the day, lift, post work out nutrition, and then a dirty meal.

Day 12: Chest & forearms - Decided to put some dumbbell work in today to change it up a bit. My first exercise, flat bench, was probably the best. I exerted much effort and it severely hindered the rest of my workout. I still got a great work out, but I was very fatigued after flat bench. I went 12x70, 10x80, 9x90, 6x100, 4x105, and then hit the 110's for 2 reps!! After that though, I was struggling to get reps on inclines, flyes and declines. I still pushed as hard as I could. It wasn't a bad thing, I don't think, because I was definitely fatigued which is the whole point, right? I finished off with some low cable flyes and then high cable flyes, light weight high reps. Thinking a rest day might be coming up for me. I'll see how leg day goes tomorrow and how I feel.

Started off strong today but fizzled out a bit. No negative sides to report.

Day 12: Chest & forearms - Decided to put some dumbbell work in today to change it up a bit. My first exercise, flat bench, was probably the best. I exerted much effort and it severely hindered the rest of my workout. I still got a great work out, but I was very fatigued after flat bench. I went 12x70, 10x80, 9x90, 6x100, 4x105, and then hit the 110's for 2 reps!! After that though, I was struggling to get reps on inclines, flyes and declines. I still pushed as hard as I could. It wasn't a bad thing, I don't think, because I was definitely fatigued which is the whole point, right? I finished off with some low cable flyes and then high cable flyes, light weight high reps. Thinking a rest day might be coming up for me. I'll see how leg day goes tomorrow and how I feel.

Started off strong today but fizzled out a bit. No negative sides to report.
Yup, just listen to your body...it'll tell you when you need a rest day.

Day 13: Big Leg day: I was feeling pretty run down last night. Girlfriend and I went out to Logan's Steakhouse where I ordered a steak w/ 2x sweet potatoes and a side of mac and cheese. I cleared the plate including 2 dinner rolls, lol. Went home after and passed out. Woke up this morning feeling wonderful and the workout I had for legs was epic. The best leg day I've had.. Ever! Mainly squat work today, but we killed it. My buddy even commented on how I'm pushing him harder and he's the bigger guy, I'm always chasing him which I like because it keeps me motivated. After a lot of stretching and loosening up, leg day went as follows:

Squats:
95x10
135x8
165x5
195x5
235x3
255x1
265x1 (New PR and owned it, to it to parallel and came out of the hole with power!!)
275x1 ( Got low enough I counted it as a squat, but it wasn't parallel and I'm leaving my real PR at 265 )

Quarter Squats-Overloads ( we went for weight over depth on this one, putting the pins about 1/2 rep )
315x5
325x5
335x5
345x1 ( failed miserably here, I was way over budget. )

Squats
245x1
235x2
225x3
195x6
185x4
165x6
145x11

After all that squatting my legs and core were just blasted, but I did do 4 sets of leg press, 4 sets of stiff legged deadlifts, 4 sets leg curls, 5 sets of extensions and seated calf raises and leg press calf raises. I'm just about 1/2 way through the run and I'm feeling awesome. The extra calories (carbs) definitely seemed to help last night and has me questioning my current caloric intake, in particular my carbs. I'm curious to see how I'll feel in the morning because right now I can barely stand, funny thing is though my legs don't hurt they are just so fatigued I have to give it everything I have to get up off the couch. LOL

No negative sides to report.

Day 14: Shoulders & Abs: Ok. I'm exhausted. I got through today but it felt lethargic. I had to count on a calendar, but it has been 19 days of lifting without a day off and I am definitely due. I think yesterday's leg workout pushed me over the limit. I can feel it in my nervous system. So I did some light work today, enough to sweat but not anything too taxing. I also helped coach my girl along on her workout, so today wasn't a total waste of time. Honestly, I take being this tired as a compliment to how hard I've been training. Especially while running the DMZ / Epi stack. At the end of my second week I have not only noticed some serious gains in my lifts, but also some serious gains in my upper body. I have received a few compliments about the progress I've made along with some questions about "what I'm taking." haha I think with today being what I'd consider an active rest day and taking tomorrow completely off, it will get me prepped and energized to pound out these next two weeks at 100% intensity.

Nothing negative to report. I still feel great, just a little wore out from the training. Since I'm resting tomorrow, I probably won't log. So I'll be back on Tuesday! ;)

Good work man..

