• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

MA83's Plain Ol' Training Log

MuscleAddict83

Registered
Reaction score
I did an SDMZ 3.0 log last month. I figured I'll keep it going here.

I did upper body today and since I was able to have a longer workout I kept the volume on a bit more of a moderate level. It felt good to push a few more sets for a change. Got a really nice pump and put up some nice numbers as well. Here's my numbers and some pumped pics!

7are6aqu.jpg
ega5y2y3.jpg
ede5ugud.jpg
yby2e5a4.jpg
ja6u6y6a.jpg

I was dragging butt a bit today. So I didn't get out of bed very quickly nor did I move very quickly in the gym. By the time I was able to get to Squats, I needed to head home. It was still a decent session though. Here's what went down:
e3epe2y7.jpg

New warmup.
e4uhenaq.jpg

Squatting with zero lower back pain is a beautiful thing! No hyperextending the lower back at the beginning and JD Limber 11 as my warm-up. Got a couple good hip pops on the cosack squats again.

It feels weird not hyperextending the lower back, but I literally sit into the squat now with zero effort. When I was doing that in the past, "sitting" into the squat would have meant instantly falling on my ass. I didn't video to see if my butt wink is gone, but it's gotta be less of one at least. It's been about 3 months now since I have done any squatting if memory serves, and my form has changed a bit. But I was still able to hit 455 for a single.

I missed my Squats so much that I'm starting a 531 routine for my comp prep training. Wendler posted a new one on TNation recently. I'm not going to be able to follow all the cycles exactly because I'm pressed for time, but I modified the first round to fit my schedule. Check it out!

I also maxed on standing presses this morning. Hit 205. Not bad considering that I haven't done a single press in almost 5 months.

I've got my training maxes figured out now. Pulled 495 for a single this morning. May have been able to go a bit higher, but it was close enough to a true max that I was satisfied. Here's the next five weeks program:

3unyqunu.jpg

And its that time of the week. Here's the progress pics:

e8e7atu4.jpg

de5yhyzy.jpg

If you're thinking my ass looks a little off on the left side, its a little inflamed from yesterday's injection.

Ok. So my refeed day turned into a refeed weekend. I really had fun with it too! Gained 6 pound from Friday to today. I was looking rather full and surprisingly dry though this morning. It's so much fun having my BF lower and then having a full on carb pump like that. This morning I had veins popping that I don't remember ever popping out before like the ones in my shoulders and upper chest. It was pretty easy to see too, because I was wearing a stringer tank.

This new workout I'm doing is killer. I was so beat by the end of it! It took me 40 minutes to complete. I'm gonna work hard on trying to cut that down just a little. I'm so wiped though that I'm glad to say tomorrow is cardio and mobility only. Today was 531 Squats and 5x5 sub-failure Bench. I have always had an issue with keeping too much cranial pressure on squats so my face get super red. Well, today I also got a bloody nose. So, on my last set I had to work around it. I managed to keep from getting another one as well.

Old habits are hard to break, especially those involving muscle memory. I had a hard time not sticking my butt out on squats today, and my lower back was starting to get sore on my earlier sets. But I found myself doing another bad habit during them too, not using my glutes to initiate out of the hole. I have a tendency to relax my butt and initiate with my back out of the hole. I realized I was doing this during my second to last set. When I corrected all my reps were pain free once again. So, even though my last set was the heaviest and it was to failure, it was actually the most pain free correct form set of my whole workout. Its gonna take some practice to correct these bad habits, but by golly I'm gonna make it happen!

Here' s today's workout:
te2u5ega.jpg

Mobility Round number one complete.

Also, 5 10s stationary bike sprints.

