• Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Halo Extreme 6 week Cycle Log

Tyleratron

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I posted a long time ago regarding a Halo Extreme cycle and here I am to log it now that I've taken the plunge. I'll try really hard to update everyday, and even figure out if I'm comfortable enough to take some hot pics for you guys to track progress visually. Jokes aside, I'm really excited for my first cycle. So... Here it is.
THE LOG BRO

Current Stats:

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 177
Bodyfat: 15%

Cycle Goal(s):
Looking to gain a solid 10 pounds, loss in bodyfat is not a priority but would be nice; So, gain 10lb and maintain bodyfat.

The Cycle:
Halo Extreme: 75/75/75/75/75/75
Advanced Cycle Support: 2 caps e/d
Anabolic Matrix: 2 caps e/d

Post-Cycle:
Clomid 50/50/50/50
Advance Cycle Support: 2 caps e/d
*I might add e-control depending on how I react to Halo

Diet:
Meal 1: 3 whole eggs, 9 whites; 2 scoops Myofusion... 613 Calories/95g Protein/18g Carbs
Meal 2: 1 pound ground turkey; 1 cup green beans... 714/87/7
Meal 3: 10 oz chicken; 1 cup green beans... 500/90/7
Meal 4 (PWO): 2 scoops Myofusion, 1 cup oats, 6 egg whites, 2 scoops peanut butter... 892/89/72
Meal 5 (Bed): 3 whole eggs, 9 whites; 2 scoops Myofusion... 613/95/18
Totals: 3332 Calories/456g Protein/122g Carbs

Supplements:
Myofusion
Creatine, 5g e/d
Hyper FX Pre-WO
*I might add Taurine depending on how I react to everything. Taking all the precautions necessary to make this enjoyable.

My training is very crazy... and by crazy I don't mean I claim to be more intense than most people, I just never do the same routine week-by-week. Partly because I have a lot of lifting friends that train at different gyms so I'm always "gym-hopping" and doing their workouts. The workouts vary from powerlifting routines to lots of hypertrophy work, it just depends on who I'm lifting with. With this, my split is different week-to-week; I've been trying to hit arms, shoulders, and legs two to three times a week. This is because I find those groups to be my most lacking. My recovery is pretty good without Halo, so I'm looking forward to what I can do on cycle. I don't think I would be able to do those groups that often if I didn't recover quickly. Also, though I never do the same routines, I ALWAYS squat, deadlift, and bench. So we're good on that front.

But, on to day one...

Day 1(Sunday)
Arms

Obviously, Halo did not kick in at this point but I did have a lot of energy that day. I ate pretty good the day before, so I attributed the energy to that. Also: on arm, shoulder, and chest day I use Fat Grips to blow my forearms up. I really enjoy them.

2 warm-up sets each of curls and cable push-downs, with focus on stretching and a slow negative.
Incline Curls: 3 sets of 10, superset with machine close-grip bench
Drag Curls: 3 sets of 10, superset with seated hammer strength dips
Assisted Dips: 3 sets, Start with bodyweight and do drop-sets adding assistance, superset with hammer curls 3 sets of 10
Scott Curls: 3 sets of 8, superset with reverse grip ez-bar push-downs
Resistance Bands curls: supinated grip to failure, reverse grip to failure.
Dips between benches: 3 sets to failure

Um... I think I covered everything for now. Hopefully someone follows along.

Thanks for reading.

Looks good, man; have fun! Following!

Nice son! Gonna be watching.

One question... why are your carbs so low?

If loss in bodyfat is not a priority as you said, Tony is right that those carbs are super low. I know I'd be dragging ass dead tired on 122g of carbs a day. So you're giving yourself 113g of fat but only 122g of carbs? Not trying to dictate your diet or what you do with your own training/diet regimen, but that just seems a little outta whack if losing bodyfat isn't even one of your primary goals of the cycle.

If loss in bodyfat is not a priority as you said, Tony is right that those carbs are super low. I know I'd be dragging ass dead tired on 122g of carbs a day. So you're giving yourself 113g of fat but only 122g of carbs? Not trying to dictate your diet or what you do with your own training/diet regimen, but that just seems a little outta whack if losing bodyfat isn't even one of your primary goals of the cycle.

I understand, and truthfully, as I was laying out my totals and seeing the numbers I was thinking about cutting back the protein; my split is something like 55/30/15 of protein, fats, and carbs respectively. I was thinking I should allocate that 5 in the protein to carbs. Which still isn't much more, but I'm thinking I'll add greek yogurt/cottage cheese/oatmeal before bed. However, I gain weight easily it seems and carbs usually give me a little more fat than I want. I'll be tinkering around with the carbs for a bit lol I might even try backloading again.

ON TO DAY TWO

Day two:
Boulder Shoulder Day

It was a really awesome shoulder workout; had a really good pump going and veins were popping out everywhere. It was gnarly. Had the gym to myself too. Again, I know Halo hasn't kicked in at all but I had really good energy again. I had some intense focus.

The Routein(See what I did there?)
Warm up: various grip raises 2 sets
Clean and press: 4 sets of 10, superset with plate upright rows with a squeeze at the top to stress the traps
Lateral raises on my heels: 4 sets of 10, superset with rear-delt flys
Scott Presses: 4 sets of 10, superset with behind-the-back shrugs over my ass with a squeeze at the top... almost like a behind-the-back upright row.
Lateral raises: 7 sets of 7
Rear-delt flys: 7 sets of 7

Good day nutritionally too.

And that's it for update number two.... Thanks.

In for this one. Have you ever tried tapering your carbs down throughout the day? I can eat a lot of carbs 300g+ early in the day and be fine. If I eat carbs at night time though. Game over, and the fat starts piling on.