Anyone who runs epi andro gets my attention..

I always cant wait until the end when they say how amazed they are at that compound..

This combo is lethal..DMZ 3 and epi andro is sickening (genova reference)..honestly one of my favorites I use to impress new clients.

nice work man :)

Good work man..

Anyone who runs epi andro gets my attention..

I always cant wait until the end when they say how amazed they are at that compound..

This combo is lethal..DMZ 3 and epi andro is sickening (genova reference)..honestly one of my favorites I use to impress new clients.

nice work man :)

Thanks bro! I gotta tell ya, I'm already really impressed with this combo and I'm only 2 weeks in!

Day 15: Rest

Day 16: Arms + some minor leg work. The rest day definitely did me some good. I felt great and was anxious to get to the gym. Had a great pump today and my guns were swole! ha ha Let me tell you though, up until today I was unsure if I had ever experienced a 'back pump.' It was quite intense in the beginning of my work out and it almost kept me from lifting. I fought through it and it calmed down quite a bit about mid way through my workout after I got some more water in me and got loosened up. I can say without a doubt, I have now experienced a true back pump... and it SUCKED!! I let my water intake dive a little which I'm sure contributed to it. So I'm going to make sure I stay on top of getting enough water and I think I'm going to pick up some taurine. It's a cheap investment to try and prevent that. I feel as though I expended more energy focusing on the pain than I did actually lifting at first.

But still making awesome progress. My shoulders and arms are looking nice! Quads are really showing some growth too.

Side effects today was the back pump. Will be drinking more water and adding some taurine for the rest of the run to try and keep that at bay.

Sorry for grammar, this was a quick post from my phone.

Oh yea, I weighed in this morning at 206.4 lbs and measure at 16.4% BF. So I'm up just over 11 lbs while only adding 1.5% BF. I think that's pretty good. Agree or disagree?

Pic of me after 2 weeks dmz.

Attachments

• DMZ_Week2.jpg
    DMZ_Week2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Water, electrolytes, taurine, and STRETCHING (often overlooked) will take care of those pumps.

Day 17: Back - I was a little hesitant for doing back today because, even though it felt much better than yesterday, I still was pretty tight in the lower back heading to the gym. I spent a good twenty minutes stretching the lower back, along with rolling on a lacrosse ball before I got started with some pulls. That lacrosse ball felt awesome! I increased my water consumption back to where it should be and have been taking taurine since I got home yesterday and it seems to be helping. For dead lifts I did mostly working sets, topping out at 315 for 3. I felt the pumps today but they were MUCH less intense than yesterday and easily tolerated. While pulling I would stretch for most of my rest time between sets. After I got in a decent work on deads, I felt confident that the pumps were going to be manageable and so I got to work. Absolutely killed my workout today. Bumping my weight on bent over barbell rows, reverse cable pull downs, and cable rows quite drastically. I put a solid two hours in today, even though there was a little chatter time near the end. Two of the regulars are now geared up to try there first PH runs after seeing my progress in just two weeks! lol They're both bigger than me and I said to them, "you scared I'm gonna catch ya?" hah! One guy is sitting on a DMZ stack waiting to see how my run goes and the other showed me his order today of the m-sten. The talking generated from this because I had to lecture him about not ordering IML PH's!! :nono:

Negative Sides: Still had some pumps today, but they were very minor and seem to be subsiding. So hopefully if I keep water intake up, keep taking taurine, and keep stretching, these will no longer be an issue. Other than that, I have nothing to report. Feeling really good, feeling very strong... and call me crazy, but the growth in my quads is noticeable not just from looking in the mirror. I swear I can feel the extra mass in that area. My legs just feel thicker and my shorts/pants are becoming very tight in that area even though they are still a little loose in the waist. I may have to break my size 36's out just to be comfortable in the quads. It's a good problem to have!!

Last edited:
^^^ Haha, push that IML! ;) And I hear ya on the 36s; I keep a couple pairs of pants and shorts strictly for my bigger bulks....I swear half of my androgen receptors must be in my quads and glutes, LOL!

^^^ Haha, push that IML! ;) And I hear ya on the 36s; I keep a couple pairs of pants and shorts strictly for my bigger bulks....I swear half of my androgen receptors must be in my quads and glutes, LOL!

I wouldn't mind that at all! My legs could use all the help they can get. hah!

Back