So, I've known for quite a while that periworkout nutrition was important, but I've been neglecting it. After reading up on it more on monday (Maximizing Protein Synthesis (Peri-workout Nutrition), I've decided to change up my diet. Here's what it looks like now:

Upon Waking:
25g Protein Shake
30g Carbs (3/4cp Rice Crispies, 1/3cp Blueberries, 1/4cp milk)

Intra-workout:
Lecheek Amino Fusion

Post Workout
50g Protein Shake

Meal 1:
6 cage free eggs
1tbsp coconut oil
1oz mixed nuts
1/4cp Blueberries
1 cup raw veggies

Meal 2:
6 cage free eggs
1tbsp coconut oil
1oz mixed nuts
1/4cp Blueberries
1 cup raw veggies

Meal 3:
8-10 oz meat
2 cups cooked veggie

I'm planning on dropping the carbs from my evening meal since I'm bringing others to the beginning of my day. I may introduce post workout carbs if I find it necessary.

My workout today was killer! It felt so good doing some heavy deads again and my better form has really increased my speed. I'm also very happy with my grip strength endurance. I think that maxing without straps will be very good for my grip strength and increase my forearm development, which hasn't been bad but is definitely the weaker link in my arms. I was very satisfied with the number of reps I put up on the final set (400x9). That means I've got a long ways to go with this 531 scheme before I start to plateau. I can't wait for Friday. I'm planning to smash some bench and really focus on my squat form with the 75% sets. Here's what went down today:
ygu2u2ug.jpg
4uqesudu.jpg

Great morning! I'm really going to like having the 75% 5x5 sets. They are a great form check, but still heavy enough that my muscles feel it. Put up great numbers on bench too. I was also able to confidently keep my form on squats so that I had zero excess strain on my lower back. Talk about a big and welcome change from the past! Here's the workout.

be6a3ygy.jpg
rypa2e3u.jpg

I'm getting good and lean. I've got veins popping out all over now. Last night's cheat was definitely welcome. Here's some progress photos:

jeheza4u.jpg
zequjejy.jpg
yzute8um.jpg

Well, the little wifey wanted to be all cuddly this morning so I didn't have time to get in my mobility warm-up. But I still got to the gym on time (5am). My strength is coming along very nicely. My rep maxes are already surpassing my starting maxes, which is pretty common for me when starting a new 531 scheme. I've been at this new training set-up for about two weeks now, and I'm really liking it. Between the big 3 and my auxiliaries there is no muscle being left behind. My weight's coming down. Fat's coming off. And strength is going up. Perfect combination given my goals.

Here's today's workout:
junazena.jpg
6u5y2amu.jpg

I've dealt with lower back issues in the past that were related to incorrect form on squats and exasperated by deads. I've since corrected both issues. Now I'm doing both with zero pain, and I'm looking to blast through my old numbers. My gym doesn't have a glute ham raise apparatus. So, I'm doing them on a lat pulldown bench.

Here's this morning's pics:
uqa9u7um.jpg
emygutug.jpg

Today was a cardio day. Did five rounds of the following:

10s Spin Bike Sprint
5 30" Box Jumps
10 Battle Rope Slams

Rested just long enough to catch my breath.

Somedays you destroy the weights in battle. Some days you barely make it out alive by the skin of your teeth. Today was one of the latter. I felt great when I got the gym. I was ready to hammer away mentally. But as the workout ensued, it was clear to me that my body had other ideas. Even though I put up a solid max effort on Squats, I was gassing it. It felt like I hit a wall pretty quickly and I just had to power through it. By the time I got done with my second sets of pullups and tricep extensions, I was done. I had no more to give and it was time to go home.

I'm down to 210 today. I can tell I've been eating really low carbs for the last few days, I'm not looking as full. But the cuts keep coming. I'm looking forward to Saturday's progress photos. Diet is essentially the same, but I've increased carbs slightly before my workout:

Upon Waking - 2 cups of Rice Crispies, 1/2 cup 2% MIlk, 26g Whey
Intra-workout - 1 scoop Lecheek Amino Fusion
Post-workout - 52g whey

Meal 1 - 6 cage free eggs, 1.5 cups raw veggie mix, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1 clementine orange
Meal 2 - Repeat 1
Meal 3 - 10oz Grassfed Organic Beef, 2 cups cooked veggies, 1 cup carbs

I got a vid of my max effort and will link it when it gets uploaded. Here's today's workout:

