• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How to be a personal trainer?

TheSleeper

Registered
Reaction score
Do anyone know how to become a personal trainer ...like what steps is needed to do so...is there a class you need to take?
or can you just up an say im a personal trainer without the must have schooling you need for everything else in this world....

Do anyone know how to become a personal trainer ...like what steps is needed to do so...is there a class you need to take?
or can you just up an say im a personal trainer without the must have schooling you need for everything else in this world....

There are many certifications out there but the one you must have to be really seen are the national certified ones. What o would do is call a local community college and see what they have to offer and get online.

Many self proclaimed trainers don't have any formal backing and are not as successful as those who do.

when I got all my certificates as a young kid many 20years ago I liked it. But when you bust your ass and put 110% into it and your clients get fatter and dont listen I got so fed up with them

A few of big ones out there are ACSM, NASM, NSCA, NEITA, ACE, and ISSA....there are tons more, some more credible than others, and different gyms have their own requirements. If you are looking to work for any one particular employer I would find out what they require and make your choice that way.

Thank you all I been looking around an I found some gyms around my way will let me work as a trainer as long as I pass a few training classes and test to get a certification....but the best part to me is I get to do what I love as a part-time job n I can also work until I get my certification ...

That's awesome man. I Wish the best and much success.

Thank you all I been looking around an I found some gyms around my way will let me work as a trainer as long as I pass a few training classes and test to get a certification....but the best part to me is I get to do what I love as a part-time job n I can also work until I get my certification ...

Sleeper, kudos on your desire to evolve and become even more knowledgeable in the field! What christopherm and bodyarchitect.mn say is solid. I second their tip that to start out from zero it's best to get your hands dirty in the specifics that your "potential" employer will ask of you. After that you can then move up.

I myself became certified a few years back through this organization in Canada:

http://www.exercisecertification.com/

I really enjoyed the program. Not only was it very thorough but they also required (at that the time) for you to show successful proof that you understood everything in your course though a 12 week body transformation - with a client or yourself. So at the time you didn't have to take a multiple choice quiz, it was about applying real on-hands experience ans seeing positive results. Check it out and let us know.

The best of luck!

Back