• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Calling out EBFitness!

Howarth17

Registered
Reaction score
Hey EB :)

I'm thinking I want to lean out a little bit before summer! If I do a pretty low carb diet (probably even keto) should I be doing a weekly re-feed? I really don't want to lose any muscle. Is that okay, or would I want to be low carb for 2 weeks to get into keto before adding carbs back in? Let me know what you think!

Hey EB :)

I'm thinking I want to lean out a little bit before summer! If I do a pretty low carb diet (probably even keto) should I be doing a weekly re-feed? I really don't want to lose any muscle. Is that okay, or would I want to be low carb for 2 weeks to get into keto before adding carbs back in? Let me know what you think!
Go two weeks of extremely low carb (no more than 50g) before you have your first cheat meal. After that you can have one cheat meal a week, preferably the same day each week.

Go two weeks of extremely low carb (no more than 50g) before you have your first cheat meal. After that you can have one cheat meal a week, preferably the same day each week.

Cheat meal or refeed day?

Cheat meal or refeed day?
You need not worry about muscle loss too much if you're on anabolics or an anti-catabolic such as clenbuterol. Your muscle size and strength may temporarily decrease, but that doesn't mean muscle loss... It's simply a loss of intra cellular water and muscle glycogen. Train smart, diet hard, and reap the rewards

You need not worry about muscle loss too much if you're on anabolics or an anti-catabolic such as clenbuterol. Your muscle size and strength may temporarily decrease, but that doesn't mean muscle loss... It's simply a loss of intra cellular water and muscle glycogen. Train smart, diet hard, and reap the rewards

That's the thing... I'm off everything for a little while. Clen and all.

That's the thing... I'm off everything for a little while. Clen and all.
The protein and fat you'll be consuming during keto (along with heavy lifting) will help you maintain muscle. You can also supplement with Vit C (500mg twice daily) to keep cortisol levels down.

The protein and fat you'll be consuming during keto (along with heavy lifting) will help you maintain muscle. You can also supplement with Vit C (500mg twice daily) to keep cortisol levels down.

What are your thoughts on anti oxidents such as vit c and training. According to some recent research it appears anti oxidents impede the body's ability to adept to training stress and therefore hindering hypertrophy.

What are your thoughts on anti oxidents such as vit c and training. According to some recent research it appears anti oxidents impede the body's ability to adept to training stress and therefore hindering hypertrophy.
That's because SOME stress/cortisol is actually good for the body...there's a reason why we produce it. It's only a problem when we produce too much...like during a cut (pre contest phase). That's when you want to eliminate some of the cortisol...hence taking 500mg vit C twice daily. Btw, E-Control also helps lower cortisol.

Back