• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

labrum tear

Meta

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently tore my labrum, and currently waiting for the surgery. Anyone went through this disaster?

yes..its a painful pita

you'll find a lot of labrum tears among the weightlifting set

if it requires surgery to clean up the joint its usually pretty minor surgery for a skilled surgeon and not all labrum tears require surgery

I got the surgery last week. Going to start PT in two weeks

Meta, I would very much recommend that you look into using BPC-157 for the next 40-60 days. It will greatly reduce your heal time as it has been shown to actually heal tendon and muscle tissue. 1 injection daily can make all of the difference in the world. Check this link out and do some google searching http://www.ironmagresearch.com/products/bpc-157/. If you are interested in trying this approach please feel free to PM me with any questions. Id be happy to help you because I know exactly how much this injury sucks. Good luck

How was surgery?
Hello Sheriv,
"Everything went great" that's a quote from the doctor himself. I was out of the sling the following week. I did 4 weeks (twice a week) of PT. I have 80% range of motion from 40% I'm told that's very good.
Pt and the surgery aren't bad, it is trying to stay sane without working out.

Meta, I would very much recommend that you look into using BPC-157 for the next 40-60 days. It will greatly reduce your heal time as it has been shown to actually heal tendon and muscle tissue. 1 injection daily can make all of the difference in the world. Check this link out and do some google searching http://www.ironmagresearch.com/products/bpc-157/. If you are interested in trying this approach please feel free to PM me with any questions. Id be happy to help you because I know exactly how much this injury sucks. Good luck
I'll send you a PM in few hours.

Yes I tore mine and did not do the surgery.

I did PT for several months and worked very hard to stabilize the shoulder. At one point I could not even bench press the bar. Stick with the recovery. Seems forever at first. I think I did 6-12 months before it was finally really stable. I was having issues with sublexation (dislocation) for a bit.

The exercise that helped me the most was standing against a wall with a tennis ball and then touching the ball with your arm fully extended to the wall lightly. Pretend the wall has a large imaginary clock on it and start at the 12 and work your way around, touching the ball to each hour on the clock.

PT was painiful for the first few months. Pain meds wouldn't touch it.

I caught up on legs big time. Was in the gym on leg presses with a sling for month. Also learned to do no handed squats, but I am not suggesting this.

Good luck.

Yrah..Kelly starrett has a cpl of video up on youtube that illustrates what Wesley is saying

Back