7aqu6u2u.jpg

negytuta.jpg

Also, here's a cool shot I took last night. It's a little hard to see in the photo, but I am starting to see separation between bicep heads when flexed.
nuda7e7e.jpg

Last night I decided it was time for my weekly cheat meal. About an hour after lunch yesterday, I was SUPER hungry all over again. Something that hadn't happened up to this point. I'm thinking all this heavy compound work is really getting my metabolism revving. This morning's workout was great and I definitely think the cheat helped. I hit 380x10 on deads, which is pretty good. A little reduction in performance from my last max effort day, but I blew my previous max effort numbers out of the water for squats today. So, it doesn't surprise me that my CNS might have been a little fatigued still. I'm looking forward to a couple of days of rest and getting caught up on sleep. Progress pics will be taken tomorrow morning, but here's a preview.
upyqu5y6.jpg

Here's my full workout. I'm thinking of taking out the curls and extensions and replacing them with close-grip chins and dips. Both of the latter exercises have been cornerstones of my arm development for a long time, and I just don't feel like their getting the same level of stimulation. Plus, another compound exercise to fuel the fat burning furnace wouldn't hurt. Here's today's routine.
aresa8et.jpg

arusupa3.jpg

I tried something a little different. I had been supersetting the main and secondary exercises. Today, I let the main exercise be its own thing. Then, I supersetted the secondary exercise sets with the auxiliary exercises. It frees up some gym equipment for the people around me and it was pretty effecient. I'm thinking it'll stay that way from here on out.

Here's today's progress pics. Was going to wear posing trunks, but I had to make it quick and didn't grab them before going to the bathroom. That's ok, this is more entertaining anyways:
petybapy.jpg

bemuha3a.jpg

Ok. So, a lot has happened over the last couple weeks. Last week was a rough one. It started rough and then just got worse. First off, I was behind on my work because the week before was crunch time for our annual reports. So, I spent the first few days getting caught up. Then came Thursday. I was finally able to start working on some other projects. Before I started I decided to hit the shitter. I come out and there's my boss and the head of HR standing in the hallway outside my office. Long story short, upper management has decided that I am no longer needed with company. Devastation.

Unfortunately as well, daycare was only paid to last Friday. So, this week has been spent playing daddy daycare while applying for jobs. Things will be tight for a while.

Training has been going well and my condition is steadily improving. Hopefully the trend continues. Progress pics tomorrow.

yvy7u3e2

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry to hear about your job man. I'm sure you will figure things out! great progress and impressive that you managed to keep it up even though life has been so hard and stressful! keep at it!

Thanks man! Apart from my faith and trust in God almighty, training keeps me sane.

Time to start keeping these logs up to date again.

DAT DER LECHEEK PUMP...
jyvyhaqu

4/2/2014 Shoulders, Traps, Calves - 2
Wednesday, 5:24 PM - 6:06 PM (00:41)

Dumbbell Standing OHP
(1) 5:24 PM 45 x 10 reps
(2) 5:24 PM 60 x 10 reps
(3) 5:25 PM 70 x 8 reps
(4) 5:28 PM 80 x 2 reps

Low Pulley Cable Rope Upright Rows
(1) 5:29 PM 50 x 10 reps
(2) 5:31 PM 50 x 12 reps
(3) 5:33 PM 65 x 10 reps

Dumbbell Side Lateral
(1) 5:34 PM 30 x 10 reps
(2) 5:36 PM 30 x 10 reps
(3) 5:37 PM 30 x 8 reps 2 cheat reps after 8

Cable Rope Pullaparts
(1) 5:39 PM 30 x 8 reps
(2) 5:41 PM 20 x 12 reps
(3) 5:43 PM 15 x 13 reps

Rear Barbell Shrugs
(1) 5:50 PM 135 x 10 reps
(2) 5:50 PM 225 x 10 reps
(3) 5:52 PM 225 x 10 reps

Dumbbell Shrugs
(1) 5:54 PM 70 x 12 reps
(2) 5:56 PM 70 x 12 reps
(3) 5:57 PM 70 x 12 reps

