• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Low carb bulking

moses3791

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone out there ever tried bulking with a moderate to low carb eating plan? Ive been on 250-300g of carbs for over 6 months now and its super hard for me to eat any more that. Lately i have even had trouble getting down 250g its been more like 225g. My fats range from 65g-100g a day. Just wondering if anyone has had success doing it or am i just gonna have to bite the bullet and shovel down the carbs. If you look on my log of DMZ/Halo you will see all my stats

You could supplement those needed carbs with a protein shakes that is higher in carbs as I got tired of eating too.

I would have do what chris said and replace them with the shakes

During bulk man you have to keep the carbs up man. During a bulk you should be crushing mad weights and you will need them to grow, repair and replenish muscle fibers.

thats what i thought too, but ive reading a lot about Dave Palumbo's way of bulking, it really interests me because carbs makes me really tired in amounts over 50g. Ive been on a moderate carb higher fat diet for so long now my body just seems to function better. I am still going to be in a surplus at the end of the day. I may also throw in a re-feed day once a week, where i drop my protein to 1g per pound of body weight, drop my fats down to as low as possible and up my carbs to around 600.

That is the beauty of this journey man, it's completely up to you what you try to see what works and don't. You can base success off another's findings but due to the phenom of our bodies may not be a good choice for you. Many here will tell they have tried others success, mixed and match different combos and at the end of the day you just have to see what works for you. You can always go off the beaten path for a month and try something unorthodox as that is what I do just to see what works and don't.

When I bulk I keep my carbs in the 300-350g range per day sometimes more on heavy leg and back days. Oats, sweet potatoes, white rice (hate brown) are staples and I try to get the majority of my carbs post workout. Seems to be easy to down a huge bowl of oats post workout as opposed to first thing in the morning when I wake up. Also helps in recovery in my opinion.

Yeah, everyone's different. I can bulk on complex carbs but eventually I just start feeling bloated and water-logged. At that point, I just start getting my surplus cals from healthy fats and I lose the bloat. But, eventually that catches up with me and it's time to cut. Then I just cut my fats in half and do low to moderate carbs...excess weight comes falling off!

i have used a lower carb higher fat diet to make "gains"..and i use the term "gains" because that's what they are.."bulking" to me is way over the top for many...guys put on alot of lbs. but once they cut they end up only a few lbs heavier...so why not just use a lean bulk and add some quality and save the struggle to get lean again..i used to carb up while bulking because thats what bb's do..when i switched to a certain type of lean bulk my "off-season" wieght would only climb maybe 10-12 lbs..and when i cut back(in a much shorter...faster period)i still had those few lbs of quality..the same all the carbs gave me..its all about the right amount of fats and a well timed refeed that doesnt get sloppy...

Back