In for this one. Have you ever tried tapering your carbs down throughout the day? I can eat a lot of carbs 300g+ early in the day and be fine. If I eat carbs at night time though. Game over, and the fat starts piling on.

I actually have not tried that. I have been successful with carb backloading, which is essentially the exact opposite of your practice; no carbs before workout, heavy carbs post. I still don't have carbs pre-workout though, at least I try not to. Vegetables are okay pre-workout. But, I'll be noodling around with the carbs as I progress. If I think I need more by the end of week 2, I'll throw some more in.

Thank you all for your responses! Will be updating shortly with day three.

Day Three:
Leg Day

As I'm sitting here now, leg day feels like a success so I think it was a good workout. Good energy, lots of squats; a little superset action going on. Good times.

Routine:

Warm up Squats: 2 sets of 10 with 135
Squats: 225 for 10, 275 for 8, 275 for 6, 315 for 5, 225 for 10, 225 for 8, 225 for 6, 225 for 4
Front Squats: 135 for 6, 135 for 5, superset with seated hamstring curls
Leg press Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15, superset with narrow leg press 4 sets of 10
Lunges: w/bar, 15 reps each leg for two sets
Box Step-ups: w/bar, 15 reps each leg for two sets

Day four:
Rest day.

It was just a rest day. Did cardio. Blew up my treadmill with some HIIT.

Day Five:
Arms: Round Two

Just a light arm day; started out rough because I had some girl buzzing in my ear for an hour...

"Can you show me how to use these machines?"
FINE!
"This is hard, my arms hurt."
That's the point.
"How many reps should I do?
I don't care; I'm trying to lift over here.

Routine:
Warm up: Rope push downs, 2 sets; curls, 2 sets.
Scott curls: 3 sets of 10 w/50lbs, superset with close grip bench 3 sets of 10
Hammer Curls: 50lb 10 reps each arm, 60lb 8 reps each arm, 65lb 2 good reps each arm; superset with hammer strength seated dips, 180lb for 10 reps each set.
FST 7 set, High cable curls
FST 7 set, Rope push downs

I had a good pump, and my arms felt huge! I'm doing back and shoulders today; have a lot of fun stuff planned so I'm really excited to lift. Update later!

Day Six:
Shoulders: Round two
Cut my workout to just shoulders; was doing clean and presses and rounded my back by mistake and had some back pain. Only hurt when I rounded my back, so my form for the rest of my shoulder workout was awesome. No distractions that day; killed my shoulders. It was a light shoulder day.
1. Due to the aforementioned back pain and B. Because the first round of shoulders was the heavier day.

Routine:
Warm-up: 2 sets, various grip raises
Clean and Press: 95x10, 95x8, 115x6, 95x6
Superset: Hammer Strength Military Press, 90x10, 140x8, 180x4, 90x5

Triset:
Seated Dumbbell Press: 55x10, 55x8, 45x10, 45x8
Lateral Raises: 20x10, 15x10, 15x8, 15x6
Rear Delt Cable Pull: 4 sets of 10

Rest Pause set:

Front raises: 15x10 pause 10 more reps, rest, 15x10 pause 10 more reps

Day Seven:
Chest
This is the first “real” chest day I’ve had in a long time. This is due to the fact that my chest is disproportionately large compared to other parts of my body. My chest and back just grow quickly, and easily. So I usually don’t do much chest. However, I’ve hypothesized that my tricep and delt development might be lacking because I very seldom do chest. So here I am doing chest again.

Routine:
Warm-up: 2 sets incline bench, 45x15, 45x10
Incline Bench: 135x10, 135x10, 185x8, 205x6, 225x2
Superset: High Cable Flys

Decline: 135x10, 155x10, 185x10
Superset: Low Cable Flys

Incline Dumbbell Press: 60x8, 70x6, 80x4, 90x4
Superset: Push-ups

This also marks one week I’ve been on Halo. I’m enjoying it so far. It might just be my body’s predisposition to a bulking diet, but I’ve had great energy all week. And the pumps have been great. No strength gains to note, so far, although my chest day was strong despite lack of training. It doesn’t seem like there was much change in bodyfat and I’m at 184.5 dry. So that’s 7.5 pound gain. I don’t know how; I eat like a horse, but I didn’t think I would be gaining that quickly or that much. Maybe my scale is acting up. Who knows.

As always, thanks for reading.

Day Eight:
Legs

Probably my most successful leg day I've had for a few weeks. It was a leg press day; decided to change it up from the usual squats. I still did squats, mind you, my heavy sets were just on leg press. Feels good man. Nutritionally, lack of preparation killed me yesterday. But I think I picked up some calories at the end of the day. Protein and carbs were in check, my calories were just low. Today will be better hopefully; my two best friends, who are married, and their child are in town from South Carolina so my diet might not be spot on. But, I'll keep my macros in order.

The Routine:
Warm-up Squats: 2 sets, 135x10

Leg Press:
180x20
270x30
360x20
540x10
720x8
900x6
1080x4
1170x2

Seated calf raises:Ten 4-second reps with a stretch at the bottom of the movement, 3 sets; superset with Standing Calf Raises, bodyweight to failure.

Squats: 135x10, 135x8, 135x6, 135x4; superset with Front Squats, 135x5 for 4 sets.

Quad Extensions: 3 sets of 12; superset with Hamstring Curls, 3 sets of 12.

Bodyweight lunges: 10 reps each leg for 3 sets.

I also did 3 sets of Yates Rows, 135x10, just because my friend was doing back.

Thanks for reading!

Back