Calf Extension Machine
(1) 5:59 PM 210 x 12 reps
(2) 6:01 PM 210 x 10 reps
(3) 6:03 PM 210 x 10 reps
(4) 6:05 PM 210 x 8 reps 7 partial reps after failing
(5) 6:06 PM 210 x 4 reps 4 partial reps after failing

Created with ProGym Windows Phone App

y8u9aqaz

4/3/2014 Quads, Calves - 2
Thursday, 5:14 PM - 5:59 PM (00:44)

Leg Press
(1) 5:14 PM 360 x 15 reps
(2) 5:15 PM 540 x 15 reps
(3) 5:17 PM 630 x 12 reps
(4) 5:22 PM 720 x 8 reps
(5) 5:29 PM 810 x 6 reps

Barbell Back Squat
(1) 5:32 PM 225 x 8 reps
(2) 5:37 PM 185 x 9 reps
(3) 5:45 PM 135 x 10 reps

Sissy Squats
(1) 5:45 PM 204 x 10 reps
(2) 5:48 PM 204 x 10 reps
(3) 5:51 PM 204 x 10 reps
(4) 5:59 PM 204 x 10 reps

Standing Calf Raise
(1) 5:45 PM 90 x 20 reps
(2) 5:48 PM 180 x 15 reps
(3) 5:59 PM 270 x 12 reps
(4) 5:59 PM 270 x 12 reps

FLEX FRIDAY!!!

8uryjy3u

4/4/2014 Arms, Calves - 2
Friday, 9:25 AM - 10:30 AM (01:05)

Dumbbell Curls
(1) 9:25 AM 20 x 12 reps
(2) 9:25 AM 35 x 12 reps
(3) 9:29 AM 45 x 10 reps

Dumbbell Lying Extensions
(1) 9:29 AM 20 x 10 reps
(2) 9:29 AM 35 x 10 reps
(3) 9:29 AM 45 x 11 reps

Close Grip Chin Ups
(1) 9:32 AM 203 x 12 reps
(2) 9:34 AM 203 x 11 reps
(3) 9:36 AM 203 x 10 reps

Close Grip Flat Bench
(1) 9:44 AM 185 x 10 reps
(2) 9:46 AM 215 x 10 reps
(3) 9:50 AM 235 x 8 reps

Preacher Curls
(1) 9:53 AM 75 x 10 reps
(2) 9:54 AM 75 x 6 reps
(3) 9:57 AM 75 x 4 reps 1 rep standing and 3 partial reps to failure

Pushdowns
(1) 10:00 AM 65 x 15 reps
(2) 10:02 AM 72.5 x 10 reps
(3) 10:04 AM 80 x 6 reps 42.5x8 (drop set)

Close Grip Pulldowns
(1) 10:07 AM 50 x 12 reps
(2) 10:09 AM 50 x 12 reps
(3) 10:11 AM 50 x 10 reps

Dips
(1) 10:12 AM 203 x 12 reps
(2) 10:14 AM 203 x 10 reps
(3) 10:16 AM 203 x 6 reps

Cable Low Pulley Long Rope Facing Away Hammer Curls
(1) 10:18 AM 30 x 12 reps
(2) 10:20 AM 30 x 12 reps
(3) 10:20 AM 30 x 10 reps

Kickbacks
(1) 10:21 AM 30 x 10 reps
(2) 10:23 AM 30 x 8 reps 2 partial reps
(3) 10:24 AM 30 x 8 reps 4 partial reps to failure

Calf Extension Machine
(1) 10:26 AM 150 x 20 reps
(2) 10:27 AM 150 x 16 reps
(3) 10:28 AM 150 x 13 reps
(4) 10:30 AM 150 x 12 reps 6 partial reps to failure

Great stuff keep up the hard work bro. Curious I'm not the greatest computer guy.. How are you getting it to show the exercises that would be much quicker for me , then to explain on my log.. Good luck with the job stuff...

The app I'm using has a share function. I email myself the workout then copy and paste. Also, most of my posts are done with my phone through tapatalk.

Back